Passions - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Passions' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Lindsay Hartley Exit Interview with Soaps.com!

Monday, August 04 2008

Lindsay (Mitchell Haaseth (NBC))
    After nine years of Theresa's crocodile tears and outrageous schemes, Passions Lindsay Hartley is enjoying life as a mom.

"I'm just hanging out and taking care of Isabella (4)," Lindsay Hartley told soaps.com when we ran into her and hubby Justin Hartley at a CW party in July. "It's great. She's at such a great age. She's a girl! She wants to dress up and wears my heels all the time. We do a lot of arts and crafts and read together. Today, I taught her bingo with math problems. You take away cents and the apple goes on the number you end up with. She's just starting, but I was surprised. Kids today are smarter. Maybe because programs on TV are so educational."

Word is several ex-Harmony locals are anxious to find a new gig, but as a member of Harmony's most persistent love triangle, Hartley is thrilled to be taking it easy for a change. "Did I want a break? Yeah!" Lindsay laughs. "Over Christmas, we always got a few weeks, but I've never had more than two or three weeks at a time. It's different, but I like it."

It helps that her hubby, Passions alum Justin, is back at work as Smallville's Oliver Queen, aka Green Arrow. "That makes it easier," admits Lindsay. "I'm like, 'Whatever, he's taking care of business.' It's great."

Of course, that means Dad has to go to Canada to shoot. "He just started the trips back and forth," she explains. "He returned this morning from two weeks on, so he'll be home almost two week and then he'll go back, but we'll go back with him this time. Then I'll hang out with Isabella up there. It's beautiful up there."

Hartley is clearly enjoying her new lifestyle, but that doesn't mean walking away from Harmony was easy. "It was a tough last few weeks," Lindsay recalls. "Every time you walked to your dressing room, it was like, 'This is one of the last times!' People that had left were able to come back and walk on the set at the end, so there were a lot of castmembers there the last day. For the people in the actual story, it was hard."

Since wrapping, the Hartley's have done their best to keep up with their old castmates, if not first hand, then through the grapevine. "I see Eric Martsolf (Ethan) all the time and of course Eva (Tamargo, Pilar)," Lindsay reports. "They're pretty much the ones I've kept in touch with. It's the people that I worked with, if you think about it. Then if they talk to other people, we get to check in. Like Heidi talks to Eva a lot, so I'll check in on Heidi, and Galen (Gering) just had a second baby (a boy, Jensen), so I'll check in."

While life moves on for the castmembers, Passions end is in sight and Harmony's destruction looms. We had to ask Hartley what to expect!

SPOILER ALERT! "It's a harmonious ending to Harmony," Lindsay previews. "Everyone's happy at the end."

Soaps.com hopes Passions cast and crew live happily ever after, too!

Deanna Barnert
    Reporter
    Soaps.com

Posted by QUEENLMG at Monday, August 04 2008 09:22 AM

Just a quick typo- Justin plays on Smallville-Oliver Queen/ The Green ARROW- clues are he uses a bow and arrow- like the Queen family crest. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything just the facts

Posted by Lasha at Monday, August 04 2008 10:02 AM

I am so happy that everyone is going to know the truth of what Gwen and Rebecca did to the entire Lopez-Fitzgerald family.

Posted by youngesoapwatcher at Monday, August 04 2008 11:09 AM

i didnt know smallvill films in canada so where does it film anyone know

Posted by dedo17886 at Tuesday, August 05 2008 09:28 AM

do you think passions may have more to come later on? I sure do hope so I love this show I dont want it to end please second think it!!!!

Posted by DIANA064 at Tuesday, August 05 2008 11:22 AM

Lindsay sounds thrilled to be spending time with Isabella and Justin. She was one of the hardest-working and most professional of all the Passions actors...she deserves a break!
    I think it is fair to say that her character was a huge hit with the fans and I love that Theresa goes out as the heroine of the show, (along with Tabs) and all of her dreams really did come true. It was fate! LOL
    Thanks so much for this interview. Nice work!

Posted by Latricenicole at Tuesday, August 05 2008 03:00 PM

I wish Whitney comes back for the finale bc thats theresa's best friend

Posted by Nikkita77 at Wednesday, August 06 2008 05:59 PM

yeah whit coming back ould have been great , i m so sad passions is leaving. i refuse to delete the episodes i have recorded. Ethan and Theresa 4 ever. linsey would be a great villian on smallville or even wonder woman ! it's a thought ! did you guys see Jessie metcalf ( first miguel when he was on smallville ) he is still so fine !

Posted by bhgsoftball33 at Thursday, August 07 2008 07:59 AM

IS there any chance passion can come back or is it really over.

Posted by sweetangel1978 at Thursday, August 07 2008 09:05 AM

o man i love her she sooo beatfull lol im glad she get a break to be wit her lil one n her hubby make him make the money lolol just kidding but she does need a break good for her im happy

Posted by Miss Lady Mo at Saturday, August 09 2008 01:19 AM

Theresa was my favorite on the show... you felt her Passion all the time. When she was mad, sad, happy you felt it. I cried when she cried, she just had this thing about her. When I tuned in to watch Passions, I had no idea it was the last show. I record it, and watched it when my little ones are asleep, but I was shocked.
    I love the show, and I'm so sad that its over. I was hoping it was gonna be on for many more years. Maybe by some kind of "Faith" it will find its way alive here again on our tv sets.