Passions - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Passions' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Passions: The Other Theresa

Wednesday, February 20 2008

Priscilla Garita (Soaps.com)
    While Theresa seems to be swimming with the fishes this week, we thought it would be a good time to see what the other Theresa was up to. For those who don't recall, or perhaps didn't notice, the role of Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald Crane has actually been played by an actress other than the inimitable Lindsay Hartley.

Viewers may recall when Lindsay left the show on maternity leave and Priscilla Garita took over the role for more than a month in 2004. Garita was already an established soap actress, having appeared on Another World and All My Children, but she really made her mark playing Gabi Martinez on NBC's cult hit Sunset Beach. When she arrived on the set of Passions, she was shocked to discover that several people she had worked with on Sunset Beach were there as well. Leigh Taylor-Young (Katherine Crane) and Kathleen Noone (Edna Wallace) had both co-starred with her on the canceled soap. In an even stranger coincidence, or perhaps not a coincidence at all, fellow Beach star Nick Stabile was simultaneously cast as the replacement for Justin Hartley's Fox Crane while he was off with Lindsay.

Since leaving her time on Passions behind, Garita has starred in Anthony Ng's comedy 212 and appeared on Charmed. She recently completed roles in two feature films set for release this year. The New York born actress plays Miriam Norris in the sci-fi film InAlienable starring Courtney Peldon and Marina Sirtis. You will also be able to catch her playing a reporter in crime drama The Fall.

Meanwhile, Leigh Taylor-Young was rather abruptly written off Passions in 2006. Since then, the Emmy winning actress has gone on to play a psychiatrist in the film Spiritual Warriors starring Sally Kirkland and Robert Easton. That film is set to be released this year. Since Nick Stabile left the show and has successfully gone on to appearances on CSI:Miami and major roles on Saints & Sinners and the films Dead Write and Sheltered. Noone continues to sporadically return to Passions in the role of Edna.

Posted by jahquawn1 at Thursday, February 21 2008 01:50 PM

My daughter and I have been watching |Passions since it began. |I hate it that it seems that Theresa might no longer be on the show and my daughter has threatened to stop watching it all together.
    Maybe the writers could have Tabby or Kay make a spell that brings Theresa back.

Posted by passionsobserver at Friday, February 22 2008 08:35 AM

I am hating it. Lindsay Hartley could have at least exposed Gwenilla and Rebecca before she went of on maternity leave. I want to see Lindsay Hartley (Theresa)happily married to Ethan with their children and not Priscilla Garita (next Theresa), it is not fair - Gwenilla! won again.

I guess when Lindsay Hartley returns then i will continue to watch. Ciao.

Posted by passionsobserver at Friday, February 22 2008 08:37 AM

Oops! I interpreted it wrongly but anyhow, until Lindsay Hartley returns, then i will continue to watch.

Posted by passionsfan01 at Friday, February 22 2008 09:14 AM

I actually remeber when she was playing theresa for that time period. I also remeber her from sunset beach.

Posted by daysnpassionsfan82 at Saturday, February 23 2008 02:02 PM

What is passions without Lindsay Hartley? She is the drama! Please keep her and not bring in the (new Theresa). I would stop watching it wouldn't be the same. And I can't believe she didn't get to live long enough to tell Ethan the truth about Gwen and her mother! Sooo disapointing.

Posted by daysnpassionsfan82 at Saturday, February 23 2008 02:02 PM

Posted by daysnpassionsfan82 at Saturday, February 23 2008 02:07 PM

OK I read that wrong, still, I would like to see Theresa and Ethan finally get together leagaly with there children and Gwens baby sometime before the end of passions!

Posted by anglebelle1 at Sunday, February 24 2008 02:56 PM

ilove ethan and thersea but thresea put gwen through alot and gwen done alot to but gwen needs her baby if its her baby. and ilove both thrseas they r good actress hoefully lindzey comes back soon. and what about the other crane when is she coming back.

Posted by lsexytoys at Wednesday, February 27 2008 07:43 PM

well if you ask me i would like tpassion's 2 return on regular telivision because everyone can't offord direct tv like me ive been watching passion since it started and now since the last eposoid left NBC i havent watch it