Passions - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Passions' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Passions Now Available Online

Friday, September 28 2007

(Soaps.com)
    Since Passions' move to DIRECTV was announced, fans of the show have been asking if the show would continue to be available online. After a few months of hints and speculation, the network has made public that it will indeed be offering the show. It shall be streamed online as before on the official NBC page which is where it will continue to be available. The only catch is that the show will now be offered on a subscription basis. Fans can sign up to watch that show for a fee of $19.95 per month. New episodes will be added daily and will remain posted on the site for up to eight weeks. The service will be available beginning on Monday, October the 1st.

The executive vice president of DIRECTV Entertainment, Eric Shanks, issued this statement: “Since we announced the Passions move to DIRECTV, we’ve had a significant response from fans requesting that we continue to stream the show online. We know that Passions fans are religious about keeping up with the happenings in Harmony, and are happy to be able to offer them the option of an online subscription if they can’t make the switch to DIRECTV. Now fans can catch the daytime drama anywhere, anytime by signing up for the monthly subscription.”

Posted by kjr100 at Friday, September 28 2007 11:48 AM

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm not paying $20 a month to watch a soap opera. $10. maybe, but not $20-- no way.

Posted by Belle of New Orleans at Friday, September 28 2007 05:08 PM

There is no way I would pay $19.95 to see a soap opera, especially this one which hangs on to a story line for months on end!!! I'll read the updates on my computer as long as I can, then it will be adios for me

Posted by poboysgal at Friday, September 28 2007 07:25 PM

I have watched Passions from day one and knowing the show was being cancelled by NBC (THANKS!!!!!) I as a lot of my friends thought it would be available online for FREE I have local cable I am very happy with and am sorry to say I wouldnt pay $5.oo I already pay $125.00 for what I get. Unfortunately now I have to watch TODAY (if I want to watch the news I prefer my local 30 minute update) and gameshows GALORE I am sick of NBC and think they need to fire everyone and find someone who listens to what the public wants! By the way I am a 40 year old mother of 3 and what I have to say you think does not matter if anyone from Passions reads this I am very sorry NBC is so stupid and even more sorry Directtv has taken you all away from a LOT of faithful fans, I wish you all JOY AND HAPPINESS thanks for many good years. Now I am going to go watch the BIOGRAPHY channel.

Posted by lynno at Friday, September 28 2007 07:45 PM

I agree with everyone else.. I also watched episode 1 and faithfully watched everyone (when permited). I also am not
    paying to watch it online and not in a position to change my already overly outragious bill now.. What in heaven's name or Who... came up with this bright idea.. it's certianally not helping the ratings and actually making a whole lot of loyal HARMONY fans mad... At least... *oh never mind... deaf ears... and you guys really dont care about us... * thanks for listening..Lynn

Posted by cblonde1269 at Saturday, September 29 2007 09:06 AM

i am sure happy to pay for passions it is my favorite soap and i have been lost without it i am a true fan

Posted by twinmomplus1 at Saturday, September 29 2007 12:18 PM

No way would I pay to watch it online! They will just do anything to make $$. And if people are crazy enough to pay it, then they will keep charging. I personally love reading it on here. Takes up much less of my time just reading and getting right to the point! Thanks!!

Posted by Clare at Saturday, September 29 2007 01:21 PM

20.00 a month. I will pay it, but because they would charge for this, I will never switch to Directv.

Posted by sarahj5477 at Saturday, September 29 2007 01:34 PM

Holy crap!$20 bucks a month is a little high priced.

Posted by Roseberry at Sunday, September 30 2007 12:42 AM

20.00 a month hell no!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by devilsmaid2us at Sunday, September 30 2007 12:32 PM

What is everyones problem?? We all complained because we couldn't watch the show on tv anymore because we didnt want to switch to direct tv or couldnt.. and now that we get the chance to watch it online .. you all are complaing .. come on now i know we have to pay for it but thats not a bad price .. its less then $1 a show.. it would be nice to be able to watch it for free but i am willing to pay the price because this is my soap and i love watching it and if you were a true passions fan you would be the same way.. the only thing im mad about is that i have to watch it on a 19in monitor instead of my 62 in tv .. thats what sucks .. nbc put it back on tv PLEASE