* If you've been missing him as Harmony's most famous attorney, and also its most easily convinced, confused or distracted leading man, you can catch Travis Schuldt (ex-Ethan Winthrop) trying on a different pair of pants tonight. He'll be portraying a football player on this week's edition of Law and Order: CI where they will rip yet another story from the headlines and retool it for your amusement. In this episode, punningly titled 'Offense', detectives Logan and Falacci mine their way through a high profile rape case involving a football team. The episode will air on Thursday, November the 29th at 10 PM on the USA Network.
Travis Schuldt has been a very busy man since leaving the cast of Passions where he played the role of Ethan from 1999 until 2002. In addition to a recurring role on Scrubs, he also appeared recently on episodes of Cavemen and My Boys. Beyond his busy schedule appearing on TV screens, he had also been doing regular work in feature films, completing a film already released this year, From a Place of Darkness, and two which will be released in the new year: A Line in the Sand and Something's Wrong in Kansas. Recently, Schuldt married his former Passions co-star, the former Gwen Hotchkiss, Natalia Zea. For an additional look at what he's been up to, please visit this old article of ours.
* Love a parade? If you do, you should make your way to the annual Hollywood Santa Claus parade this Sunday, November the 25th. Long time Passions actors Andrea Evans (Rebecca Hotchkiss) and James Hyde (Sam Bennett) will be taking part along with fellow soap stars like Ashley Benson, Melody Scott and Daniel Goddard. The festivities will be led by this year's grand marshall, former The Price is Right host Bob Barker, and will feature high school marching bands from all over California. The event begins at 5:00 PM.
For additional information, please visit the parades official website here.
* Be sure to catch James Hyde (Sam Bennett) when he shows up for an appearance on Las Vegas this Friday, November the 9th. The show is titled 'It's Not Easy Being Green' and is part of NBC's Green initiative which has been taking place all week. In this episode, the Montecito will host an environmentally friendly conference. Please check your local listings for time and channel.
* The always fascinating Erin Cardillo (Esme) shall be showcasing her impressive comedic skills as she hosts the main company sketch show at the Acme Comedy Theatre on Saturday, November the 10th at 8:00 PM. If you're in the area, you should make sure to check it out. If you're interested in reservations and additional information, please visit the theater's official website here or call 323-525-0202. Tickets are $15. The Acme Theatre is located at 135 N. La Brea Ave Los Angeles, CA 90036.
* If you like the tumult of a parade and happen to be in the lovely City of Tustin in Orange County, California, you should check out their Tustin Tiller Days Parade on Saturday, October the 6th. It will be getting underway at 10:00 AM to celebrate the agricultural heritage of the county. Why else should you go? Because Christopher Maleki (Spike) will be participating in the festivities this year. For more information please visit the event's official site here..
* The charming James Hyde (Sam Bennett) will be at Will Rogers State Beach in Pacific Palisades, CA on Saturday, October the 6th. The actor, and sports enthusiast, will be taking part in Jason Olive’s 5th Annual JAYO Invitational. This event is held every year to raise money for Cure Autism Now, an organization devoted to funding essential research on autism and related disorders. Also expected to attend will be gold medalists Kerri Walsh, Dain Blanton and Eric Fonoimoana as well as actors Rene Russo, Amber Valetta, John Heder and Windsor Harmon and Victoria Rowell. For additional information, please visit the official event website here..
* On Saturday, October the 20th, you'll be able to find many of the stars of Passions at the Celebs Go Ape Charity Luncheon. No, it doesn't have anything to do with Precious, the orangutan nurse that Mrs Wallace used to have. It's actually a charity to help support action for animal and environmental protection. Currently expected to attend are Ben Masters (Julian),Tracey Ross (Eve), Dylan Fergus (Noah), Colton Shires (little Ethan) Phillip Jeanmarie (Vincent), Chris Maleki (Spike), and Erin Cardillo (Esme) along with a many other daytime stars.
The event will take place between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM at the Beverly Garlands Hotel, Holiday Inn. Tickets are currently on sale with pre-sale tickets going for $85 (sale ends October the 10th) and limited general admission tickets going for $95. For tickets and any additional information that you may require, please visit the event's official website here.
* If you happen to be in New York City on Tuesday, September the 18th, you may want to try and drop in on the Plaza at 30 Rockefeller. There you can catch Passions' delightful McKenzie Westmore (Sheridan Crane) doing an interview for Today. She'll be discussing the show's departure from the airwaves of NBC and its new beginning on DirecTV among other things. She may even drop some hints about what we'll see in the weeks to come. The appearance will air on the Tuesday edition of the show at 9:00 AM EST.
* Later in the month, and on a different coast, you can find James Hyde, better known as Harmony's beleaguered police chief Sam Bennett, playing in Wendie Jo Sperber's Ninth Annual Celebrity Golf Classic. The event will take place on Saturday, September the 29th, at the Glen Annie Golf Club in Santa Barbara, CA. It will benefit weSpark, an organization devoted to helping cancer patients and their families through difficult times and to improve their quality of life. For more information about the organization and for tickets, please visit their official home page here.