List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Passions - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Passions Forum :: Let's Discuss Soaps.com's "Full Detailed Profiles" at Cast List Page

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Let's Discuss Soaps.com's "Full Detailed Profiles" at Cast List Page

Started by DIANA064 at 2008/05/02 08:41PM
    Latest post: 2008/06/26 09:43AM, Views: 2192, Replies: 29
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2008/05/14 09:44AM
    Re: Let's Discuss Soaps.com's
    laradom

I do agree.I missed 2 years of the show and it is frustrating to read a biased recap or character profile.IT should be impartial and not like an opinion.

#12   2008/05/15 10:35AM
    DIANA064

Quote laradom: I do agree.I missed 2 years of the show and it is frustrating to read a biased recap or character profile.IT should be impartial and not like an opinion.

Yes, the early years of the show were important to the storylines that followed and to have them misrepresented and even wrong is not fair to the fans who joined the show later. There are so many glaring problems with these bios and histories that I felt I had to comment on them.

Gwen's history misrepresents her role in the tabloid conspiracy using Ethan's paternity secret.This was a scheme she and her mother did to get rid of Ivy and Theresa so Rebecca could marry Julian and to destroy ET/wedding so Gwen could get Ethan back by framing Theresa for what they did.

Even Little Ethan's bio and history is misrepresented. The child was traumatized by the scam Rebecca, with Gwen in on it,ran to take LilE away from Theresa by blackmailing and forcing Julian to file charges with child welfare against Theresa. No mention of their scheme to destroy the LopezFitzgerald family,gaslight Theresa, bribe judges and blackmail Julian again, so Gwen could adopt Theresa's little boy herself...all in the name of revenge.

I noticed, too, that the writer states that Theresa married Alistair and LET him adopt LilE. Theressa knew nothing about LilE being adopted until it was all over...Alistair pointed it out to her in the fine print and she objected and wanted to run away with LilE that night.

There are other instances in these histories that I take issue with as to accuracy. I think it is wrong for this site to misrepresent the character's actions and their histories and I don't think the show's writers would approve either.

#13   2008/05/15 10:57AM
    screaming-tu...

Once again I gotta say I don't see the problem with the bio's. As for T letting Al adopt LE well....she can read and she didn't care enough to read a pre-nup so she gave written consent to Al adopting LE. Then she even critized Julian saying at least Alister spent time with LE!!! So where is the big grip...that Gwen wasn't written with all possible inner dialong intact in the bio? Instead they just stuck to what the actions were and are hopeing that folks can make up their own minds. They have the threads from pro and anti posters to give color comentary. The Detailed profiles just give you the basic raw facts. It's not like they go out and day OH this perons is pure good, or this one is totaly vile and you should hate them. The bio's are fine.

#14   2008/05/18 07:22AM
    laradom

In respect of the Alistair adopting LE I believe is the best exemple about why it needs to be changed. I had a totally different interpretation of the storyline after watching the episodes.When I read the recaps and profiles I thought differently.It may happens to some fans.The point is not to favour anyone,is to be impartial.

#15   2008/05/21 08:39AM
    DIANA064

Thanks for all the input! I hope something can be done to correct the wrong info and the misleading spinning of the storylines. I plan to Email the Admn of the board about it since we've had no comment in this thread from her.

I'll close out with a quote from Gwen's character history just to give everyone a good laugh:

"Gwen had no choice but to contact the tabloids and ensure they publish the fact that the information came from Theresa"..............

I rest my case.

#16   2008/05/21 10:13AM
    mod matt

They're fairly accurate given the fact that the show has never presented the characters in an entirely coherent or one-sided way and that it's had a penchant for re-writing history when the occasion fits.

#17   2008/05/23 07:03PM
    DIANA064

Quote mod matt: They're fairly accurate given the fact that the show has never presented the characters in an entirely coherent or one-sided way and that it's had a penchant for re-writing history when the occasion fits.

Now, now...this sounds like doublespeak to me, mod Matt

I've pointed out several things that aren't accurate and they are important items in the storyline and the character profile, and I haven't even discussed Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald's.

It seems to me that Soaps.com would want to be striving to present the facts in these bios and for honesty, accuracy and credibility in writing them.

Soapsfan812 has uploaded quite a few scenes on Youtube from the early years of Passions, including Gwen's attack on Theresa with the baseball bat...see "Charity's Evil Parts 1-9", if anyone would like to see that scene and some of the early scenes which showed that Theresa was not a stalker.

Also,Soapoperafan has great recap archives dating back to the first eppy, including the "Tabloid Schemes" by Gwen and Rebecca. The first episode I could find on the Tabloids scheme was December 28, 2000, just 3 days after Ethan proposed to Theresa.The scheme was pretty involved and lasted through about June, 2001.

I hope Soaps.com will give this more study and consideration and act accordingly. If I can be of help, please email me. Thanks!

#18   2008/05/28 10:46AM
    DIANA064

Anything further, Matt? I would really like to get some input on this thread from Christine Fix.

#19   2008/05/31 01:10AM
    Teenie

Let me tell you about my girl gwen:

Gwen is what it is.......

Teresa is a salty stinky chick

the end.

#20   2008/05/31 01:22AM
    Teenie

Wake Up....teresa will demand on her way or no way.....No WAY!!!!Some folks will try to figure out her outrageous behavior...It always her way.......Ethan may listen and MISS her....She is Wrong how she tried to do Gwen...Ethan's Boo...She need to go somewhere ........Ethan will always choose his boo. Why? This I don't know...It will not be Theresa...FOUL hand/Dirty hands.......It will be Gwen that he choose....His Boo! No one has been with his wife except him..Theresa is a dime a dozen...She do the nasty with anybody....Not Ethan's WIFE! Her Beautiful name is Gwen.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list