List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Passions - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Passions Forum :: Lessons learned from Passions

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lessons learned from Passions

Started by bearrie at 2006/11/10 11:25PM
    Latest post: 2006/11/15 11:32PM, Views: 903, Replies: 14
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2006/11/15 07:24AM
    Re: Lessons learned from Passions
    Audd

Quote bearrie: As a woman in Harmony, it is a rite of passage, to have any of the following combinations happen to you.
    A man isn't a man unless he... beats, rapes, dumps, kills, kidnaps, prostitutes you. That's not all. He also has to reject you because of your sexuality, or lack of, turn your kids against you, have then disrespect you by calling you a hooker, -when he was the one who did turned you into one- cheats on you, cheats on his wife with you, but won't leave his wife even if he does love YOU because his marriage vows are SACRED, father children but neglect them, blame you for making his life a mess, when it was of his own doing. All this, without any negative ramifications.

Ladies, you just witnessed JERk at his -Misogynistic Venom-finest. Makes you wonder if JERk was dumped by EVERY single woman in his life? and you have to wonder why. Seems his views on women are centuries old? And you call this good story telling? THIS is edge of your seat drama? No wonder why Passions always ranks last in the Nielson's ratings.

Audd, tell me what I've said here is not completely true.

I love ya Bearrie, it is completely true!! The show is beyond words!! The writers must sit on their butts all day drinking and laughing at the viewers expense!! I would be embarrassed to say I'm a writer on this show, it's horribly writen, there is no suspense, it's predictable, moronic and it makes me wonder if the writers think we are dumb as a box of rocks. I feel for the actors who have to repeat the same old dumb lines, they wake up everyday to say and do the same thing. My 86 year old grandmother thinks there is something wrong with Reilly either sexually or mentally! And I have to agree. I understand wanting a soap that is far different from other soaps and that is why he brought in the supernatural, witchcraft weirdness, I'll take that, however, the 7 years of the same-o-same-o is more then anyone can take!!! Fire the moronic JERk before the show is done, the viewers are angry and you are losing viewers by the day, I, who never miss a show, am now watching the last 10 minutes just in case some action occurs, it never does. Hell, I'll write for the show, Bearrie will, there are many intelligent people who would do a better job then the current writers. Get a clue

#12   2006/11/15 07:27AM
    Audd

Quote spikky!: u sound very disturbed bearrie, it's just a show...part of y we watch it is cause it's freaking long and cause it drags its story lines!

I don't agree. Are you not reading all the posts?? Viewers are angry and are threatening to strike, protest and/or stop watching. This is not a normal show that drags out, this is a 7 year old storyline. THe writers are too dumb to think of a different storyline so they stick with this moronic one, and because of this,it will be canceled!

#13   2006/11/15 05:37PM
    foxsong

Viewers are angry and are threatening to strike, protest and/or stop watching. This is not a normal show that drags out, this is a 7 year old storyline. THe writers are too dumb to think of a different storyline so they stick with this moronic one, and because of this,it will be canceled![/quote]

I could'nt agree more I used to love the show because it was fun and quirky but with this same old tired storyline dragging on and on I've just gotten sick of the whole show and don't think I'll keep watching unless something happens soon.The writers better wise up.

#14   2006/11/15 07:32PM
    bearrie

There is ONE upshot to this repetitive story. Many trees are being saved. There is no need to print out multiple copies of something that these actors have done for so long, that by now, they've mastered it, and can preform while sleeping. How many different ways can T actually play the victim and not be recycling faces and emotions? How many different ways can Rebecca be manipulating all scenarios, making Gwennie come out on top, smelling like roses while T looks like the fool. How many different ways can Gwen gloat over beating T AGAIN when it comes to Ethan? They've been there, DONE that, many EONS ago.
    I'll give it that it WAS quirky and different when it first came on. However, that got lost real fast. Tabby and her witch craft, causing chaos, making the peeps of Harmony miserable? That was cute. I'm thinking that story died when tim tim did. It was further KILLED when Tabby got preggers?????!!!!!!!! by Julian of all people.

#15   2006/11/15 11:32PM
    Danielle

I liked the show when Timmy's charachter was on it. It was sad when he died. I also agree. The women in this show are weak. Theresa is a given and Whitney well come on now it is obvious Chad is cheating. I mean all women that were truly all there in the head would pick up the signals that Chad is throwing off. Whitney is clueless. This show does portray women as not only weak but stupid as well. I think everyone should boycott this show and just hit the spoilers. What is the point of watching everything drags out seven or more years so we should be good to go for another seven (Ivy's secret came out. If we boycott they will either fire Reiley or cancel the show. If they cancel the show then in the last episode the viewers will atleast get closure. Ethan will have to choose. Whitney will find out about chad etc. There will be closure. I think Whitneys new love interest will be Jarrod and Theresa and Chad will end up hooking up sooner or later everyone on this show sleeps with everyone. The only one that has not slept around on this show has been Gwen. She has actually stayed faithful to Ethan. I think that they should make J.T. blackmail her into sleeping with him. I am surprised the writers haven't done this with as big of a horndog that he is. I think Gwen kills J.T. The show ends his contract for good in December. This is about the time Gwen goes on maternity leave. I think J.T. develops a conscious and is going to rat Gwen out and she kills him ofcourse Theresa gets blamed for it because of the comment that she made the other day. (kind of sounds like the plot from DOOL. Sami and Franko). Ethan will find out the truth though and Theresa will be on death row so he will stay with Gwen.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list