List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Passions - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Passions Forum :: Lessons learned from Passions

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lessons learned from Passions

Started by bearrie at 2006/11/10 11:25PM
    Latest post: 2006/11/15 11:32PM, Views: 847, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/11/10 11:25PM
    Lessons learned from Passions
    bearrie

As a woman in Harmony, it is a rite of passage, to have any of the following combinations happen to you.
    A man isn't a man unless he... beats, rapes, dumps, kills, kidnaps, prostitutes you. That's not all. He also has to reject you because of your sexuality, or lack of, turn your kids against you, have then disrespect you by calling you a hooker, -when he was the one who did turned you into one- cheats on you, cheats on his wife with you, but won't leave his wife even if he does love YOU because his marriage vows are SACRED, father children but neglect them, blame you for making his life a mess, when it was of his own doing. All this, without any negative ramifications.

Ladies, you just witnessed JERk at his -Misogynistic Venom-finest. Makes you wonder if JERk was dumped by EVERY single woman in his life? and you have to wonder why. Seems his views on women are centuries old? And you call this good story telling? THIS is edge of your seat drama? No wonder why Passions always ranks last in the Nielson's ratings.

Audd, tell me what I've said here is not completely true.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/10 11:27PM
    #2   2006/11/11 12:40AM
    Re: Lessons learned from Passions
    rjhelms

I was thinking the same thing. I can't stand the Alistair character for the reasons stated. Women are disrespected in this show. They are made to be desperate and crazy acting as well, in addition to being abused. Your right. I'm wondering if JER has had a normal relationship.

#3   2006/11/11 01:12PM
    NicoleSann

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The storyline with Ethan, Theresa and Gwen have been going on way to long. This storyline have lasted for 6 yrs, from the time Passions came on the air, Theresa and Gwen have been fighting over Ethan. Also the one with Sheridan and Luis he keep dragging it out. That is one of the reason why the ratings will never go up, all the storylines take forever to end.

#4   2006/11/12 08:21AM
    nyaccent

I couldn't agree with you more Nicole....

#5   2006/11/12 06:15PM
    spikky!

~) u sound very disturbed bearrie, it's just a show...part of y we watch it is cause it's freaking long and cause it drags its story lines!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/12 06:16PM
    #6   2006/11/12 08:28PM
    bearrie

spikky,

Sorry to burst your bubble but what I wrote was not mine. I bought me a soap magazine this weekend, and reading the article out of there. As far as it just being a show goes, I'm going to hazard a guess that you're a guy. Tell me that these observations are intirely false. I DARE YOU. Of the things said, it NEVER happened to ANY of the female characters. There is fantasy and then there is insaanity. Passions would fall into the latter catagory. Passions portray women as these helpless women, who are also gluttons for punishment. Theresa Lopez Fitgerald prime example. Her mom, Pilar would be #2. A man, has 5 kids with you, but leaves you for another woman. As if that's not bad enough, you think he's dead, so you mourn him all these years while he's in some new town with his lover, disregarding how much pain and suffering you go through. The men of Passions are SELF FISH and weak.

#7   2006/11/14 07:15PM
    Chrissi

Quote bearrie:Passions portray women as these helpless women, who are also gluttons for punishment. Theresa Lopez Fitgerald prime example. Her mom, Pilar would be #2. A man, has 5 kids with you, but leaves you for another woman. As if that's not bad enough, you think he's dead, so you mourn him all these years while he's in some new town with his lover, disregarding how much pain and suffering you go through. The men of Passions are SELF FISH and weak.

I couldn't agree with you more, Bearrie. When I used to write the daily updates for Passions I had to watch it. I couldn't stand how the female characters were portrayed. Even a head of a company - Theresa, is one of the weakest females on the show. Fancy is weak as well. She only joined the police force in order to 'get her man', Luis. What a disgusting way to portray women, in this century! The list does go on....

JER did it with Days, and he does it on Passions. I know what you're saying, Spikky, but when the ratings are this low on a show, don't you agree that something should happen in order to boost things over there? I feel bad for the actors. He's the reason why most of them have left DOOL.

#8   2006/11/14 07:45PM
    bearrie

I'm feeling so sorry for u Chrissi. It must have been MUDEROUS having to actually WATCH this show. I say LOUD AND PROUD that I have never watch an epi of this show. It's just WAY TOO OUT THERE for me. The phrase, ONE FLEW OVER THE CUKOO'S NEST comes to my mind when I even THINK of Passions. Instead of calling it Passions, it should be renamed (2 possibilities) 1- how to make TLF into an even bigger fool than already is. and 2- How to portray women as helpless imbeciles: lessons from way back when.

#9   2006/11/14 07:59PM
    nyaccent

When the show first started it was actually good....it was a different kind of soap..loved the magic.....but things have not moved along. Same story as it was years ago....less magic and less intrigue though..

#10   2006/11/15 06:40AM
    Chrissi

Quote bearrie: I'm feeling so sorry for u Chrissi. It must have been MUDEROUS having to actually WATCH this show.

Hehe

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list