One Life To Live - NEWS ROOM

In our 'One Life To Live' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Emmy Nod: Todd's Execution!

Friday, April 13 2007

ABC live screen shots (ABC)
    While you may have heard that
    One Life to Live has been nominated for this year's Emmy Award for Daytime Drama Series, did you know why or for what particular storyline? Well, I'm about to tell you…

Although OLTL actor Trevor St. John (Todd Manning) wasn't recognized individually this year - as I personally think he should have been - the storyline surrounding "Todd's Execution" is what landed the show its Emmy nomination! Soaps.com wants to congratulate Trevor and everyone who made that storyline one of the most memorable moments for OLTL in 2007!

Now let us travel back in time to that breathtaking, nerve-racking, heart wrenching moment when Todd was about to meet his maker at the hands of the evil Spencer Truman - just to have Spencer turn around and save him from eternal hell…

ABC live screen shots (ABC)
    As he's strapped to the table, the last dose of the lethal liquid in his veins - Blair screaming in terror, "No." - Todd has officially been put to death! During that same moment in time, proof comes in that he's innocent and Spencer Truman - the man responsible for Todd's demise - is forced to bring him back to life!

In other storyline recognition news, the storyline surrounding John McBain's (Michael Easton) mistaken death and "Funeral" landed OLTL director
    Jill Mitwell the Director's Guild Award.

No matter whether or not a star was nominated for this year's Emmy Awards, Soaps.com is proud of the entire One Life to Live cast for all they bring to the fans on a daily basis!

Posted by 1life2livefan at Friday, April 13 2007 08:10 AM

i do believe that Trevor st John should of been recognized for the work he did in the exacution storyline, and also Micheal Easton for the whole death and funeral story. those were both intense story and i think that the two men were overlooked!

Posted by Amanda13 at Friday, April 13 2007 04:37 PM

I'm sorry, but I have to completely agree that Trevor St. John most certainly deserved individual recgnition for the absolutely amazing job he did in this particular storyline. he was incredible! You could feel Todd's pain, sorrow, and terror! He truly looked like a wrongfully convicted man who was facing an unjust death! He was so brilliant, he sent tremors down your spine! I know I cried my eyes out. He has taken the character of Todd Manning and made it his own. He's a fantastic actor, and I feel that he definitely deserves the emmy award this year. It upsets me greatly that he wasn't even nominated. It disgusts me. Even if you hate Todd Manning, which I definitely do not, you have to admit that he plays the character very, very well.

Posted by LuvOLTL at Sunday, April 15 2007 04:24 PM

I love it when Todd and Blaire become partners in crime. They are compatible in that respect. LuvOLTL

Posted by LucyM at Tuesday, April 17 2007 04:47 AM

Finally, someone heard me. I was wondering why Trevor St. John wasn't recognized for his role in Todd's execution. He was marvelous. I loved every minute of it.

Posted by Marcellajaya at Friday, April 27 2007 11:50 PM

I cannot believe TSJ has not been nominated, since he's a great actor with a dynamite storyline "The Execution" he really did an excellent job, but... he always has since he became a major character, I loved Roger Howarth in that role when he had it, now I cannot see any other but TSJ in that role, it was truly a role that was tailored made for him. Marcella

Posted by LucyM at Wednesday, May 02 2007 07:00 AM

I loved this storyline and also felt cheated that Mr. St. John was not recognized for such a great performance. Look he had everyone in my house in tears, including my oldest daughter who is not easily moved by many things. Yes Trevor you go boy. Hope you get recognized for your hard work. Again Great Performance. That storyline was the best. I haven't seen anything come close to it.

ABC you guys have a talented individual. Trevor St. John gave Todd a whole new meaning to an old character. It would be hard to fill these shoes. He has taken this character to a whole new level.

Thank you Mr. St. John for being the actor you are. Hope to keep seeing you on this soap.