One Life To Live - NEWS ROOM

In our 'One Life To Live' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Clearing Up An ABC Rumor!

Friday, January 26 2007

ABC Daytime is here to stay! (ABC)
    With the recent cancellation of NBC's daytime drama Passions, there have been numerous rumors circulating the net that fellow competitor ABC will follow in their footsteps by canceling either All My Children or One Life to Live to compensate for a third hour of Good Morning America. Well, I'm here to tell you that it is just that´┐Ż A big rumor!

A representative from ABC has released a statement saying, "It is absolutely not true. If ABC had an announcement to make, they would have made it. We're in a good position with our daytime dramas and moving forward full steam ahead."

So fans, you can rest easy now knowing that your favorite ABC daytime dramas are not in jeopardy of becoming another major loss to daytime television!

Posted by Showgirl at Friday, January 26 2007 10:56 AM

oh thank the lord. I swear I would die if the canceled OLTL although AMC is not a huge deal for me cause I don't watch it.

Posted by Beth03459 at Friday, January 26 2007 02:24 PM

Thank God All my children and on life to live is going to stay

Posted by Paulasummer at Saturday, January 27 2007 12:02 AM

Thank goodness...I dont watch any other day time soaps except for one life to live...I know it may not be as big as some but I love the show and watch it faithfully..and if Im not home I tape it...

Posted by Suze at Monday, January 29 2007 02:24 PM

I have watched AMC,OLTL,and GH since I was little. Somedays it's so trying to watch all 3 shows I thank god we now have DVR.
    Of the 3 shows it's AMC hands down, BUT it's getting long on the murders. I think 6 weeks should be the limit of crazy story lines.
    Also I was ready comments on Little Adam, I wondered why they haven't replaced him by now too, he's just so unhappy.

Posted by tye2814 at Monday, January 29 2007 06:47 PM

Yeah, I am so glad they will be with us for a long while. I will set 2 hours aside just to watch AMC and OLTL. So does that mean we might get some of Passion actors and actress? Just wandering?

Posted by Amy_Soaps.com at Tuesday, January 30 2007 03:09 AM

I wouldn't object to any of the Passions actors. They are all a great group and will be missed! Like always, when I receive any casting news, it'll be posted in the Comings & Goings section, which is updated daily

Amy