One Life To Live - NEWS ROOM

In our 'One Life To Live' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Michael Easton To Leave One Life To Live?

Friday, September 08 2006

Michael Easton (ABC)
    Well, fans, I can't tell you how saddened I am to bring you this news...

One Life to Live head writer, Dena Higley has confirmed that one of Llanview's major players will be killed in a fatal car accident. Although it hasn't been confirmed that it will indeed be Lt. John McBain, sources and fellow castmates informed viewers that John will be involved in a fatal car accident, leaving the people closest to him in a deep mourning.

As we know, Michael Easton did sign an extension to his contract that expired in August, but it has remained unclear for how long that extension was for.

Look for the shocking events to start unraveling on September 22nd.

Being a huge fan of Michael Easton, I want to wish him the very best in his acting and writing career and let him know he will be missed immensely if he does indeed leave. Who knows, with any luck, John will come back from the dead! One can only hope...

Posted by cafedack53 at Friday, September 08 2006 09:37 AM

Its sad that John McBain may be killed I personnally feel the role should be recast if he wants to leave the show not killed off or at least leave it open for a return to the show.

Posted by Amy_Soaps.com at Friday, September 08 2006 09:48 AM

The details of his leaving have not been disclosed. I, personally, couldn't imagine anyone else playing the part

Thanks for posting!
    Amy
    Moderator

Posted by Granny Pris at Friday, September 08 2006 11:10 AM

I personally am not familiar with the role of John McBain before 6 months ago when I started watching the ABC soaps. I am very sorry to learn that he will be leaving as I really enjoy his dry sense of humor and those "sexy" eyes. Never did like his "oily" hair, but figured it was part of the persona. Please do NOT re-cast this role. No one can fill his shoes, only start out with a new pair...MAYBE the new cast person"MIKEY" can take a turn as a detective, expecially since he stated he had past experience in it when he was helping Natalie study for her exam. Give him a try...............

Posted by alis at Friday, September 08 2006 11:28 AM

No!!!!!! He can't leave I love his character, they seem to be getting rid of all the good looking guys. NO FARE

Posted by Amy_Soaps.com at Friday, September 08 2006 01:33 PM

I know, I feel your pain, everyone... Michael Easton is my favorite actor

Thanks for posting!
    Amy
    Moderator

Posted by Tinkerl3ell at Friday, September 08 2006 03:54 PM

JHON DONT LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by babygirldelynn at Friday, September 08 2006 04:02 PM

i don't want michael easton to leave one life to live.I want them find out about spencer.

Posted by bikersis at Friday, September 08 2006 04:42 PM

:( I don't want him to leave either. I blame the writers for not giving him a worthwile story line! He is one of the main reasons I watch OLTL!

Posted by thomas at Friday, September 08 2006 04:53 PM

hi i like john he plays a good part and i hope he stays on for some time renew your contract ,, if u need some time off take it but dont leave the show ,,your funny sometimes and give the show class ,,, i hope you stay on ,,

Posted by Sophia Rose at Friday, September 08 2006 06:17 PM

It truly saddens me that Michael Easton will be leaving. I'm glad that I'm back teaching, so I won't be able to see the disasterous turn this show is taking. Maybe OLTL will have it's act together after the school year.

Michael, I wish you the best in what ever you choose to do.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 » »| page: