List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: Did Todd rape Marty again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Did Todd rape Marty again?

Started by allmysoaps1 at 2008/12/17 11:46AM
    Latest post: 2008/12/17 10:13PM, Views: 559, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2008/12/17 11:46AM
    Did Todd rape Marty again?
    allmysoaps1

Was Todd wrong for not telling Marty who she was are what he had did to her in the past? Of Course he was! Common decency would have dictated that he should have turned her over to the authorities when he found her at Ramsey’s condo. Todd had a moral obligation to inform her son and friends that she was alive. Did he scheme to steal his daughter’s baby? Yes! Did he fail to tell his sister that her daughter was mentally ill and was possibly holding the other daughter hostage? Yes! Todd’s actions and justification for what he did is despicable.

Did Todd rape Marty? No! Did he hold her against her will? No again! Todd lied to Marty, withheld the truth of who he was to her in the past . He led Marty to believe that he was a certain kind of man. Not the man whom he was but the man he so desperately wanted to be. He allowed her to believe a lie and in believing that lie she trusted him. She even fell in love with him. It was out of those feelings of love that Marty willing went to bed with Todd. Had she known who he really was would she have still went to bed with him? No of course not! How many women have put that trust in a man only to find out that their trust was misplaced? Now, I am not blaming Marty for what happen to her. Because of her medical condition she was clearly taken advantage of. Please humor me and think about this for a moment. How many women have slept with a man that they were attracted to only to find out the next day, week, or month later that he was not who he said he was? How may men have pretended to be somebody that there not just to attract a women or sleep with her? Is this morally wrong of course! As a women I find these actions humiliating and degrading, but is it a crime? No!

Todd did rape Marty in the past but is he guilty of raping her this time? No! Rape is a criminal offense defined in most states as forcible sexual relations with a person against that person's will. Lack of consent is a necessary element in order to prove rape. Marty did not physically resist or object verbally, nor was she physically or mentally helpless at the time the act took place. I know Nora the D.A. would like to argue that Marty’s amnesia rendered her helpless but Amnesia does not make a person mentally incapable of forming a logical decision. I do not mean to demean my on sex but with that said often we as women give our trust and hearts away without reservation. This can be attributed to our nurturing side. As a woman I count this as a perfection not a flaw. It’s what makes us more compassionate than men, but If I am to be politically correct love has been known to render a man or a woman helpless and incapable of logical thinking. Which is the case here. What happen with Marty and Todd was consensual. It was the act of two competent consenting adults.

Marty fell in love with a man who lied to her and withheld his past from her. She willingly went with him and lived in his home without duress. As far as she knew she had know one else to turn to. Later they even became a couple and were planning a life together. I am not condoning what Todd did, in fact I think he acted dishonorable but however morally wrong Todd was he did not commit a crime. If we were all arrested for something we did morally wrong, like say adultery. The jails and prisons would be overrun more than what they are now. If the court is interested in upholding our laws it must find Todd not guilty of the charge of rape. Not guilty in the charge of unlawful restraint! Not guilty in the charge of kidnaping!

#2   2008/12/17 12:41PM
    Re: Did Todd rape Marty again?
    shepmajor

Quote allmysoaps1:

Did Todd rape Marty? No! Did he hold her against her will? No again! Todd lied to Marty, withheld the truth of who he was to her in the past .

Forcible PHYSICAL rape? No, he did not physically force himself on her; however, when it comes to rape - sexual assault, there are other ways by which to coerce or force someone to have sex with them aside from physically holding them down and violating them. As to whether or not he held her against her will? Again, not by physcial means. But the bonds he used to hold her there were as strong and powerful as any physical bonds might be. He made her fear for her life - flat out told her that John McBain wanted to kill her. He told her that she had nothing and no one in the world, so... where would she have gone, even if she had called him on his bluff? He made sure she felt like she had no where to go.

Had she known who he really was would she have still went to bed with him? No of course not!

And therein lies the whole concept of informed concept. It isn't merely that he was your run of the mill skeeze who was stepping out on his wife or lying to her about what he did for a living or how much money he made, etc. He was one of the men who RAPED her. That takes things to a whole new level. Marty, as a result of her amnesia and Todd's manipulations was mentally incapable of giving LEGAL consent. As you pointed out - no woman (in their right mind) especially Marty, would have ever consented to or want to willingly have sex with a man who had raped her.

How many women have put that trust in a man only to find out that their trust was misplaced? Now, I am not blaming Marty for what happen to her. Because of her medical condition she was clearly taken advantage of.

Which is my point exactly.

Please humor me and think about this for a moment. How many women have slept with a man that they were attracted to only to find out the next day, week, or month later that he was not who he said he was? How many men have pretended to be somebody that there not just to attract a women or sleep with her? Is this morally wrong of course! As a women I find these actions humiliating and degrading, but is it a crime? No!

Again, those women aren't rape victims of the man in question, nor do they have a medical condition that would render them legally incapable of giving consent.

Todd did rape Marty in the past but is he guilty of raping her this time? No! Rape is a criminal offense defined in most states as forcible sexual relations with a person against that person's will. Lack of consent is a necessary element in order to prove rape.

I repeat, there is more to rape and sexual assault than mere forcible penetration.

#3   2008/12/17 12:47PM
    balsco luver.

No offense, and not trying to cause any dispute, but there are plenty of disscusions open about this already. I am sure that Amy will tell you the same.

#4   2008/12/17 04:46PM
    Mr Pop

Quote balsco luver.: No offense, and not trying to cause any dispute, but there are plenty of disscusions open about this already. I am sure that Amy will tell you the same.

LOL! You guys are so mean. All she did was ask a question.

#5   2008/12/17 05:07PM
    SamuraiJediS...

Quote allmysoaps1: Was Todd wrong for not telling Marty who she was are what he had did to her in the past? Of Course he was! Common decency would have dictated that he should have turned her over to the authorities when he found her at Ramsey’s condo. Todd had a moral obligation to inform her son and friends that she was alive. Did he scheme to steal his daughter’s baby? Yes! Did he fail to tell his sister that her daughter was mentally ill and was possibly holding the other daughter hostage? Yes! Todd’s actions and justification for what he did is despicable.

Did Todd rape Marty? No! Did he hold her against her will? No again! Todd lied to Marty, withheld the truth of who he was to her in the past . He led Marty to believe that he was a certain kind of man. Not the man whom he was but the man he so desperately wanted to be. He allowed her to believe a lie and in believing that lie she trusted him. She even fell in love with him. It was out of those feelings of love that Marty willing went to bed with Todd. Had she known who he really was would she have still went to bed with him? No of course not! How many women have put that trust in a man only to find out that their trust was misplaced? Now, I am not blaming Marty for what happen to her. Because of her medical condition she was clearly taken advantage of. Please humor me and think about this for a moment. How many women have slept with a man that they were attracted to only to find out the next day, week, or month later that he was not who he said he was? How may men have pretended to be somebody that there not just to attract a women or sleep with her? Is this morally wrong of course! As a women I find these actions humiliating and degrading, but is it a crime? No!

Todd did rape Marty in the past but is he guilty of raping her this time? No! Rape is a criminal offense defined in most states as forcible sexual relations with a person against that person's will. Lack of consent is a necessary element in order to prove rape. Marty did not physically resist or object verbally, nor was she physically or mentally helpless at the time the act took place. I know Nora the D.A. would like to argue that Marty’s amnesia rendered her helpless but Amnesia does not make a person mentally incapable of forming a logical decision. I do not mean to demean my on sex but with that said often we as women give our trust and hearts away without reservation. This can be attributed to our nurturing side. As a woman I count this as a perfection not a flaw. It’s what makes us more compassionate than men, but If I am to be politically correct love has been known to render a man or a woman helpless and incapable of logical thinking. Which is the case here. What happen with Marty and Todd was consensual. It was the act of two competent consenting adults.

Marty fell in love with a man who lied to her and withheld his past from her. She willingly went with him and lived in his home without duress. As far as she knew she had know one else to turn to. Later they even became a couple and were planning a life together. I am not condoning what Todd did, in fact I think he acted dishonorable but however morally wrong Todd was he did not commit a crime. If we were all arrested for something we did morally wrong, like say adultery. The jails and prisons would be overrun more than what they are now. If the court is interested in upholding our laws it must find Todd not guilty of the charge of rape. Not guilty in the charge of unlawful restraint! Not guilty in the charge of kidnaping!

Absolutely, unequivically no Todd did not rape Marty again

#6   2008/12/17 05:52PM
    forever young

Let me ask you this question.
    Did Todd have sex with someone who loathed him for participating in gang raping her and would never have consented to having sex with him if she knew who he was or even who she is? She has a mental ill diagnosis of amnesia which renders her incompetent to give consent to anyone to have sex with her.especially her rapist. She didn't force him to have sex with her and he certainly shouldn't have had sex with her. Why didn't your sweet Todd walk away? why did he even go there? She feels that he raped her again because she would never have asked him to have sex with her had she known it was Todd.

#7   2008/12/17 10:13PM
    KC11

Forever,

I hear ya loud and clear but we must remember...

Micheal, Freddy and Chucky all had huge followers too.

I clearly see everyones point. I just choose to disagree with some of you.

It will be up to a jury to decide.

Just like a sporting event, some of us are on Todds team no matter what and clearly many choose to be against Todd.

I am perplexed to have read that someone feels an anesiac (namely Marty) can make sound decisions in this case lol

I believe this is the quote that I'm referring to "Amnesia does not make a person mentally incapable of forming a logical decision. "

Please explain to me how anyone can make logical decisions (namely Marty) with false information???

For example: How did the 7 legged dog drive to the movie theatre?

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list