List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: The Online Network

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Online Network

Started by MrsKnowSoaps at 2013/09/15 09:32PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/16 10:41PM, Views: 447, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2013/09/15 09:32PM
    The Online Network
    MrsKnowSoaps

%( I truly believe that TOLN had the best intentions on revolutionizing Soaps and Online Television, it can be done. However they took a much valued Soap and made it into who knows what it took away from the ABC finally greatly. The fact is the characters that we know and loved have been squashed out for younger actors which alienated the true fans of OLTL, ABC would have gracefully introduced new characters not recast everyone and kept a few old faces to save face. Let's face it TOLN did not know what they were doing and let's hope Oprah can restore the Soap to its glory and not this washed version, if you are a true fan you will agree this was not a good look. TOLN give it up you don't know what your doing listen to the fans you will be better off or live it dead and buried.

#2   2013/09/16 06:58AM
    Re: The Online Network
    oltlforever31

I liked it. I think people expected it to be the same as it was on ABC, and when they saw that it wasn't, they didn't like it. That's fine, everyone has different tastes. I thought it was pretty good, and I even liked some of the changes. Could it have improved? Absolutely. I would love nothing more than to see it back on ABC as it was, but that will never happen. I'll take what I can get. I thought they did a pretty good job, and left me wanting more.

I'm hoping it will return, and also would love to see it back in four day a week format, instead of two.

#3   2013/09/16 10:41PM
    Re: The Online Network
    elijahsgotit

I don't see how OWN could make the show any different considering the network was simply airing PP's episodes, not creating its own. That being said, I think the reboot of our show has been great. Sure it wasn't exactly the same as the original but honestly, to even expect that is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's like how any great classic movie can make a great sequel that has a life of it's own but it's still never gonna be the classic that the original was. It's better to just enjoy both and not compare the two. This way we won't be so disappointed at the inevitable outcome.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list