List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: OLTL VS AMC

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OLTL VS AMC

Started by elijahsgotit at 2013/08/27 02:02AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/30 09:00PM, Views: 408, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/08/27 02:02AM
    OLTL VS AMC
    elijahsgotit

Does anyone know why AMC got several more episodes to it's first season than OLTL did?? Just curious.

#2   2013/08/27 09:57AM
    Re: OLTL VS AMC
    ghfanfare

No idea. Have you been watching AMC? I've tried a few times, when it was still on ABC and then again with TOLN. Just can't seem to get into it.

#3   2013/08/27 11:25AM
    elijahsgotit

Quote ghfanfare: No idea. Have you been watching AMC? I've tried a few times, when it was still on ABC and then again with TOLN. Just can't seem to get into it.

I have been watching it. As a newer viewer (I'd only been watching for a few years when it ended on ABC) a lot of the vets they brought back bore me to tears lol and I still think OLTL is way better..A lot more fast paced and they did way better with recasting certain characters but AMC is much better now than when it debuted.

Were you an AMC viewer that just lost interest or were you never able to get into it from the start?? I think it kind of depends on which characters you like whether or not you enjoy the new show because it's such a smaller cast.

I just don't think it's fair that AMC gets a longer first season than OLTL but maybe they were just able to wrap OLTL up quicker since it's more fast paced with it's story telling.

#4   2013/08/27 03:01PM
    taramartin

I don't know the answer regarding the number of episodes. I have watched AMC since the beginning - OLTL almost as long. AMC is my all time favorite soap - and I watch many. AMC doesn't seem like it brought back as many of their original cast as OLTL - one reason is because they wanted a young crowd I guess so many of the young kids were aged. That has made it a bit harder to get into but I have been glad to have both back - hope they are successful.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/27 03:02PM
    #5   2013/08/28 01:03PM
    maps74

Remember the union dispute caused an early hiatus in filming of OLTL. Hope they go back soon!

#6   2013/08/29 12:24PM
    elijahsgotit

But I thought there was a production halt put on both shows?? If that's the case, it doesn't make sense why one has a longer first season than the other

#7   2013/08/30 04:03AM
    maps74

My understanding was that, since they share the same production space, all the AMC episodes were filmed before they started taping any for OLTL. Originally PP said they would be taping in cycles, AMC for five weeks, then OLTL for five weeks. The early hiatus seemed to only effect the filming of OLTL.

#8   2013/08/30 09:00PM
    elijahsgotit

Quote maps74: My understanding was that, since they share the same production space, all the AMC episodes were filmed before they started taping any for OLTL. Originally PP said they would be taping in cycles, AMC for five weeks, then OLTL for five weeks. The early hiatus seemed to only effect the filming of OLTL.

Ahh I see. Thanks for clearing that up

Could you let me know if you hear any other new info?? Someone posted over on the GH board that they read in soap mags that the shows may not even be coming back at all and I really hope that's not true

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list