List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: Jack and the Teacher...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jack and the Teacher...

Started by ChargerGirl at 2013/08/10 06:27PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/18 06:51AM, Views: 356, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2013/08/10 06:27PM
    Jack and the Teacher...
    ChargerGirl

Is anyone else as angry/annoyed/pissed off, etc. as me about the Jack and the English teacher? Jack is in every respect a minor. He mentioned his age to be 17. And the teacher not only hits on him she takes him back to her room and they do the deed. I don't recall that they showed or talked about contraception but they definately had sex. Two adults find out about it: David and Dorian and they do nothing? I think unless the storyline is not yet finished and Jack gets Herpes or Aids over this that PP has done a huge diservice. What was committed in that room was child abuse. OK, I will get off my soap box now.

#2   2013/08/11 01:38AM
    Re: Jack and the Teacher...
    elijahsgotit

Honestly, it doesn't really bother me. Don't get me wrong because I don't condone the relationship and the whole thing is pretty creepy but I think the SL has potential for teaching a valuable lesson, if done right. My sister had a relationship with one of her teachers in high school and it ended very ugly yet still to this day she doesn't see why it was wrong. I think this storyline with Jack can make a great example of the kind of corruption that happens all the time in the real world. I'd really love to see Blair get involved soon.

Also, when did David find out it was his teacher?? Because from what I recall, Jack only gave him the vague story but no details. Even when David drove Jack to go see her, David just waited in the car and gave no indication that he knew who the girl was. I'm sure I could have missed something but I just can't remember.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/11 01:41AM
    #3   2013/08/11 09:17AM
    ChargerGirl

Quote elijahsgotit: Honestly, it doesn't really bother me. Don't get me wrong because I don't condone the relationship and the whole thing is pretty creepy but I think the SL has potential for teaching a valuable lesson, if done right. My sister had a relationship with one of her teachers in high school and it ended very ugly yet still to this day she doesn't see why it was wrong. I think this storyline with Jack can make a great example of the kind of corruption that happens all the time in the real world. I'd really love to see Blair get involved soon.

Also, when did David find out it was his teacher?? Because from what I recall, Jack only gave him the vague story but no details. Even when David drove Jack to go see her, David just waited in the car and gave no indication that he knew who the girl was. I'm sure I could have missed something but I just can't remember.

Now that I think about it you're probably right about David. I think only Dorian knows for sure because she figured it out. Maybe if they chose a younger boy it would be different because Jack is nearly legal. With all the teachers going to jail for screwing their students and some even having babies, I thought it was a current topic to choose for a story line but unless they're not done with it and that could be what is happening, they haven't done anything with it. Maybe I jumped the gun because I know Blair will go after that teacher with both guns blaring if they write the story like they have made Blair to be. Thanks for answering and sharing your thoughts.

#4   2013/08/11 01:09PM
    elijahsgotit

I really hope the story isn't done because if so, you'd be right, that was a total waste. There's no point in even bringing it to light if there's not going to be any payoff in the end. I'd love to see how Blair and Todd handle this and maybe even some fallout between Blair and Dorian in regards to the fact that she knew and didn't say anything. Could make for some great drama.

#5   2013/08/13 07:23PM
    oltlforever31

First, I totally agree that this is disgusting.

I know in my state, NY the age of consent is 17, not 18. So I guess it wouldn't technically be considered child abuse. (not sure what PA law is) However, teachers are not allowed to do this with students regardless of age, so it is still morally wrong, and violates her position.

I agree with both of you, and hope they do this story justice, as it has been a huge problem across the country in recent years.

#6   2013/08/18 06:51AM
    vickidink

The teacher probably has one of those tattoos and perhaps is assigned to Jack - he is on the "list" isn't he?

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list