List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: Viki/Clint

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Viki/Clint

Started by elijahsgotit at 2013/07/29 10:34PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/30 02:54PM, Views: 374, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2013/07/29 10:34PM
    Viki/Clint
    elijahsgotit

Okay so I have been a huge fan of both Clint and Viki over the years and usually can see why people get so mad at Clint but this time, I'm just at a loss.

I get the John/Nat thing but the thing with Viki's money, am I the only one that doesn't think it was that bad??

Don't get me wrong because I fault Clint for a lot over the years, especially his "black and blue" thug days and what he did to Nora so I'd be the first to say that he's deserved his fair share of heat for the things he's done but this just seems so mild in comparison to his long listed rap sheet of the past and I don't really get what Viki's so up in arms about?? It's actually kind of sweet that he would go through such lengths just to spare Viki's feelings.

I get her being upset that he manipulated the situation and I even understand them having a blowup fight about it but to call off their engagement and end their entire relationship over it?? It just seems like such overkill to me and I really feel bad for Clint this time because this time, he wasn't doing it out of hate or revenge, he was doing it out of love

Thoughts??

#2   2013/07/30 11:16AM
    Re: Viki/Clint
    oltlforever31

I feel the way you do about Clint and the money issue. I think Clint, like most men feel it's their job to fix things when it comes to their families. Men and Women are just wired different, and it doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, right or left, it's just the way it is. Women deal with things emotionally, and men are more about taking action. When a woman tells her man something is wrong, his first instinct is to "fix" it. This was his way of fixing it. Does that make it right? Maybe, maybe not. I think his biggest mistake was not admitting the truth to Viki when she asked him point blank. He should of just confessed and I think that would have somehow lessened the impact. I really think Viki is a little too proud, and needs to let go of some of that pride, in order to sustain a healthy relationship with a man. I think Clint pretty much said as much. I don't think ending their relationship was necessary, but Viki feels she can't trust him, so I guess she did what she felt she had to do, and I really didn't blame Clint for walking out on her. She had a right to be angry, but I think he has just as much right to be angry with her right back. I predict that she will change her mind eventually.

#3   2013/07/30 02:54PM
    Re: Viki/Clint
    elijahsgotit

I completely agree with you. I think Viki had every right to be upset with Clint for lying because like you said, he should have just been straight with her but to make it a deal breaker in their relationship just seems so extreme to me. I can also see Clint's frustration about always being judged because Viki does do that. One of the things I've always loved about Viki is her strong, moral fiber - she truly is in a class all of her own but the problem is that makes her a little prone to judgement of those like Clint, who have a harder time living by that code. Don't get me wrong because there have been things that Clint deserved to be judged for but I just don't believe that this is one of them. I can even see Viki needing time to work things out but to just call it quits all together seems unfair to me.

I really hope she comes to her senses because Clint's drunken "I love you, you're my Viki" speech at her front door really broke my heart.

In a way it's good because we all know happy soap couples get boring after a while so it's good that they have some drama. I just hope they don't completely shut the door on their relationship over something so silly.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list