List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: OLTL now...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OLTL now...

Started by ghfanfare at 2013/06/23 08:25PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/27 11:39AM, Views: 2364, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2013/08/24 10:25PM
    Re: OLTL now...
    elijahsgotit

Quote alora69: I've been watching OLTL since I can remember with my mom. Yesterday I was so excited because OWN has some episodes airing and so I watched OLTL. I am VERY disappointed!!! OLTL seems so cheesy now! I hate the new actors/actresses they have now, they can’t act. The person who plays Natalie seems worse at acting. Even Tia seemed off now! Only seeing Todd, Blair, Nora and Bo made it seem like the old OLTL. Goodness, I wish they would get on with a better company that can make the “magic” that the old OLTL had. Too bad GH couldn’t make a deal to keep Todd, Starr, and John on it, I hate their new roles but it’s great to see them on a show that isn’t cheesy!!! I hate to admit it, but it seems like OLTL isn’t on the top of my list anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the new show. Personally, I still love it as much as I ever did. Though, the ones you said you aren't enjoying are my favorites so that might have something to do with it lol

#22   2013/08/27 09:52AM
    ghfanfare

Quote elijahsgotit:
    ghfanfare: Good cliffhanger for the season ending! Natalie screeching at Allison made me laugh, though. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be funny?!

What is up with Nickie and Cutter?! Didn't know those two were hitting the sheets. Was that brought up before?

That made me laugh too and I'm a big Natalie fan but that reaction was just so over the top. For a minute there, I actually thought it was some strange fantasy/dream sequence because of just how theatrical it was LOL

It's been brought up a few times since the reboot started but it's always been clear that it was just sex to Cutter. Ever since he started to show interest in Natalie though, Nikki's been dropping subtle hints that she was gonna tell her. I didn't know that it was still going on once Cutter and Natalie got serious though.

Somehow I completely missed the whole Nikki/Cutter thing!

#23   2013/08/27 09:55AM
    ghfanfare

Quote alora69: I've been watching OLTL since I can remember with my mom. Yesterday I was so excited because OWN has some episodes airing and so I watched OLTL. I am VERY disappointed!!! OLTL seems so cheesy now! I hate the new actors/actresses they have now, they can’t act. The person who plays Natalie seems worse at acting. Even Tia seemed off now! Only seeing Todd, Blair, Nora and Bo made it seem like the old OLTL. Goodness, I wish they would get on with a better company that can make the “magic” that the old OLTL had. Too bad GH couldn’t make a deal to keep Todd, Starr, and John on it, I hate their new roles but it’s great to see them on a show that isn’t cheesy!!! I hate to admit it, but it seems like OLTL isn’t on the top of my list anymore.

If you just started watching, don't give up yet! The first few episodes weren't so great, but then it picks up speed and by the end feels very much like our classic OLTL. Even the new actors settle in and are giving some really good performances. Hang in there!

#24   2013/08/27 11:39AM
    elijahsgotit

Quote ghfanfare:

If you just started watching, don't give up yet! The first few episodes weren't so great, but then it picks up speed and by the end feels very much like our classic OLTL. Even the new actors settle in and are giving some really good performances. Hang in there!

I agree. When a show has to completely rebuild it's entire structure the way OLTL had to, it takes time for it to get back to the show it once was so you can't really judge by the first few eps. Also, when it first debuted, I hated the recasts and thought they were terrible but now looking back, I think it was just the awkwardness of trying to fit into the roles because now I think they're great actors.

I think some people had too high of expectations when the show first came back and we have to be realistic and give them time to get back to their former glory and I think they have. They used the first season to settle in and now with the second season, I think the show can really take off.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list