List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: OLTL now...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OLTL now...

Started by ghfanfare at 2013/06/23 08:25PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/27 11:39AM, Views: 2362, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/16 12:13PM
    Re: OLTL now...
    flanndreams

Just started watching this reboot (or whatever you wish to call it) on OWN and while the opening sequence is just silly...well, so far it's my only complaint about it. The acting and dialogue is about as good as when it was previously on TV, as opposed to the other soap that just relaunched on OWN.

#12   2013/07/17 12:54PM
    ghfanfare

Bo and Nora's Woodstock tribute was cute. The night owl, lol. Didn't know Nora had hippie parents.

Is Nora supposed to be younger than HS? She said she was a child at Woodstock. But if Nora's the same age as HS, then she would have been 13 in 1969. Young, but not really a child. But maybe I'm splitting hairs here.

#13   2013/07/17 11:58PM
    elijahsgotit

I thought they had discussed that as her cover story for explaining why she was at woodstock without giving away her true identity..Though, I could have misinterpreted that

#14   2013/08/04 11:53AM
    ghfanfare

Cutter is a cutie pie but I'm not sure why Natalie is trusting him. He says he's a changed man but does a leopard change its spots?! I think not.

Love the Blair/Todd stuff. Cute and sexy.

Dorian and Viki are so classic with their squabbles. This is what I loved about OLTL. All the classic soap stuff.

I think the new writers have obviously done their homework and are doing a good job.

#15   2013/08/19 12:57PM
    sam1201

I was so happy when I heard AMC & OLTL were going to be on TV again. I had been a loyal fan for 30+ years. I didn't watch them on the computer. Glad many of the vets came back.
    Stories are good & I was happy that Roger was on there also. I like him as Todd not so much as Franco on GH.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/19 12:59PM
    #16   2013/08/20 12:13PM
    ghfanfare

Good cliffhanger for the season ending! Natalie screeching at Allison made me laugh, though. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be funny?!

What is up with Nickie and Cutter?! Didn't know those two were hitting the sheets. Was that brought up before?

And Jeffrey is now a bad guy! That was a surprise.

Enjoying OLTL a lot.

#17   2013/08/22 05:01PM
    taramartin

Okay, I don't want to slam the actress but Nickie doesn't seem like she belongs on OLTL. Did I hear she is from a realty show? Not enjoying her or her character. Didn't like that "singer" they had for a while - hopefully she is gone now. I am ready for Season 2. I love our characters from the ABC series and Matthew and Destiny are good choices now that they have advanced their ages.

#18   2013/08/22 09:05PM
    ghfanfare

Quote taramartin: Okay, I don't want to slam the actress but Nickie doesn't seem like she belongs on OLTL. Did I hear she is from a realty show? Not enjoying her or her character. Didn't like that "singer" they had for a while - hopefully she is gone now. I am ready for Season 2. I love our characters from the ABC series and Matthew and Destiny are good choices now that they have advanced their ages.

The girl playing Nickie was on Jersey Shore...JWoww. It's a little different but it's okay. Never watched Jersey Shore.

I am looking forward to season two also. I heard it may start up again in October. I'm still a bit amazed that they even got OLTL up and running at all. And it's good!

#19   2013/08/23 03:30AM
    elijahsgotit

ghfanfare: Good cliffhanger for the season ending! Natalie screeching at Allison made me laugh, though. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be funny?!

What is up with Nickie and Cutter?! Didn't know those two were hitting the sheets. Was that brought up before?

That made me laugh too and I'm a big Natalie fan but that reaction was just so over the top. For a minute there, I actually thought it was some strange fantasy/dream sequence because of just how theatrical it was LOL

It's been brought up a few times since the reboot started but it's always been clear that it was just sex to Cutter. Ever since he started to show interest in Natalie though, Nikki's been dropping subtle hints that she was gonna tell her. I didn't know that it was still going on once Cutter and Natalie got serious though.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/23 03:36AM
    #20   2013/08/23 09:54AM
    alora69

>( I've been watching OLTL since I can remember with my mom. Yesterday I was so excited because OWN has some episodes airing and so I watched OLTL. I am VERY disappointed!!! OLTL seems so cheesy now! I hate the new actors/actresses they have now, they can’t act. The person who plays Natalie seems worse at acting. Even Tia seemed off now! Only seeing Todd, Blair, Nora and Bo made it seem like the old OLTL. Goodness, I wish they would get on with a better company that can make the “magic” that the old OLTL had. Too bad GH couldn’t make a deal to keep Todd, Starr, and John on it, I hate their new roles but it’s great to see them on a show that isn’t cheesy!!! I hate to admit it, but it seems like OLTL isn’t on the top of my list anymore.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list