List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: No more swearing!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

No more swearing!

Started by oltlforever31 at 2013/06/22 05:59AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/25 08:54AM, Views: 341, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2013/06/22 05:59AM
    No more swearing!
    oltlforever31

I guess we've already heard the last of the S word, etc. I didn't mind it, but clearly a lot of people did. I don't care that they dropped it either. If it will get more people tuning in, I'm all for whatever they want to do.

So in honor, here is a video I saw last night, that made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfuYz3X5Ntg&feature=youtu.be

#2   2013/06/22 08:55PM
    Re: No more swearing!
    ashuri-chan

I have not seen one episode yet but I did hear about it on Facebook and people liked that they took the cursing out. Some people said that others were being overly sensitive because the cursing made the show real and I was like WTF?

People come back from the dead, this show picks up six months after it ended on TV with Tea apparently dealing with what happened to her in PC even though she found out she was pregnant towards the end of the TV show, gave birth and went through the baby switch and what not in six months and you think cursing made the show real?

What the freak!!!?

#3   2013/06/23 11:48AM
    taramartin

The writers were forcing the word sh*t into the script ev ery chance they got - with every character they could. It cheapened the actors and added nothing. I know we've all been exposed to crude language before but usually it is a slip in a stressful situation or it is coming from a trashy source.

#4   2013/06/23 08:21PM
    ghfanfare

I don't miss the swearing.

#5   2013/06/25 08:54AM
    tinasfathero...

They dropped the s-bomb so frequently that it really lost any value to dialogue.

I get it that adults swear but it was definitely over the top nonstop.

I remember one scene between Bo and Nat at the police station where every other word in their conversation was sh!t. Annoying.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list