List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: One Life To Live Weekly Blog.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

One Life To Live Weekly Blog.

Started by Amy Mistretta at 2013/06/07 08:25AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/07 08:25AM, Views: 552, Replies: 0
    page:
    #1   2013/06/07 08:25AM
    One Life To Live Weekly Blog.
    Amy Mistretta

Welcome to Amy's "One Life in a Week" for June 4 and 6:

This week was all about stepping up to the plate. Todd went all diva and polished his nails green in order to spend quality time with Dani, Matthew bought stock in paper towels after realizing toddlers need lids on their cups to avoid a wet crotch, and Tea continued to ask for help, which isn't something she's accustomed to doing. Let's break it all down…

Caution: Add lid to prevent spilling:
    Boy, it would be nice if we could put a lid on everything in our life to prevent overflowing messes. It was good to see Matthew trying to incorporate himself into Drew's life. 'A' for trying, a big 'F' for not realizing toddlers need lids on their cups. Baby steps… Destiny was a bit harsh on Matthew, who was punished for the mistake with a wet crotch, but her frustration and stress with the situation is understandable and real. Therefore, she gets a free pass. Snoop's fatherly advice was a perfect interjection to show how one's ignorance of a situation could very well lead to a lifetime of regrets. Let's hope Matthew puts his big boy pants on and spends more time trying to fill his daddy shoes.

On a side note, Soaps.com fellow writer Hollie Deese expressed an issue she had with Destiny's revealing wardrobe and stated, in reference to Destiny's legs, "While they are incredible, I am trying to wrap my head around wearing skirts that short with a kid that small. Every day. There is no way her whole lady business would not be hanging out all the time with all the bending, picking up, squatting, etc. Geez. Get a pair of skinny jeans already! It must be because I have a 2 year old." Though it never crossed my mind, because my kids are older and I'm no longer having to clean up after them in that capacity, what do you think? Is Destiny dressing too sexy for a young mom? Share your comments below.

More Sam, please:
    It takes more than a cute face to get me interested in kiddie scenes. If Sam, the cutest of them all, continues to throw out these funny one-liners, even if he stole the latest one from Jack, David Vickers will have some pretty big competition on his hands. I, for one, am hooked.

Dorian to Jack, in reference to Rama's picture on his laptop: "Well, excuse me. Who is that?"

Sam to Dorian: "I don't need her name. I'll just call her hotness."

Corporate corruption:
    Between the mysterious note Jeffrey had from the rich man he looked to as a father and all of this Pellegrino mess there must be a connection somewhere. Surely Viki's one and only freelance reporter has the means to come across juicier stories along the way to saving The Banner. If we can't see Jeffrey undercover a racy Llanview sex scandal, or the person behind all of the big drug deals at Shelter, it would be classic to have him gain access to funds to not only save Viki's newspaper but to land himself a more secure job within it.

Shelter shenanigans:
    Dealing drugs isn't my thing, but I'll bet my stash of ibuprofen, which is needed when watching some of the love to hate Daytime storylines go round in circles, that whoever Jamie Franco is working for in the art world is behind the drugs. It could be mob affiliated in the same sense, as we've all seen how 'Godfathers' pride themselves with very expensive paintings and such on the walls of their compounds.

Very meek Vimal turned Mac Daddy:
    It can only mean one thing when writers turn a meek character into a self-confident Mac Daddy, good viewing! With a wanna-be-swinging wife like Rama, Vimal took Cutter's advice and served her a piece of her own sex-kitten pie. She wanted some Vimal-time, he had an extramarital date! In the end, Vimal chose to stay home with his wife but gave Rama something to think about in the process… him being with another woman.

Father and daughter day at the spa:
    Todd is about as corrupt as they come and to see him allow Dani to convince him to have his nails painted green proves that he's something first and foremost: A loving father. Sure, he's done some unspeakable things to try to control his kids, but nobody can take away that Todd has always craved a family and will go to great lengths to prove his love. Cute twist!

Mysterious IMs and notes left in fireplaces:
    Tea and Bo working together works. Both are on opposite sides of the fence moving toward one goal: To find the truth. With the latest mysterious note left at Todd's it looks as though things are about to take a dangerous turn, as the list of names on the note could very well be a hit list.

- Amy Mistretta

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list