List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: lovin destiny

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

lovin destiny

Started by Amy 71 at 2013/05/23 07:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/31 07:57AM, Views: 914, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/05/23 07:38AM
    lovin destiny
    Amy 71

I'm finding Destiny so relatable..single mom, working, caring for her son, all the while srtuggling with wanting to be independent but knowing that she has to rely on Nora and Bo for help. LH is so good in the role. SE was too, but Laura is very believable as an older Destiny. Love this new OLTL!!

#2   2013/05/23 08:56AM
    Re: lovin destiny
    Meeksmonk

The actress is definitely growing on me. I just wish Des could get over Matthew! He is a jerk!

#3   2013/05/23 04:18PM
    elijahsgotit

Ya know, I really couldn't stand NuDestiny at first but I have to admit, lately she's really been growing on me. Loving the Nat/Des friendship and the Bo/Nora/Des/Drew bonding

#4   2013/05/23 05:58PM
    ghfanfare

I like NuDestiny! Cute girl. Good scenes with Bo and Nora. And little Drew, of course.

#5   2013/05/23 07:49PM
    DesTea

Quote Meeksmonk: I just wish Des could get over Matthew! He is a jerk!

YES! Her getting over Matthew is long overdue.
    I know they would most likely have them end up together but they shouldn't let them get together until Destiny isn't thinking about Matthew and he finally admits that he loves her but he has to HARD to get her attention, let alone get her back.
    I wouldn't care if they never ended up together but if they did, that's how it should go in my opinion.

#6   2013/05/24 09:14AM
    coldrain

the new destiny only bothers me because they casted a model in the role and they honestly expect us to believe she was into matthew AND it had nothing to do with him being from a rich family? yeah right.

with the old destiny the interest in matthew was believable

model black girl sleeps with scrawny loser. gets pregnant, and has a hard time accepting help raising the child from his rich family.

and where is her brother/uncle SHAWN? i thought i saw him in some promos for the show returning

#7   2013/05/24 10:26AM
    Meeksmonk

Quote coldrain: the new destiny only bothers me because they casted a model in the role and they honestly expect us to believe she was into matthew AND it had nothing to do with him being from a rich family? yeah right.

model black girl sleeps with scrawny loser. gets pregnant, and has a hard time accepting help raising the child from his rich family.

and where is her brother/uncle SHAWN? i thought i saw him in some promos for the show returning

So because she's a "model black girl" she is interested in Matthew for his family's money? Right. Just because the actress is different doesn't mean that the character's history is. Destiny has never been portrayed as a gold digger and you even mentioned that she doesn't want help from his family - if she were really into Matthew for his family's riches, she'd be accepting all the gifts and money that Nora and Bo had to offer.

#8   2013/05/24 04:45PM
    elijahsgotit

Quote Meeksmonk:
    Quote coldrain: the new destiny only bothers me because they casted a model in the role and they honestly expect us to believe she was into matthew AND it had nothing to do with him being from a rich family? yeah right.

So because she's a "model black girl" she is interested in Matthew for his family's money? Right. Just because the actress is different doesn't mean that the character's history is. Destiny has never been portrayed as a gold digger and you even mentioned that she doesn't want help from his family - if she were really into Matthew for his family's riches, she'd be accepting all the gifts and money that Nora and Bo had to offer.

I completely agree.

First of all, news flash to CR, not everyone falls in love with looks/money..Some actually fall in love with the person. I myself have had instances where I initially did not find someone very attractive but once getting to know them, their personality makes them attractive.

Secondly, Matt is definitely acting like a loser right now but he's a good looking kid so I don't see why it's so hard to believe that Destiny would be into him

#9   2013/05/24 05:56PM
    coldrain

the recasts for both destiny and matthew don't fit the story of how we got to this situation. pretty obvious when dani is drooling over the new matt actor like he's one of the ford brothers, where as she friend zoned the old one.

it would be completely believable with the old actors, now? not so much.

what was wrong with the old actors, anyway? i know the kid who played matthew is the actress who played starr's brother in real life. i don't honestly believe they were too busy to come back but that they don't fit pp's image of "sexy" theyre trying to shove down viewers throats.

could you see the old destiny written as going dancing at a night club and teasing her "hunky" ex baby daddy? the actors that play these characters now would not realistically have been anything like the old matt and d were together. argue it all you like.

and why are they writing her to be bff with natalie, isn't natalie in her mid 30s or something.

speaking of awful writing, natalie fawning over the con artist criminal cutter? if only rex and john were around to see her now..

#10   2013/05/24 06:06PM
    coldrain

someone call her brother joey and tell him his sister is now trying to bang the scum that along with christine car aka "aubrey wentworth" conned him into falling in love with his fake sister to get the family's money

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list