List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: What is really going on- NYTIMES article

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What is really going on- NYTIMES article

Started by iwatched4 at 2013/05/21 09:03AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/25 01:38PM, Views: 950, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2013/05/21 09:03AM
    What is really going on- NYTIMES article
    iwatched4

So the NYTimes wrote an article last week detailing what was really going on, basically PP is committed to producing 220 episodes of each show, they were originally going to do 168 episode each for this year, but with the information they got from Hulu they decided to do 2 episodes a week. With 2 episodes a week they can give the writers a break and they can keep the content up for an extended period of time so all the episodes can reach at least 500,000 views. This is not a problem for AMC if you look at the Itunes chart AMC is still in the top 200 paid for shows, but OLTL is not doing as well. You can also tell OLTL is lagging behind AMC in terms of the viewers on Hulu. Look at most popular this month and you'll see that AMC is watched more than OLTL.

#2   2013/05/22 02:17PM
    Re: What is really going on- NYTIMES article
    MikeLikesSoaps

Quote iwatched4: So the NYTimes wrote an article last week detailing what was really going on, basically PP is committed to producing 220 episodes of each show, they were originally going to do 168 episode each for this year, but with the information they got from Hulu they decided to do 2 episodes a week. With 2 episodes a week they can give the writers a break and they can keep the content up for an extended period of time so all the episodes can reach at least 500,000 views. This is not a problem for AMC if you look at the Itunes chart AMC is still in the top 200 paid for shows, but OLTL is not doing as well. You can also tell OLTL is lagging behind AMC in terms of the viewers on Hulu. Look at most popular this month and you'll see that AMC is watched more than OLTL.

When they were going off the air on ABC, OLTL was definetely the superior show and the one I had to watch every day. Since the relaunch, AMC is the better show. I am having a hard time getting into the new OLTL.

#3   2013/05/22 03:01PM
    jl4ever

OLTL drop the ball big time in revealing that Victor was alive. I've seen more shock at a kindergarten class when a child vomits on another child.

#4   2013/05/23 05:46AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

Quote jl4ever: OLTL drop the ball big time in revealing that Victor was alive. I've seen more shock at a kindergarten class when a child vomits on another child.

NO KIDDING! that was the biggest let down ever!

#5   2013/05/24 03:48PM
    Fairoaks

I never watched AMC when it was on ABC. I have bee watching both shows since 4/29 ...I think AMC is the better show.. I thought the Thursday episode of OLTL was boring.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/24 03:51PM
    #6   2013/05/25 01:38PM
    BringBackStarr

Totally agree about AMC being better *at least right now*....Who would have thought OLTL would have become so unwatchable after the high note they went out on...

Still cant get past BrattMatt.....

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list