List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: Prospect Place needs to left well enough alone!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Prospect Place needs to left well enough alone!!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/05/17 01:11PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/19 04:42PM, Views: 773, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/05/17 01:11PM
    Prospect Place needs to left well enough alone!!
    Yale Steam

They are doing great so far but they are going to keep right on and ruin things. No one wants to get into a show that will only air 2 days a week.

Duplicate topic. - ADMIN

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/20 09:47AM
    #2   2013/05/17 07:52PM
    Re: Prospect Place needs to left well enough alone!!
    oltlforever31

This whole thing sucks, but it is what it is. I think a year ago, we all would have been thrilled with just one episode a week, and many fans said as much. Of course I want more than two episodes, and like many, this move has me a bit concerned for the future of these shows, but I am still going to watch daily, and be supportive of the shows. I really hope those of you who have been liking the new format, will continue to support it as well.

#3   2013/05/18 06:41AM
    tinasfathero...

Quote oltlforever31: This whole thing sucks, but it is what it is. I think a year ago, we all would have been thrilled with just one episode a week, and many fans said as much. Of course I want more than two episodes, and like many, this move has me a bit concerned for the future of these shows, but I am still going to watch daily, and be supportive of the shows. I really hope those of you who have been liking the new format, will continue to support it as well.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Hopefully this is a temporary reduction.

I read a detailed post over on SOC whereby a fan called PP and got a LIVE person to explain this whole change of events.

The PP representative on the phone says it's not a financial issue nor a production issue as shows are still being filmed at the same pace as they've been for a four week schedule.

PP has received a TON of viewer complaints and have taken that into consideration. We may get our four day a week schedule back as the PP rep said this 2 day a week set-up is not set in stone.

When I read this, I exhaled a large PHEW especially about the financial news. The viewership of these two reboots have exceeded their expectations according to the rep.

#4   2013/05/18 06:48AM
    tinasfathero...

Also there are other posts I've read on other boards about PP being concerned about releasing too much product too soon.

It seems PP will be airing these shows on a cable station(s) in the U.S.starting this September. It feels this launch would be more successful if there isn't as much missed backstory for the new viewers it hopes to pick up on cable.

#5   2013/05/18 09:11AM
    tessicapls

Sorry, link was wrong.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/18 09:12AM
    #6   2013/05/19 03:19PM
    crumpet_monster

Quote tinasfatheronlostin: Also there are other posts I've read on other boards about PP being concerned about releasing too much product too soon.

It seems PP will be airing these shows on a cable station(s) in the U.S.starting this September. It feels this launch would be more successful if there isn't as much missed backstory for the new viewers it hopes to pick up on cable.

This is the only explanation for this horrible move that makes any sense to me. I'd heard that a cable station could only start airing the shows in September, but I haven't heard any news that there is a cable deal actually in the works. I'd have to think that many cable channels would benefit from having AMC and OLTL in their lineup. Both these shows have more viewers than most cable channels' highest-rated programs. I could see more people watching both soaps if they go back to TV, too. I think people who like to binge view would still watch on Hulu.

The worst thing that they could have done is cut back on episodes so drastically. The fans want more episodes, not fewer. I think it will prove to be a disaster. If a cable channel aired 2 half-hour episodes every weeknight, and repeated them over the weekends in blocks, they'd catch up soon enough without the need for this ridiculous schedule change.

#7   2013/05/19 04:30PM
    BringBackStarr

My heart breaks to say it----But I do not believe OLTL or AMC will film any new episodes after the initial airings of this latest incarnation....I say thank you to those like ES and RS for stepping up to make it a reality....

RIP OLTL......and AMC.....

I honestly dont know who to blame anymore....PP, Disney, ABC.....

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/19 04:31PM
    #8   2013/05/19 04:42PM
    crumpet_monster

I meant to say before that a cable channel could air two half-hours of each soap every weeknight.
    Weekend blocks would be great, but if it's too much competition for Hulu, they could do without it.

After the catch-up point they could run the previous day's episode of each soap before the new episode.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/19 04:45PM
    page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list