List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: My Thoughts on the New Schedule

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

My Thoughts on the New Schedule

Started by Dangerous Beauty at 2013/05/17 08:23AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 07:07AM, Views: 641, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/05/17 08:23AM
    My Thoughts on the New Schedule
    Dangerous Be...

If they are going to give us a show every other day and want the viewer support I think they should start blending the 2 soaps. It will be easier for the viewers that do not already watch both to accept the change and grow to like the other show. Also it could save on the amount of actors they need to use in both soaps.

I think they should take the Friday re-cap shows and play both soaps that day. It would help keep the flow of the soap format. I do like the recaps shows however, so perhaps do them every other Friday. Half the shows require half the recaps. So the 2 soaps would go from a 10 hour a week to a five hour a week to a 3 hour a week schedule. I think that could be done.

Duplicate topic. - ADMIN

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/20 09:48AM
    #2   2013/05/17 12:33PM
    Re: My Thoughts on the New Schedule
    shelglass

You make some valid points. As a business person I have wondered how PP was going to afford these actors in the long run. Not just talent but wardrobe, production cost, writers, I mean my 8.00 dollars a month for Hulu Plus just is not going to cut it. Having said that 2 shows a week is pretty
    lame. On one hand they can now move the stories along faster but on the other hand how are they going to attract new viewership. Combing the two shows into overlaping stories may make sense in the long run. We shall see how this all pans out.

#3   2013/05/17 01:41PM
    Dangerous Be...

Surely something can be done to keep wardrobe costs down. They could wear the same clothes from time to time. People really do that in real life, lol. Perhaps sell the clothes when the actors are through wearing them. I'm sure they would sell in an online store. Have a sponsor provide clothes. Plenty of clothing designers would love to have the advertisement. I've always looked to the soaps for my own wardrobe ideas.

I've long thought there should be more product placement in the shows. You could base story lines around ads. Build them into the stories. It can be done and well, with the right writers and the soaps have them I do believe. It's the original format for these shows.

Another thought, have an online store that not only sells clothes but perhaps Bo's coffee cup, Nora's briefcase, Natalie's necklace, etc.

These are a few of my thoughts. Maybe it should be another post, haha. In any case there is an undeniable market here.

#4   2013/05/17 06:39PM
    DesTea

There's already plenty of product placement, it's Apple central with Red Bull thrown in. Lol

#5   2013/05/18 05:20AM
    Dangerous Be...

Quote DesTea: There's already plenty of product placement, it's Apple central with Red Bull thrown in. Lol

See? They do it well already. lol.

#6   2013/05/19 04:59PM
    crumpet_monster

Quote Dangerous Beauty:
    Quote DesTea: There's already plenty of product placement, it's Apple central with Red Bull thrown in. Lol

See? They do it well already. lol.

Coca-Cola and Heineken are representing, too. It's not done in a heavy-handed, intrusive way. The Apples are all over the place, but at least their use is relevant.

#7   2013/05/19 06:40PM
    BringBackStarr

I dont know what company owns BullS--T is but I know they get plenty of mentions also....

#8   2013/05/20 07:07AM
    coldrain

I will not watch all my children just because oltl is not on Mondays and Wednesdays anymore.

in fact, all this change will cause is me getting distracted by other things and forgetting to watch oltl at all anymore. so every weekend i`ll probably download the two weekly episodes now. before i was on the site daily except for fridays.

People who don't care about a show aren't going to watch it just because you removed the show they like from the schedule, if that were the cause i wouldve switched to days of our lives when oltl went off the air. which btw is the most unbelievable soap, they honestly expect viewers to believe that hot wealthy guys are going to fight over the pig sami when they could have any woman they wanted with their looks and money

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list