List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP

Started by tessicapls at 2013/05/16 10:40AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 12:24AM, Views: 2153, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/05/17 04:42AM
    Re: New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP
    tessicapls

Quote oltllover: I was just reading some of the comments on hulu/OLTL and it seems everyone is pissed at this developement but it also seems that some people think its because of negative comments. this tells me that PP never had a clue what they were doing negative comments about s/l's or characters is the nature of the beast they arent suppose to cut back on the shows they are suppose to use the fans opinions to improve. I cant speak for AMC because I am not watching that but OLTL should have started off with the victor s/l, fans waited over a year to find out what happened. most of the characters would have been directly involved in it and would have gotten the old time fans hooked they could have waited with the whole shelter club thing. now their promises to the cast and crew are sounding like a bunch of lies. they should have waited at least 6 months to get a better picture. I guess RH, KA and ME are looking like genuises now and PP cant blame ABC for this which makes all of their other claims about ABC look stupid as well.

I think your thoughts are spot on.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/17 04:43AM
    #22   2013/05/17 08:08PM
    Fairoaks

sad to say but I think the shows will be gone by the end of this year.

#23   2013/05/18 06:27AM
    tinasfathero...

At this point all we can really do is take a wait-and-see approach, right?

I've heard all the pros(Pollyanna-ish at best) and cons( naysayers from day one) about the reductions and the poorly done public relations spin that PP gave for the two day a week schedule.

I heard the news on Thursday and like most I too was upset, confused and surprised.

Now on Saturday, two days later, and being more open-minded and having some time to reflect......I don't see viewers getting invested in a half hour soap that airs twice a week.

#24   2013/05/18 11:59PM
    iwatched4

I think everyone should take a step back and see what is going on. The problem is not that people aren't watching the shows, it is that people aren't watching BOTH shows. This is not a big deal now but in 6 months when the curious factor has faded and they look at the viewership it will matter. It will pit one show against another and dome one of them to failure. Because they want to save both they are making sure that people will watch both.

#25   2013/05/19 07:05AM
    Ladyshark

I tried to watch both. Too many recasts, too many bar scenes and loud music. And, as a result of the Prospect Park BS with Roger Hayworth, Michael Easton, and Kristen Aldersen, I have decided not to waste my time. Sounds like its already a flop, moving to two days a week instead of four. Think that will be the final nail in the coffin. Way to go PP! If you looking for viewers, your going in the wrong direction!

#26   2013/05/19 08:03AM
    tessicapls

Quote tinasfatheronlostin: At this point all we can really do is take a wait-and-see approach, right?

I've heard all the pros(Pollyanna-ish at best) and cons( naysayers from day one) about the reductions and the poorly done public relations spin that PP gave for the two day a week schedule.

I heard the news on Thursday and like most I too was upset, confused and surprised.

Now on Saturday, two days later, and being more open-minded and having some time to reflect......I don't see viewers getting invested in a half hour soap that airs twice a week.

I probably sound like a naysayer, but I loved OLTL. I consider myself more a realist. With the news this weekend that OlTL and AMC have been removed from FX Canada, I just think the writing is on wall.

For me, and only me, OLTL has felt forced, and I've had trouble getting into it. I find myself surfing the web, and only listening. I don't love the cursing and sexier sex scenes. I also think the characters are being played differently. I used to love Dani, I can't stand her now. Matthew too. The story lines, again, to me, are too rushed and underdeveloped. I just haven't loved it.

I haven't watched Thursdays show yet. I may not. I'm not sure if this is going to last much longer, and I'm not sure I want to get more invested.

I don't want OLTL to go anywhere, I really don't. But I haven't had the same experience y'all have. I don't love the show. I'm sorry for the naysaying.

#27   2013/05/19 08:06AM
    tessicapls

Quote iwatched4: I think everyone should take a step back and see what is going on. The problem is not that people aren't watching the shows, it is that people aren't watching BOTH shows. This is not a big deal now but in 6 months when the curious factor has faded and they look at the viewership it will matter. It will pit one show against another and dome one of them to failure. Because they want to save both they are making sure that people will watch both.

I've didn't watch AMC before. They need to understand not everyone liked and watched both shows, in fact, a lot of people did not watch both.

#28   2013/05/19 11:12AM
    BringBackStarr

why not just make the shows 15 minutes long and keep the four day a week concept?

#29   2013/05/20 07:47AM
    tessicapls

It's confirmed,FX Canada no longer showing OLTL:

soapcentral.com/soapcentral/news/2013/0519-pp_canada.php

#30   2013/05/20 10:37AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

I am happy to have AMC and OLTL back but I am glad that PP is cutting back to 2 new shows per week. I am one of those viewers that has to "binge" view the epsiodes and it is exhausting. Besides, since they taped/are taping 100 episodes per season, the series will run for 50 weeks now instead of 25. I would rather have the show run for more weeks with fewer weekly episodes than for fewer weeks with a several month hiatus in between seasons.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list