List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP

Started by tessicapls at 2013/05/16 10:40AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 12:24AM, Views: 2113, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/05/16 01:56PM
    Re: New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP
    oltllover

and another thing. it would seem PP doesnt know who its audience is either. if the victo's not dead s/l had any punch to it and an explanation the OLTL boards on here ansd all the other sites out there would have been on fire and would have given them free publicity. I wonder how the actors are reacting I think they were sold a bill of goods and after all the nonsense between ABC/PP and character names etc.

#12   2013/05/16 02:31PM
    DesTea

I kind of feel like, the shows are in the top 10 so why fix what's broke but then again, if ppl are binge watching then maybe they're thinking that if ppl continue to do that, they'll fall behind because there will eventually be too many episodes to binge watch then they will stop watching.
    But I'm even more nervous that the shows may not last now and that's a shame. I really love it, even more than b4.

#13   2013/05/16 02:46PM
    oltllover

Quote DesTea: I kind of feel like, the shows are in the top 10 so why fix what's broke but then again, if ppl are binge watching then maybe they're thinking that if ppl continue to do that, they'll fall behind because there will eventually be too many episodes to binge watch then they will stop watching.
    But I'm even more nervous that the shows may not last now and that's a shame. I really love it, even more than b4.

people binge watch when its on tv too and its not that hard to catch up on 4- 20 minute shows on a saturday or even 2 weeks worth. if anything maybe they should just make them one hour shows twice a week as it is now there is no drama no suspense no reason to have to tune in the next day. I have no idea how they calculate viewership but maybe before they change it they should reach out to the fans I would bet we all know more about putting together a soap then any of them do.

#14   2013/05/16 03:24PM
    BringBackStarr

Look, despite issues I might have with storylines---The show looks TOP KNOTCH...The sets are great...Most of our faves are here..The production doesnt look cheesy at all *except the hideous openings*....Overall this show exceeded my expectations...The recasts are OK---heck, I will even admit Jack has improved....But aside from the Dorian Viki storyline---everything else pales in comparison to the original..You cant have it both ways: true to the old or a teenybopper rave...It just doesnt work---and prospect park doesnt seem to realize that...

#15   2013/05/16 03:57PM
    Dangerous Be...

I do not think 2 shows 25 minutes each will be enough. Well watch while we have them I suppose. Sigh. Might as well make it an hour once a week. *Rolls my eyes*

#16   2013/05/16 04:04PM
    coldrain

twice a week, are they trolling us? the show is promoted as "it's not daytime, it's anytime" so maybe that's why people are "binge watching" i'm pretty sure if it had a set time it was set to air and if you werent around to watch it then it would be better *rolls eyes*

I agree with a lot of reasons listed here. victor returning with no explanation. no attention to detail given to the fact that he died, was zipped up in a body bag, and was buried/had a funeral. did the police did up his grave? apparently it's really him though since they dna matched him under some random nameless guy he killed's fingernails

and yeah i have no desire to see them try to redeem the cutter character. he's still a manwhore that uses women to me

#17   2013/05/16 04:19PM
    coldrain

remember how epic THIS was? www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT5S9kdhW2c

imagine how one life to live wouldve been like returning like that. they gave us back the characters we loved, and they were written like the characters we love. oltl returned online changing the personalities of some of our favorites

#18   2013/05/16 06:07PM
    ghfanfare

Bummer. The two hours of OLTL was perfect. Why are they changing it up already? I think they need to give it a chance. Maybe more promotion would help. Have never really watched AMC and wasn't planning on starting now.

#19   2013/05/16 07:26PM
    BringBackStarr

My gut tells me we could be looking at a possible cancellation by July..This really steams my toast!!!

FYI----I do think the show is saveable. They need some big casting news (Andrea Evans, Bree Williamson)..What about bringing back Jake and Megan (yes I know Megan died but so has plenty of others)...

#20   2013/05/17 04:03AM
    oltllover

I was just reading some of the comments on hulu/OLTL and it seems everyone is pissed at this developement but it also seems that some people think its because of negative comments. this tells me that PP never had a clue what they were doing negative comments about s/l's or characters is the nature of the beast they arent suppose to cut back on the shows they are suppose to use the fans opinions to improve. I cant speak for AMC because I am not watching that but OLTL should have started off with the victor s/l, fans waited over a year to find out what happened. most of the characters would have been directly involved in it and would have gotten the old time fans hooked they could have waited with the whole shelter club thing. now their promises to the cast and crew are sounding like a bunch of lies. they should have waited at least 6 months to get a better picture. I guess RH, KA and ME are looking like genuises now and PP cant blame ABC for this which makes all of their other claims about ABC look stupid as well.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list