List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP

Started by tessicapls at 2013/05/16 10:40AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 12:24AM, Views: 2142, Replies: 31
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/05/16 10:40AM
    New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP
    tessicapls

The online network and PP have announced AMC and OLTL will only air twice weekly now...I'm linking the article...they don't get to the meat of the announcement until the second page, 1st paragraph:

http://soaps.sheknow...0191/

I've been debating on whether I would keep watching, unlike most of the posters here, I have not enjoyed the reboot much. It just hasn't grabbed me. I think this has made my decision(I'll probably change my mind), and I will stop watching.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/16 10:54AM
    #2   2013/05/16 10:48AM
    Re: New Schedule for OLTL and AMC announced by PP
    Meeksmonk

I just read about this. On one hand, I can understand why they would do this. But, on the other, I think it's a huge mistake because people who aren't even that committed to the show already probably won't feel the need to tune in to see only two episodes. Smh. This sounds like such a bad idea.

#3   2013/05/16 10:52AM
    tessicapls

Quote Meeksmonk: I just read about this. On one hand, I can understand why they would do this. But, on the other, I think it's a huge mistake because people who aren't even that committed to the show already probably won't feel the need to tune in to see only two episodes. Smh. This sounds like such a bad idea.

8-10 episodes per month depending on if it's a four or five week month?? I agree, bad move. I'm kinda not sure what the point in 10(at the most) episodes is.

#4   2013/05/16 11:21AM
    oltlforever31

I don't think I like this idea either. I guess I can adapt, since I've been watching both shows. I have fallen behind on AMC, but I really look forward to Oltl every morning. It has become a new routine.

Like the article said, they are trying to make these shows succeed, not fail, so I guess they have to try every angle. They also said they would revisit the schedule if need be. I really hope they will change it back, because two episodes a week really doesn't seem like enough to me.

Of course, I will continue to watch though. I may end up liking it better in the long run, because as I said before, I have fallen behind on GH, and Amc since these shows came back. As a busy mom, I don't have a lot of time to watch these shows during the day, so I guess, I could get used to it. I don't know...we'll see, I guess.

#5   2013/05/16 11:22AM
    BringBackStarr

All hype and no substance....

The problems?

Matthew the BRAT(why not make him the GOOD GUY of the younger set?)..Yes he had issues but he also has always had a stable support system...

Cussing...OK---maybe at first it was you way of declaring freedom from censors, then it just got ridiculous....

You want to push the envelope?---show some NUDITY---THAT would have been far more edgy (Though I have yet to see a guy under 25 on the show masculine enough for me to want to see naked) *DUH*....PS---REALLY LOOKING AT YOU AJ on AMC---be who you are, not who you are pretending to be!!

Too many "where is such and such" questions....They should have answered the biggies...I still miss Brody...

Cutter..uH how did you get out of jail....Oh yeah...its a secret....REALLY?

Victor returns, gives ZERO explanations....IF my dead brother came back, I would definately have alot of questions...

Too much CLUBBING and not enough of anything else....Looks like a bunch of spoiled rich brats to me...

This is an odd hybrid of the great (Dorian, Vicki, Bo, Nora, etc)---And the younger set.....

Not sure Jeffrey isnt Davids kid who got put up for adoption either...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/16 11:24AM
    #6   2013/05/16 11:36AM
    oltlforever31

The one thing I really don't get is they say a lot of people are only watching one show or the other. Why do they think doing this is going to change that? If someone isn't watching AMC, (or, vice versa) they aren't going to start simply because it's on opposite days from OLTL. The more I think about it, the more I think it's a terrible idea. I get that people are watching at their own convenience, but that is because they know they can. I don't believe that will change, just because it's on fewer days.

I'm just going to have some faith that they will change it back, once they realize they made a mistake.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/16 11:38AM
    #7   2013/05/16 11:40AM
    tessicapls

Quote oltlforever31: The one thing I really don't get is they say a lot of people are only watching one show or the other. Why do they think doing this is going to change that? If someone isn't watching AMC, (or, vice versa) they aren't going to start simply because it's on opposite days from OLTL. The more I think about it, the more I think it's a terrible idea. I get that people are watching at their own convenience, but that is because they know they can. I don't believe that will change, just because it's on fewer days.

I'm just going to have some faith that they will change it back, once they realize they made a mistake.

I wondered about that too. I don't watch AMC, but for me, it has nothing to do with time, I just never watched AMC..

#8   2013/05/16 11:46AM
    oltlforever31

Quote tessicapls:
    Quote oltlforever31: The one thing I really don't get is they say a lot of people are only watching one show or the other. Why do they think doing this is going to change that? If someone isn't watching AMC, (or, vice versa) they aren't going to start simply because it's on opposite days from OLTL. The more I think about it, the more I think it's a terrible idea. I get that people are watching at their own convenience, but that is because they know they can. I don't believe that will change, just because it's on fewer days.

I wondered about that too. I don't watch AMC, but for me, it has nothing to do with time, I just never watched AMC..

Exactly. I'm sure there are a lot of people who only watched one or the other when it was on ABC. I didn't watch AMC in it's last decade, but I figured I would give it a try online, since it was kind of a fresh start. (plus I want to support both shows) but I know a lot of people probably don't care to watch both shows. I'm guessing PP was hoping more people would watch both since they cut it to 30 min? I don't know, but I hope they reconsider this whole thing after a few weeks.

#9   2013/05/16 12:13PM
    Meeksmonk

Quote tessicapls:

Exactly. Sometimes I would watch AMC a few times in its last few months, just because nothing else was on and I was waiting for OLTL, but that was the only reason. So I definitely do not watch it now. Man we are only a few weeks in and we might be going downhill already. I hope they change their minds because this sounds ridiculous. I think a lot of people are going to tell them this!

#10   2013/05/16 01:38PM
    oltllover

wow that was quick. I have been saying all along that they had no publicity to promote this if the problem is viewership that is their fault. I also think a half hour show is just not cutting it for some. the cussing seems forced and I have read posts from people not being to crazy about it. I have not watched AMC and still wont no matter what format they come up with not sure why they think that will change anything and I also find myself watching more then one episode in one day instead of daily I bet they didnt account for that and might not be seeing the numbers. I started a thread asking for everyone to give it a chance before complaining its to bad PP couldnt do they same.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list