List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: This is not a bash but MO-Shenell is the only Des

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

This is not a bash but MO-Shenell is the only Des

Started by Plain-N-Simple at 2013/05/13 07:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/14 06:59AM, Views: 288, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2013/05/13 07:02PM
    This is not a bash but MO-Shenell is the only Des
    Plain-N-Simple

Shenell is the only Des for me. Everythime I watch the scenes w/the nuDestiny and the gang I can't help but think and miss Shenell in this role. She brought spunk and attitude to this character which @ this point in the S/L she needs. The NuDes to me is not quite bringing it yet but I'm willing to give her a chance. I also think about how they have the nuDes in the club dancing and stuff and I think again of how different this would be for Destiny. Like I see the nuDestiny in the club scenes but I see Shenell in the real life scenes. Make sense? I do think Shenell could bring the heat in the club but my concern is would the writers still treat Shenell in the way they are doing wth the nuDes in that atmosphere. I think they would write her differently because of maybe her size (not bashing or calling her names just making a point). Point in case, I want my Shenell back lol but I know she has other obligations of finishing school and the whole 9 and I can't go against that... I wish her luck in her endeavors.

#2   2013/05/13 11:04PM
    Re: This is not a bash but MO-Shenell is the only Des
    DesTea

I do the same thing, I watch and picture Shenell doing the scenes but I try not to but it's hard. I think NuDes brings sass and spunk though, it's just not he same. I think if she sort of looked like Shenell, it wouldn't be as hard to adjust like NuMatt looks like Eddie.
    I think as far as the regular scenes they would write it the same but they would write the club scenes differently for Shenell and they wouldn't have Jeffery instantly look at her and go "who's that, she's hot." Which I don't think is really fair because I think they could write it the same for Shenell but they wouldn't. I think she could especially pull it off now that she's older and more mature because I see her Instagram pics of her at prom and on the red carpet and they could really hook her up and do the same thing.
    I really miss Shenell but this Destiny isn't bad, it's just a big adjustment and at least the recast was for a good reason.
    I do like that now they can't use the same excuses as to why Matt doesn't want to be with Destiny. Like they can't say, "you just want Dani because she looks like a model." Like they've done in the past. They have to really come up with a legit reason,

In my head good Destiny recasts would have been like 1. Imani Hakim and 2nd Camille Winbush, but neither of them probably would have done it because they live in LA but I could really see it.

However, Laura is good. I still love Destiny.

#3   2013/05/14 06:59AM
    Re: This is not a bash but MO-Shenell is the only Des
    Plain-N-Simple

Quote DesTea: I do the same thing, I watch and picture Shenell doing the scenes but I try not to but it's hard. I think NuDes brings sass and spunk though, it's just not he same. I think if she sort of looked like Shenell, it wouldn't be as hard to adjust like NuMatt looks like Eddie.
    I think as far as the regular scenes they would write it the same but they would write the club scenes differently for Shenell and they wouldn't have Jeffery instantly look at her and go "who's that, she's hot." Which I don't think is really fair because I think they could write it the same for Shenell but they wouldn't. I think she could especially pull it off now that she's older and more mature because I see her Instagram pics of her at prom and on the red carpet and they could really hook her up and do the same thing.
    I really miss Shenell but this Destiny isn't bad, it's just a big adjustment and at least the recast was for a good reason.
    I do like that now they can't use the same excuses as to why Matt doesn't want to be with Destiny. Like they can't say, "you just want Dani because she looks like a model." Like they've done in the past. They have to really come up with a legit reason,

In my head good Destiny recasts would have been like 1. Imani Hakim and 2nd Camille Winbush, but neither of them probably would have done it because they live in LA but I could really see it.

However, Laura is good. I still love Destiny.

I agree of course, my thougts exactly.Especially what u said about Jeff and the club scene and his immediate woo of attraction of the nuDes which I don't think they would have done for Shenell. So I agree witchu on that but I'm just overall pleased with everything happening right now and hope for even better every day.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list