List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: Jeffrey

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jeffrey

Started by MikeLikesSoaps at 2013/05/10 11:50AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/11 07:31AM, Views: 301, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2013/05/10 11:50AM
    Jeffrey
    MikeLikesSoaps

I understand why they aged Matthew, Destiny and Dani to be 21. I understand them bringing Jeffrey in. What I don't get is how Matthew and Dani could have known Jeffrey from boarding school in London (Matthew was his roommate?). I'm not believing that Jeffrey is supposed to be 21 AND an established experienced investigative reporter that Viki had to have at the Banner. If he's 21 or 22, he just finished college. WHEN did he have time to get the experience to establish himself to qualify to work at The Banner instead of The Sun? Maybe if he was in his late 20s I'd buy him as an ace reporter. But not as a 21 year old.
    Now don;t get me wrong, I like the actor and character, I just think they are wrong by trying to make him as young as the others.

#2   2013/05/10 07:25PM
    Re: Jeffrey
    tinasfathero...

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: I understand why they aged Matthew, Destiny and Dani to be 21. I understand them bringing Jeffrey in. What I don't get is how Matthew and Dani could have known Jeffrey from boarding school in London (Matthew was his roommate?). I'm not believing that Jeffrey is supposed to be 21 AND an established experienced investigative reporter that Viki had to have at the Banner. If he's 21 or 22, he just finished college. WHEN did he have time to get the experience to establish himself to qualify to work at The Banner instead of The Sun? Maybe if he was in his late 20s I'd buy him as an ace reporter. But not as a 21 year old.

I agree with all your points and especially about him being Matthew's roommate in the London boarding school. I just saw those episodes on Soapnet Classics again late last year and Matthew was there but for a few weeks and it was really just for the introduction of Dani.

I think the writers just needed to play fast and loose with past story to give Jeffrey a foothold into the canvas. I mean after all his peers are Matt and Destiny recasts and Dani who is SO totally not the Dani we knew when the show ended it's ABC run.

Even Jack, who's not age-appropriate for this group, has had a personality adjustment like his sister but in the opposite direction.
    Now don;t get me wrong, I like the actor and character, I just think they are wrong by trying to make him as young as the others.

#3   2013/05/10 07:29PM
    tinasfathero...

I agree with all your points and especially about him being Matthew's roommate in the London boarding school. I just saw those episodes on Soapnet Classics again late last year and Matthew was there but for a few weeks and it was really just for the introduction of Dani.

I think the writers just needed to play fast and loose with past story to give Jeffrey a foothold into the canvas. I mean after all his peers are Matt and Destiny recasts and Dani who is SO totally not the Dani we knew when the show ended it's ABC run.

Even Jack, who's not age-appropriate for this group, has had a personality adjustment like his sister but in the opposite direction.

#4   2013/05/10 09:42PM
    DesTea

Quote tinasfatheronlostin: I agree with all your points and especially about him being Matthew's roommate in the London boarding school. I just saw those episodes on Soapnet Classics again late last year and Matthew was there but for a few weeks and it was really just for the introduction of Dani.

I really don't think they changed Dani that much. I can see how she would grow into what she's become. She never really handled things that well anyway so I can see her turning to drugs, What they did change that doesn't make sense is Dani and Destiny's friendship. It's almost inexistent now. Then she's going to hook up with Matthew.

I agree Jeffery is a little young to be so established but I do like him too.

#5   2013/05/11 07:31AM
    Meeksmonk

Quote DesTea:
    Quote tinasfatheronlostin: I agree with all your points and especially about him being Matthew's roommate in the London boarding school. I just saw those episodes on Soapnet Classics again late last year and Matthew was there but for a few weeks and it was really just for the introduction of Dani.

I really don't think they changed Dani that much. I can see how she would grow into what she's become. She never really handled things that well anyway so I can see her turning to drugs, What they did change that doesn't make sense is Dani and Destiny's friendship. It's almost inexistent now. Then she's going to hook up with Matthew.

I agree Jeffery is a little young to be so established but I do like him too.

I have to agree. Dani always has been a bit of a brat so I'm not too surprised with her behavior now. Although I'm not so sure about the drugs part...but honestly, with the "right" circumstances, it can happen to a lot of people. I do also agree about Dani and Destiny's friendship. They were best friends at one point, I especially remember when Des told Dani that she was pregnant. Dani was there for her and now all of a sudden that's gone. And although Dani and Matthew were together before he and Destiny had sex, it just seems wrong for Dani to hook up with him again. Especially when she knows how poorly he's treating Des and the baby.

Eeek so off topic. But yes I agree that Jeffrey seems too young to be so established, but we don't know his history besides him being at the boarding school. And from what we've seen already, he seems to be a go-getter. Especially being in college right now where there are a lot of people like that, I can see how Jeffrey's persistence and determination could lead to him getting a job at The Banner.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list