List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: best thing about a small cast

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

best thing about a small cast

Started by coldrain at 2013/05/10 03:08AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/14 11:39AM, Views: 388, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2013/05/10 03:08AM
    best thing about a small cast
    coldrain

we get to see all the characters every day instead of spread out..as they add more people to the show that might end but it's been fun while it's lasted.. honestly the only thing i could do without is the pointless bo and nora stuff.. the rest, even the viki/dorian stuff hasn't been bad

#2   2013/05/10 06:27AM
    Re: best thing about a small cast
    oltlforever31

I really like the smaller cast as well. It seems to work better. The half hour format seems to be working out well too.

#3   2013/05/10 11:55AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

I like the half hour format and only 4 episodes a week - less filler with characters just sitting around talking about what's going on all day. Now the action moves forward every day. With some hour long soaps, it got to the point where you could skip the Wednesday episodes because NOTHING ever happened on Wednesdays. The characters just talked and rehashed all the storylines.

#4   2013/05/10 06:29PM
    tinasfathero...

It reminds me of when I first became a soap fan in the '70s and I watched AMC and Ryan's Hope which were each at that time 30 min long. They were character driven then and not story driven.

Hour long soaps lose the personal touch as more filler and unnecessary characters are added to the mix.

#5   2013/05/10 11:12PM
    elijahsgotit

They're not all on every episode. For ex: Natalie was off for a few eps after the premiere..But I do agree that we get to see them all much more often which is great

#6   2013/05/13 12:49PM
    DesTea

Yeah and I like that there's more family scenes with ppl I'd usually forget were related. Before, I don't think Vicki would have showed up at the hospital for Dani because she would have had scenes that only focused around her and just the immediate family would have been at the hospital. And we do get more of the whole cast in an episode than before.

Even though Bo and Nora scenes are kind of pointless it's kind of a good thing because they're happy. If there were actually something going on they'd have them on the verge of divorce.

The show wasn't really an hour before though, you have to account for the commercials. They had bout 25 mins worth of commercials so the show was actually 35 mins. When you find the entire episodes on YouTube they're only 35 mins long. So the show is only 10 mins shorter than before.

#7   2013/05/14 11:39AM
    AZsun3232

I like the smaller cast as well...I just still hope to see other's come back. Or at least pop in for a bit.

I'm a working mom with 2 school-aged childer. I'm loving the 30 minute schedule. It's so much easier to fit into my busy life, and I don't get too far behind.

So glad they're back!!!!!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list