List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: Flippin' the bird...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Flippin' the bird...

Started by ghfanfare at 2013/05/09 05:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/14 11:34AM, Views: 441, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/05/09 05:05PM
    Flippin' the bird...
    ghfanfare

That was unexpected.

But I laughed.

#2   2013/05/09 07:21PM
    Re: Flippin' the bird...
    Meeksmonk

It's funny because I was actually wondering if they'd let any of the characters do it...so I kind of liked seeing it on Geoffrey...fine ass Geoffrey...:)

#3   2013/05/10 06:34AM
    oltlforever31

I have to say, I kind of like that they can get away with more. I know the cursing has bothered some, but I actually don't mind it at all. Some of it seems unnecessary, but I noticed on Thursdays show there wasn't as much. Maybe the first few episodes used a lot just to get us used to it? I don't know. But I think it makes it seem a little more realistic.

#4   2013/05/10 09:36AM
    Meeksmonk

I agree. People curse all the time in real life, plus, if I were a character in a soap, I cannot imagine going through all of the crap they do and not cursing once. I just can't. Lol. Just as long as they don't go overboard.

#5   2013/05/10 09:44AM
    ghfanfare

I think most of us are used to hearing it anymore, in movies, on HBO, Showtime, even in public these days. Must admit that sometimes I get tired of it. It's all been overdone, esp. the 'f' word. Kinda lost its impact and just sounds crass now. JMO, of course.

#6   2013/05/10 07:00PM
    tinasfathero...

I think they're basically just testing the waters.

*** using sh!t SO MUCH over a couple of episodes has totally lost what small amount of shock value it had to begin with.
    *** loved the bird flipping.
    *** hate Riff Raff and whatever he means by needing his fettucheeni.
    *** Nat in her lingerie in premiere episode. Big thumbs up. Only cause it seems real. She was getting ready to go out. She' s proud of her beauty and Melissa Archer was so comfortable in showing that side of Natalie according to her interview on the recap show. I mean really now......on General Hospital last week both Nik and Milo were doing lame impressions of the Fords since they were clothing-challenged.
    *** Victor and Tea love scenes. So Sexy. And loved the strawberries for breakfast afterglow the next morning.

#7   2013/05/13 07:23PM
    Plain-N-Simple

Now I have watched every episode so far and for some reason I obviously missed the bird flippin. Idk how but I clearly did so can somebody enlightened me on who did it and what eppy that was so I can go over it again to c if I really missed it or if I just don't remember seeing it.

#8   2013/05/13 07:57PM
    Meeksmonk

Quote Plain-N-Simple: Now I have watched every episode so far and for some reason I obviously missed the bird flippin. Idk how but I clearly did so can somebody enlightened me on who did it and what eppy that was so I can go over it again to c if I really missed it or if I just don't remember seeing it.

I believe it was the episode before the one that aired today. Matthew and Jeffrey were in their apartment. Matthew, I think, was on his laptop and Jeffrey was complaining about how Matthew could help him move some stuff around in the bedroom. Matthew said that Jeffrey could use the exercise so Jeffrey flipped the bird. I believe it was in the beginning of the episode but I'm not sure.

#9   2013/05/14 07:00AM
    Plain-N-Simple

Quote Meeksmonk:
    Quote Plain-N-Simple: Now I have watched every episode so far and for some reason I obviously missed the bird flippin. Idk how but I clearly did so can somebody enlightened me on who did it and what eppy that was so I can go over it again to c if I really missed it or if I just don't remember seeing it.

I believe it was the episode before the one that aired today. Matthew and Jeffrey were in their apartment. Matthew, I think, was on his laptop and Jeffrey was complaining about how Matthew could help him move some stuff around in the bedroom. Matthew said that Jeffrey could use the exercise so Jeffrey flipped the bird. I believe it was in the beginning of the episode but I'm not sure.

Ok thanx for this. I'll go back and c how the heck I missed this lol..

#10   2013/05/14 11:34AM
    AZsun3232

:-) I thought it was funny! It was set in there as if it would be in real life. Very fitting for the conversation.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list