List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

One Life To Live - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: One Life To Live Forum :: The Cussing!?!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Cussing!?!

Started by DawnD13 at 2013/05/03 04:12PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/08 07:38AM, Views: 1187, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/05/03 04:12PM
    The Cussing!?!
    DawnD13

Is anyone else surprised by the cuss words being used on the reboot of OLTL? I mean I nearly jumped off the couch when I first heard Dani say "s***"!!! And then Blair called Todd an "a-hole"! I'm not sure I WANT to hear that on my shows! I'm not a prude, but it doesn't add anything to the show and kind of trashes up the characters. And I know fast paced is good but this thing is edited to be so fast, I can't get into the storylines.

#2   2013/05/03 06:12PM
    Re: The Cussing!?!
    Jigglea

Quote DawnD13: Is anyone else surprised by the cuss words being used on the reboot of OLTL? I mean I nearly jumped off the couch when I first heard Dani say "s***"!!! And then Blair called Todd an "a-hole"! I'm not sure I WANT to hear that on my shows! I'm not a prude, but it doesn't add anything to the show and kind of trashes up the characters. And I know fast paced is good but this thing is edited to be so fast, I can't get into the storylines.

DawnD, I would have to agree with you...i'm not too thrilled about the cussing either....

#3   2013/05/03 06:12PM
    Jigglea

Quote DawnD13: Is anyone else surprised by the cuss words being used on the reboot of OLTL? I mean I nearly jumped off the couch when I first heard Dani say "s***"!!! And then Blair called Todd an "a-hole"! I'm not sure I WANT to hear that on my shows! I'm not a prude, but it doesn't add anything to the show and kind of trashes up the characters. And I know fast paced is good but this thing is edited to be so fast, I can't get into the storylines.

DawnD, I would have to agree with you...i'm not too thrilled about the cussing either....

#4   2013/05/04 03:03AM
    oltllover

I think Blair calling todd an a-hole made sense it fits into what would really be said between 2 people with the kind of relationship they have but if the cussing becomes more about shock value then "normal" conversation then I think the writers are just doing it to set themselves apart from broadcast tv.

#5   2013/05/04 10:16PM
    BringBackStarr

Since when does a NEW EMPLOYEE (Jeffrey), start cussing around their boss (Vicki)....its a desperate obvious stunt that stinks!!

#6   2013/05/04 10:47PM
    coldrain

Seems like it was added for "realism" or just wanting to show off that they can get away with it without the previous television regulations in place. Maybe they thought viewers would enjoy it, but thus far it's seemed to backfire from what I've heard from anyone I know who's watched the new episodes.

Feels like I'm watching an MTV undressed rehash tbh. it's not sexy or controversial, it's forced and faked

#7   2013/05/06 07:47AM
    c.reign1

I agree i think blair saying as##### was ok but what bothered me was dani saying sh$$$$t that was not appropiate you can tell she felt awkward trying to say it she is a teenager that not cool they need to clean the language up family show people.

#8   2013/05/06 10:51AM
    tessicapls

A$$hole, I was okay with. $h*t, I didn't love, but could handle. But Dani calling Matthew a d*ckhead today was just crude. I don't care for all the cussing. I'm 32, definitely no prude, but I don't see the need for it.

#9   2013/05/06 11:59AM
    Geddymd72

They have to experiment with the freedom of the new format. On HBO or Showtime, all the acclaimed series get their expletives in. I say, just let it fly for now

#10   2013/05/06 01:30PM
    coldrain

First thing the new matthew said today was "holy s-h-i-t"...

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list