Just not feeling Lola!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
LULIX

Just not feeling Lola!!

Postby LULIX » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:58 pm

I don’t hate the character but I also don’t get all the love she has been getting so far.

I can probably grow to like her but all she seems to do is talk about cooking Latino food and that food truck. To me she is a little bossy and annoying.

Soap Fan+

Re: Just not feeling Lola!!

Postby Soap Fan+ » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Im not feeling her either. She is very boring and annoying. I like that Y&R is putting a blue collar family on the show but all Rey and Artuero seem to do is bicker all the time. It's getting very old and tiring.

I would like to see the Winters family more!!! They hate they have been on the backburner since Lily got locked up.

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:54 am

I love Lola!!!!!!!!! I could not disagree with you both more. Lola is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR. I enjoy watching her more than a lot of the regulars on YR. I think Lola represents those hard working girls who have had to struggle to get anywhere in life.

I'm tuning in these days to see Lola and Kyle. I was very sad to see Doug Davidson leave YR. So, Kyle and Lola have helped fill the void.

I get sick of seeing rich, entitled very boring YR characters with no more stories to tell...so I'm interested in a self made middle class girl with her little food truck.

Please give Lola a chance. You will end up enjoying her character. I already do.

Midnyt

Postby Midnyt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 am

She reminds me of a character on a Disney movie about a dance team. One of the other characterside was America Ferrera

Dkingz1130

Postby Dkingz1130 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 am

She reminds me of that girl Noah dated they want to create a strong female Latin character which I understand but this isn’t cutting it

Elba

Postby Elba » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:50 am

I think Lola is a lovely, smart, young woman trying to "make it." I am glad the writers have included a somewhat seemingly "regular" type family on the soap, interacting with the "rich and famous at GC, without (so far), the repetitious "sexual drama" we have been seeing for who knows how long. I just hope Rey is not "comforting" Sharon just to get the low-down on JT. I don't think Abby and Arturo are a great "match" but they are not awful.
This new family was kind of quickly introduced and it is a bit weird seeing the exit of so many characters, the "break up of the Winters Clan, etc. but if the writers are careful and not get this family into silly, ridiculous, bizarre plots....we will surely be enjoying something nice for a change...not sexual encounters of the stupid kind, on the elevator, kitchen counters, pantry rooms, sofas, roof tops during activities, etc., etc. JMO LOL Elba ;)

Jurist

Postby Jurist » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:02 am

Lifetime Viewer wrote:I love Lola!!!!!!!!! I could not disagree with you both more. Lola is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR. I enjoy watching her more than a lot of the regulars on YR. I think Lola represents those hard working girls who have had to struggle to get anywhere in life.

I'm tuning in these days to see Lola and Kyle. I was very sad to see Doug Davidson leave YR. So, Kyle and Lola have helped fill the void.

I get sick of seeing rich, entitled very boring YR characters with no more stories to tell...so I'm interested in a self made middle class girl with her little food truck.

Please give Lola a chance. You will end up enjoying her character. I already do.

This is exactly how I feel. I love this character more than any I have liked in ages. Lola is fantastic. A breath of fresh air is exactly how I describe her. I am not feeling her brothers tho. AT ALL!!!

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 am

Soap Fan+ wrote:Im not feeling her either. She is very boring and annoying. I like that Y&R is putting a blue collar family on the show but all Rey and Artuero seem to do is bicker all the time. It's getting very old and tiring.

I would like to see the Winters family more!!! They hate they have been on the backburner since Lily got locked up.

I don't care for her or her brothers ....
She is so boring arturo is nothing, contractor who never works. Abby is an executive she gets more flexible hours. Rey the detective lives in the coffeehouse not just above it.
Why is he, who is only working on JT disappearance all of a sudden doing more police work than anyone in police department.

bridel

Postby bridel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 am

NJ SOAP LADY wrote:
Soap Fan+ wrote:Im not feeling her either. She is very boring and annoying. I like that Y&R is putting a blue collar family on the show but all Rey and Artuero seem to do is bicker all the time. It's getting very old and tiring.

I don't care for her or her brothers ....
She is so boring arturo is nothing, contractor who never works. Abby is an executive she gets more flexible hours. Rey the detective lives in the coffeehouse not just above it.
Why is he, who is only working on JT disappearance all of a sudden doing more police work than anyone in police department.

ita all we ever see rey doing is drinking coffee at crimson lights or arguing with his brother. work? when does anyone work on the Y&R?

SadieM

Postby SadieM » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 am

I like Arturo and Abby. But I am not all that sold on Lola or Rey. Lola is a bit too pushy with Kyle and I can't buy into the love at first sight plot.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”