Why'd You Choose Your User Name

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
sjogirl

Re: Why'd You Choose Your User Name

Postby sjogirl » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:45 pm

sillystring wrote:
lakotasmommy wrote:I now "identify" as my dog's (Lakota) "mommy". He is a wonderful 110 pound Akita (rescue), whom I love to pamper. There is quite a transition from being out in the work force to staying home! Yes, I AM that crazy dog person!

Me too!! love my fur babies. I have two an 8 lb Pomeranian named Murphy and a 47 lb Chow Chow named Hannah. Hannah was a recue too, I was actually looking to get an akita when I came across Hannah. Her situation was dire and she needed a home asap. Here it is almost nine years later and I don't regret it. She is the sweetest dog I think I've ever owned.

My screen name is cuz I'm such a nut and it was a scene from GH between Jake and his baby sitter...seemed fitting :D

Shoot we should start a thread about pets, maybe call it Annabelle the 2nd :D. I LOVE hearing about other people’s animals. I have 2 golden doodles & they are my precious babies. Paulie, 6 years & 70 lbs...named after my mother in law believe it or not...she would have considered it the highest honor & a 1 year old boy named Posey because I am a diehard SF Giants & Buster Posey fan...he is 45 lbs. Our cat, Pepperdine passed away 1 1/2 years ago at only 7 years old & we are still devastated by it. He was the king of the castle & we were all his loyal subjects.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:56 pm

sjogirl wrote:
sillystring wrote:
lakotasmommy wrote:I now "identify" as my dog's (Lakota) "mommy". He is a wonderful 110 pound Akita (rescue), whom I love to pamper. There is quite a transition from being out in the work force to staying home! Yes, I AM that crazy dog person!

Me too!! love my fur babies. I have two an 8 lb Pomeranian named Murphy and a 47 lb Chow Chow named Hannah. Hannah was a recue too, I was actually looking to get an akita when I came across Hannah. Her situation was dire and she needed a home asap. Here it is almost nine years later and I don't regret it. She is the sweetest dog I think I've ever owned.

My screen name is cuz I'm such a nut and it was a scene from GH between Jake and his baby sitter...seemed fitting :D

Shoot we should start a thread about pets, maybe call it Annabelle the 2nd :D. I LOVE hearing about other people’s animals. I have 2 golden doodles & they are my precious babies. Paulie, 6 years & 70 lbs...named after my mother in law believe it or not...she would have considered it the highest honor & a 1 year old boy named Posey because I am a diehard SF Giants & Buster Posey fan...he is 45 lbs. Our cat, Pepperdine passed away 1 1/2 years ago at only 7 years old & we are still devastated by it. He was the king of the castle & we were all his loyal subjects.

Yes, start a pet thread! I have a 45 pound Decker Terrier who thinks she's a lap dog. Also a rescue with some separation anxiety issues for sure. I've never let a dog on the furniture or in my bed in my life but this dog does both! She won't even SIT on the floor. lol. But she's goofy and really sweet. AND she needs va jay jay surgery. :( Seriously, she's always getting UTIs because of the way she was made down there so we're gonna get that fixed with a "vulvoplasty". :?. At least it's not cancer like our first vet kept testing her for, which cost a fortune! Hopefully, this will be it with the vets for a while. Fingers crossed!

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Oh, and I also have a Hahn's McCaw, a mini version of the big green McCaws. Now SHE really rules the roost around here.

rainhue

Postby rainhue » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Our dog is Cocoa. She is an Australian Shepherd and Chocolate Lab mix and just turned 15 years old. Last October, she was diagnosed with kidney disease and was told she could have days or weeks or months. We had an early Christmas with her right after Thanksgiving. She started eating again and got stronger and she goes to the vet 3 times a week for fluids. So now we are looking forward to another Christmas with her!

lakotasmommy

Postby lakotasmommy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:27 am

sillystring wrote:

It is always great to chat with another "crazy dog person"! Pomeranians look like small Akita's to me, love Chows too! There is something very rewarding about rescue pups. Lakota was pulled from a high kill " facility" where they still used gas (horrible). He now lives in a safe loving home, which is my honor to provide to him! He is so full of love, it just melts my heart!

BTW, great screen name!

soulofgh

Postby soulofgh » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:47 am

rainhue wrote:Our dog is Cocoa. She is an Australian Shepherd and Chocolate Lab mix and just turned 15 years old. Last October, she was diagnosed with kidney disease and was told she could have days or weeks or months. We had an early Christmas with her right after Thanksgiving. She started eating again and got stronger and she goes to the vet 3 times a week for fluids. So now we are looking forward to another Christmas with her!

What a great dog combo, rainhue(very pretty name)!; and you are a Christmas blessing btw. :)
Our two bro rescues are Basset/Shih tzu mix, best furbabies ever! :D :!:

TXproud

Postby TXproud » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:42 am

My user name explains itself. LOL
I also have 4 rescued pets....2 German Shepherds named Midnite & Ashley and 2 tuxedo cats named Smokey & Bandit.

rainhue

Postby rainhue » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 pm

soulofgh wrote:
rainhue wrote:Our dog is Cocoa. She is an Australian Shepherd and Chocolate Lab mix and just turned 15 years old. Last October, she was diagnosed with kidney disease and was told she could have days or weeks or months. We had an early Christmas with her right after Thanksgiving. She started eating again and got stronger and she goes to the vet 3 times a week for fluids. So now we are looking forward to another Christmas with her!

What a great dog combo, rainhue(very pretty name)!; and you are a Christmas blessing btw. :)
Our two bro rescues are Basset/Shih tzu mix, best furbabies ever! :D :!:

Aww, thank you for your kind words. We love her so much. Your fur babies are so lucky they got to stay together. I believe mixed breeds get the best traits of both breeds and are the best dogs.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Barbara was taken, barb was taken Barbara Ann was taken...so I just added a coupe of letters on the end..no reason..then I realized there was a actress and they wouldn’t let me delete it ..stuck....please just call,me barby

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 pm

sjogirl wrote:
mauimama wrote:I love love love Maui with a passion - my son takes me there every year- and he calls me "Mauimama" --
btw-- I'm could be "little Maui mama" cause I'm not quite 5 ft tall! LOL

I am in Maui right now, sitting at the MonkeyPod bar in Wailea :D

I'll be there again in 183 days -- I go every April/May - and we stay in Wailea.. Aloha!

Return to “General Hospital”