Speak the truth Margeaux!

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
centrd

Re: Speak the truth Margeaux!

Postby centrd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:37 pm

Trilla wrote:
centrd wrote:
stonecoldhot wrote:Carly is disgusting. Telling Margeaux that she will never prove that Sonny killed her father, instead of saying Sonny didn`t kill your father. At least Ava didn`t mean for Morgan to be hurt.
Like Sonny said himself....she has a point.

This is why I like Sonny. He has some self-awareness. He has some regret over his choices and actions. The others around him don't, and justify everything and act sanctimonious to boot, and that turns me off.

You can't be serious??? Sonny doesn't regret any illegal things he does. He just says things like that to the people he knows loves him so they can deny it and make him feel better about himself. If he felt regret it, he wouldn't continue to do the same thing.

I'm not saying he's perfect. By no means. But he at least admits he's not a saint. And he has a conscience. Not all the time, but enough to feel bad about his choices at times. Other times he's okay with what he does, though. He's conflicted and I like that in characters who are less than perfect. Everybody around him acts like his poop don't stink, though. They are more hypocritical than he is, IMO.

50yrsGHviewer

Postby 50yrsGHviewer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am

Trilla wrote:
50yrsGHviewer wrote:Margeaux is blackmailing Drew plain and simple. She calls it a trade of information, but Drew wasn't buying it either. She is a shark just like Mike said!

Actually, she is not. She is not demanding any money from him. That's the definition of blackmail.

I respectfully disagree. Blackmail can also be an action required that will help the blackmailer. I suppose coercion might be a better word for what Margeaux is doing.

JulieB1070

Postby JulieB1070 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:39 pm

I don’t understand why Drew hasn’t hauled butt to the PCPD and/or Mayor’s office to expose Margaux’s blackmail with the flashdrive. Her using that as leverage on Drew in her Sonny vendetta makes me hate her more.

She is such a one-dimensional character. Can’t feel sympathetic for her because the character is just so flat and unlikeable. I hope her time on GH’s canvas is short-lived.

centrd

Postby centrd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:41 pm

50yrsGHviewer wrote:
Trilla wrote:
50yrsGHviewer wrote:Margeaux is blackmailing Drew plain and simple. She calls it a trade of information, but Drew wasn't buying it either. She is a shark just like Mike said!

Actually, she is not. She is not demanding any money from him. That's the definition of blackmail.

I respectfully disagree. Blackmail can also be an action required that will help the blackmailer. I suppose coercion might be a better word for what Margeaux is doing.

But only if something incriminating is being held over his head in exchange. And she has nothing incriminating on Drew. So technically it's not blackmail. It's more like holding him hostage, --give me something and I'll give you your life back.

scottiegirl93

Postby scottiegirl93 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

centrd wrote:
scottiegirl93 wrote:
centrd wrote:I don't get why anybody cares whether Drew having Jason's memories is admissable in court. The danger here is that Drew knows things that could lead to evidence that can be investigated. Without that knowledge they don't know where to begin to look, but Drew knows where all the bodies are buried, where all the ill-gotten cash is banked, how the operation works, who Sonny works with etc. THAT'S what's dangerous about Drew's memories of Jason's activities.

Because the contents of the memories are inadmissible, therefore whatever they would find from his memories are inadmissable. The chain of evidence could not be established Because of how the evidence, locations, bodies, all of it was obtained would be thrown out on constitutional grounds!

No, you don't understand my point. I understand why his memories are inadmissible in a court of law. But admissibility is irrelevant compared to the info. It's the info itself that's so dangerous. That insider knowledge is powerful to anyone who wants to bring Sonny down. Sonny would have to change his entire operation to maintain the secrecy of their organization's activities and structure. Anyone who had that much insider info would be able to predict all his moves. Intercept illegal shipments. Know the names of his suppliers and co-conspirators. Provide the money trails. Investigators would be able to trace that money to all kinds of criminal activities. It's like having an undercover operative for 30+years who knows the organization inside and out, when before, investigators had ZERO information on their operations. All that knowledge is power. In the wrong hands it's deadly. Drew's memories are like the thread that you pull and the whole sweater unravels. They can make use that info without once mentioning that Drew was the "informant", as long as they catch the crooks red-handed.

The information gotten from the connections made outside of the courtroom are still the result of information that was illegally obtained, even if it was not illegally obtained by Drew or intentionally illegally by the investigators, it is still illegal, so the foundation for the new information is still illegal therefore the fruits that resulted from any part of the memories are illegal as well.

Many, many extremely guilty people get off because of illegal search and seizure.

MarieDet

Postby MarieDet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:46 am

centrd wrote:
I'm not saying he's perfect. By no means. But he at least admits he's not a saint. And he has a conscience. Not all the time, but enough to feel bad about his choices at times. Other times he's okay with what he does, though. He's conflicted and I like that in characters who are less than perfect. Everybody around him acts like his poop don't stink, though. They are more hypocritical than he is, IMO.

Sonny has no conscience.

MarieDet

Postby MarieDet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 am

Trilla wrote:I guess I don't understand all the Margo hate. She is trying to solve a murder case and put the guilty party in jail. Is that not her job? If she has to be hard sometimes, is that not her job? She's not there to make friends. Now, I don't agree with her burying her father near Morgan. But, she should go after Sonny with everything she got. Also, her father was an attorney for the mob. We don't know if he was involved in anything illegal. Maybe he was just like Diane. Does that mean Diane deserve to be killed because she is Sonny's lawyer. They said her father was killed because he wanted out of being Scully's lawyer and that's why Sonny was ordered to kill him. So, if Diane wants out, it's okay for Jason to kill her?

I don't see the difference and this is coming from a Jason fan and sometimes Sonny fan.

You're not going to find hardly anyone that likes her. She's boring and disgusting, as well as repetitive. She has no business blackmailing, yes it is blackmail, Drew for the flash drive.

Some stupid soap spoiler person had the audacity to suggest that Drew would sleep with that trash.

RobynH

Postby RobynH » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:06 pm

This is why I like Sonny. He has some self-awareness. He has some regret over his choices and actions. The others around him don't, and justify everything and act sanctimonious to boot, and that turns me off.[/quote]

You can't be serious??? Sonny doesn't regret any illegal things he does. He just says things like that to the people he knows loves him so they can deny it and make him feel better about himself. If he felt regret it, he wouldn't continue to do the same thing.[/quote]

I'm not saying he's perfect. By no means. But he at least admits he's not a saint. And he has a conscience. Not all the time, but enough to feel bad about his choices at times. Other times he's okay with what he does, though. He's conflicted and I like that in characters who are less than perfect. Everybody around him acts like his poop don't stink, though. They are more hypocritical than he is, IMO.[/quote]

Are you serious?!! His conscience is is nonexistent as his remorse! He doesn’t regret killing Margaux’s dad and he doesn’t regret any other thing he does. So he wants to remain on top and in control and he will do whatever it takes to remain that way. The irony is that people like Sam and Alexis and Kristina and Michael and Olivia and half the town, can overlook it or condone it while every other person, who was mob related and left, is persona-non-grata!

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:42 pm

scottiegirl93 wrote:
centrd wrote:
scottiegirl93 wrote:
Because the contents of the memories are inadmissible, therefore whatever they would find from his memories are inadmissable. The chain of evidence could not be established Because of how the evidence, locations, bodies, all of it was obtained would be thrown out on constitutional grounds!

No, you don't understand my point. I understand why his memories are inadmissible in a court of law. But admissibility is irrelevant compared to the info. It's the info itself that's so dangerous. That insider knowledge is powerful to anyone who wants to bring Sonny down. Sonny would have to change his entire operation to maintain the secrecy of their organization's activities and structure. Anyone who had that much insider info would be able to predict all his moves. Intercept illegal shipments. Know the names of his suppliers and co-conspirators. Provide the money trails. Investigators would be able to trace that money to all kinds of criminal activities. It's like having an undercover operative for 30+years who knows the organization inside and out, when before, investigators had ZERO information on their operations. All that knowledge is power. In the wrong hands it's deadly. Drew's memories are like the thread that you pull and the whole sweater unravels. They can make use that info without once mentioning that Drew was the "informant", as long as they catch the crooks red-handed.

The information gotten from the connections made outside of the courtroom are still the result of information that was illegally obtained, even if it was not illegally obtained by Drew or intentionally illegally by the investigators, it is still illegal, so the foundation for the new information is still illegal therefore the fruits that resulted from any part of the memories are illegal as well.

Many, many extremely guilty people get off because of illegal search and seizure.

Gah! I'm not talking about what's legal. I'm talking about how valuable information is no matter what its source. Information that is never entered into evidence. Seriously. If somebody tells you that your boss is having an affair, you couldn't share that as evidence because it's hearsay. But you could tell his wife and she could look into her suspicions and prove it herself. This is not complicated. Information is STILL extremely valuable without it ever being "official". It gives investigators new understanding and an edge they didn't have without that information.

Trilla

Postby Trilla » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm

MarieDet wrote:
Trilla wrote:I guess I don't understand all the Margo hate. She is trying to solve a murder case and put the guilty party in jail. Is that not her job? If she has to be hard sometimes, is that not her job? She's not there to make friends. Now, I don't agree with her burying her father near Morgan. But, she should go after Sonny with everything she got. Also, her father was an attorney for the mob. We don't know if he was involved in anything illegal. Maybe he was just like Diane. Does that mean Diane deserve to be killed because she is Sonny's lawyer. They said her father was killed because he wanted out of being Scully's lawyer and that's why Sonny was ordered to kill him. So, if Diane wants out, it's okay for Jason to kill her?

I don't see the difference and this is coming from a Jason fan and sometimes Sonny fan.

You're not going to find hardly anyone that likes her. She's boring and disgusting, as well as repetitive. She has no business blackmailing, yes it is blackmail, Drew for the flash drive.

Some stupid soap spoiler person had the audacity to suggest that Drew would sleep with that trash.

Please look up the definition of blackmail.

Return to “General Hospital”