This Hatred for Mal Young is Out of Control

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Mamarose10

Re: This Hatred for Mal Young is Out of Control

Postby Mamarose10 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm

"Can you please explain to me what he has done to disrespect Y&R's rich past and veteran actors because I honestly don't see this egregious act he's committed and I've been watching the show on and off for 20 years."

First of all I have been watching Y and R for 42 years.

Let's see, what has he done? How about: decimating the Abbott family and rewriting history to do so; bringing back a beloved character from the past, JT, and making him into some sort of psychopath; turning Victoria into a victim who is a shadow of her former self; engaging four main female characters in the quagmire of a concealed MURDER where they buried a man in a public park named for KATHERINE CHANCELLOR; back-burnering talented Y & R core characters like Michael, Lauren and Paul; driving away Mishael Morgan, Eileen Davidson and to a degree, Christel Khalil - because you will never convince me (so don't try to) that his leadership (or threats) is not responsible, at least on some level, for their decisions to leave or drop to recurring, and last but by far the worst - kicking to the curb a 40 year veteran and longest serving cast member of the show, Doug Davidson

takerkid

Postby takerkid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Likeyfan wrote:
Mamarose10 wrote:
Likeyfan wrote:No it's justified and deserved. It's only because fans hate one story or one character, it's because this guy ruined the show. He hasn't some respect for the show, Bill Bell who created this show, for the actors who helped this show to be successful. He lied to the fans, ignored the fanbases. He pissed out a lot of fanbases. Frankly il so delighted to see the people on Twitter going after him.

I so so agree. We have every right to feel how we feel about Mal Young. He has no respect for Y & R's rich past or its legacy characters. He has no respect for fans who have invested 40 plus years in this show. He has no respect for the incredible actors who have given huge portions of their life to make Y & R what it is.
So excuse me...but I am going to continue to want "Mal's head on a plate" as you put it.

Great post !!!
And fans who defend this guy after everything he made lately aren't the YR fans. He ruined the show, ruins the characters, changes their backstory, disrespect the actors who have been loyal to YR.

Excuse me but I am a Y&R fan. I'm sorry that I'm not bent out of shape that Jack is not an Abbott by blood. The fact is that it makes sense because we all know that Dina was a trick back in the day hence why Ashley isn't a biological Abbott. I also never got an answer to what characters MY personally sidelined.

takerkid

Postby takerkid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Mamarose10 wrote:"Can you please explain to me what he has done to disrespect Y&R's rich past and veteran actors because I honestly don't see this egregious act he's committed and I've been watching the show on and off for 20 years."

Let's see, what has he done? How about: decimating the Abbott family and rewriting history to do so; bringing back a beloved character from the past, JT, and making him into some sort of psychopath; turning Victoria into a victim who is a shadow of her former self; engaging four main female characters in the quagmire of a concealed MURDER where they buried a man in a public park named for KATHERINE CHANCELLOR; back-burnering talented Y & R core characters like Michael, Lauren and Paul; driving away Mishael Morgan, Eileen Davidson and to a degree, Christel Khalil - because you will never convince me (so don't try to) that his leadership (or threats) is not responsible, at least on some level, for their decisions to leave or drop to recurring, and last but by far the worst - kicking to the curb a 40 year veteran and longest serving cast member of the show, Doug Davidson

Let's take each one of these one at a time. Decimating the Abbott family: He brought back Dina, Traci is appearing. Just because Jack isn't an Abbott biologically doesn't mean the family is destroyed. Ashley hasn't been one for decades and the family survived it.
JT: This will be the one place where I somewhat agree with you because the story wasn't done as good as it could have been. The change in JT happened too much offscreen.
Victoria: She's been a shell of herself for a long time now MY cannot be blamed for that.
The Women's "Murder" Club: This one smacks of hypocrisy. On one hand you want core characters front and center but then complain about the story. The fact is that it's not a murder hence the quotation marks around the word. Nikki killed him in defense of her daughter's life.
Back burnering characters: It's extremely unfair to blame the man for people who were on the back burner well before he got there still being on the back burner. That would be like blaming a police officer for a robbery that happened on his beat years before he became a cop.
People leaving or on recurring: You may not believe them but here the facts concerning the actors and actresses who's status changed: MCE wanted to do other things, ED wants to spend more time with her family and she's left like three times before so this just what she does, CK asked to go on recurring and they wanted her to be on more but she wanted fewer dates, MM was out of MY's control as Sony controls the money. You simply can't blame him for that.
Doug Davidson: I think he's a good actor and I like Paul but DD went into business for himself and created an unnecessary firestorm. He is still with the show. He's just on recurring and his filmed any episodes recently. He had no business going on Twitter and implying that he was let go. Let's be clear all this drama started because of his tweet not an official report. Now he has people whipped into a frenzy over nothing.

Mamarose10

Postby Mamarose10 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

takerkid wrote:
Mamarose10 wrote:"Can you please explain to me what he has done to disrespect Y&R's rich past and veteran actors because I honestly don't see this egregious act he's committed and I've been watching the show on and off for 20 years."

Let's take each one of these one at a time. Decimating the Abbott family: He brought back Dina, Traci is appearing. Just because Jack isn't an Abbott biologically doesn't mean the family is destroyed. Ashley hasn't been one for decades and the family survived it.
JT: This will be the one place where I somewhat agree with you because the story wasn't done as good as it could have been. The change in JT happened too much offscreen.
Victoria: She's been a shell of herself for a long time now MY cannot be blamed for that.
The Women's "Murder" Club: This one smacks of hypocrisy. On one hand you want core characters front and center but then complain about the story. The fact is that it's not a murder hence the quotation marks around the word. Nikki killed him in defense of her daughter's life.
Back burnering characters: It's extremely unfair to blame the man for people who were on the back burner well before he got there still being on the back burner. That would be like blaming a police officer for a robbery that happened on his beat years before he became a cop.
People leaving or on recurring: You may not believe them but here the facts concerning the actors and actresses who's status changed: MCE wanted to do other things, ED wants to spend more time with her family and she's left like three times before so this just what she does, CK asked to go on recurring and they wanted her to be on more but she wanted fewer dates, MM was out of MY's control as Sony controls the money. You simply can't blame him for that.
Doug Davidson: I think he's a good actor and I like Paul but DD went into business for himself and created an unnecessary firestorm. He is still with the show. He's just on recurring and his filmed any episodes recently. He had no business going on Twitter and implying that he was let go. Let's be clear all this drama started because of his tweet not an official report. Now he has people whipped into a frenzy over nothing.

I guess we will have to agree to TOTALLY disagree. I could dispute every comment you are making but it would be fruitless. You are in MY's corner and clearly that is where you plan to stay. And that is your right.
I hope Y and R survives him but time will tell.

cards1

Postby cards1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Great post mamarose!

ITA. And add MCE/Chelsea and her finale S/L of stealing from her own business and hiding the cash in her bathroom wall.

I don't HATE Mal Young personally. However I do not like his style of writing nor the direction of his S/L's.

Likeyfan

Postby Likeyfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:15 pm

When I judge MY, I start watching the ratings who never were so bad. SSM was fired for bad ratings. We know MY has stepped in the stories she tried to write. He backburned the characters she brought back where they belong, with a story and fair airtime. Of course, she didn't make of Philly her priority, the big obsession of MY.
When I read the Rosales family will bring up the ratings, :lol:
The majority of the fans resent this family. Their acting is questionable. They look like the Adams family. And if they want the fans accept this family, the last thing to make is to phase out the vets.

Likeyfan

Postby Likeyfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:21 pm

cards1 wrote:

Great post mamarose!

ITA. And add MCE/Chelsea and her finale S/L of stealing from her own business and hiding the cash in her bathroom wall.

I don't HATE Mal Young personally. However I do not like his style of writing nor the direction of his S/L's.

Yes, exactly !!!
And MCE left b/c she wasn't happy with the show. And she hated her exit storyline.
I don't hate Mal Young personally, I don't take care about him personally, I dislike MY for ruining this show, by using YR to make his own, for disrespecting Bill Bell and the actors who worked to make this show successful.

takerkid

Postby takerkid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Mamarose10 wrote:
takerkid wrote:

I guess we will have to agree to TOTALLY disagree. I could dispute every comment you are making but it would be fruitless. You are in MY's corner and clearly that is where you plan to stay. And that is your right.
I hope Y and R survives him but time will tell.

Yes we will because I am an MY fan. For me Lynn Marie Latham is and will always be the worst writer in Y&R's history. She destroyed the character of Sheila by being in such a hurry to get her back on the canvas that she couldn't wait until Kimberlin Brown healed from a broken leg and made Michelle Stafford assume the role with the story that Sheila had plastic surgery to look like Phyllis. The real clincher for me though was the whole "Brad Carlton is Jewish and has Nazis after him". Talk about a back story that came out of no-damn-where. At least Jack's story makes sense with the show's history i.e. Dina's known ho-ishness and Ashley's paternity.

clicquot1

Postby clicquot1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:33 pm

LMBO! fans just can't STAND what this "writer" from across the pond has done to Y&R!

2 bring in NEW characters at the expense of vets who helped MAKE Y&R #1 is just ridic! :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :evil: :evil:

There are some vets that are NOT my faves(but they have fans that MISS them)& should NOT be thrown away all because of newbies & or/this cough! cough! obsession with 1, 2, or 3 characters nasty sexcapades............................seems like they are the only ones allowed to have sex!

Bt. those 3/4 characters who are on everday & NOT bringing in the ratings & the mass exodus of talented actors/actresses either leaving on their own, being fired err. let go, or going part time...........................................peeps are leaving in droves or just palin tuning OUT!

In the last several months ...................................I along with many, many, many fans don't even bother to post on this MB!

WHY?

The show is MOSTLY CRAP........................................& when that happens....................................why bother? 8-) ;)

Here's hoping the DD backlash is swift & does the job!

Hang in there DD.........................................U are MISSED!

And really............................show finally attempts a LGBTQ s/l and does a HORRIBLE job at it!

maybe the writers should WATCH DOOL's & they see how it's done! 8-) ;)

takerkid

Postby takerkid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:46 pm

clicquot1 wrote:LMBO! fans just can't STAND what this "writer" from across the pond has done to Y&R!

2 bring in NEW characters at the expense of vets who helped MAKE Y&R #1 is just ridic! :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :evil: :evil:

There are some vets that are NOT my faves(but they have fans that MISS them)& should NOT be thrown away all because of newbies & or/this cough! cough! obsession with 1, 2, or 3 characters nasty sexcapades............................seems like they are the only ones allowed to have sex!

Bt. those 3/4 characters who are on everday & NOT bringing in the ratings & the mass exodus of talented actors/actresses either leaving on their own, being fired err. let go, or going part time...........................................peeps are leaving in droves or just palin tuning OUT!

In the last several months ...................................I along with many, many, many fans don't even bother to post on this MB!

WHY?

The show is MOSTLY CRAP........................................& when that happens....................................why bother? 8-) ;)

Here's hoping the DD backlash is swift & does the job!

Hang in there DD.........................................U are MISSED!

And really............................show finally attempts a LGBTQ s/l and does a HORRIBLE job at it!

maybe the writers should WATCH DOOL's & they see how it's done! 8-) ;)

I'll this again. DD created drama and an issue where there was none. As far as the Messa story goes the story could have been far less messy than it has been. The time is issue was probably beyond his control but the Noah part could've been handled better. At least he brought the journal aspect full circle so I'll give him credit for that.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”