This Hatred for Mal Young is Out of Control

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
takerkid

Re: This Hatred for Mal Young is Out of Control

Postby takerkid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:25 am

Likeyfan wrote:Yes, NJ SOAP LADY, the dislikes of hlm is what you mentioned but other things to like not respecting the story of the show, ignoring vets who are beloved characters, changing the story of these characters like Jack not being an Abbott, obsessing on characters and couples like Phyllis, Phyllis, lying to us in his interviews and what it happened lately with Doug totally pissed ther fans out.

Yes, the hatred orf him is more than justified. But Angelina McDaniel seems Steve Kent are one problem too.

Yes

I wonder if Bill Bell got this much flack 25-30 years ago when revealed Ashley wasn't an Abbott? Again when did he lie and in what interview because that's a serious allegation. As far as Doug Davidson goes I explained in another post that he's simply on recurring. He really started something on Twitter that he had no business doing by implying that he had been let go when the fact is he hasn't filmed any episodes but he's still with the show.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:45 am

All these regimes got the same hatred. MY is the 5th head writer/executive producer Y&R has had in the past 10 years!

1. LML
2. SSM
3 JFP
4 MAB

Whoever comes after Mal Young will get the same hatred. The question is how much of a pain in the butt has this TV show become to Sony.

Likeyfan

Postby Likeyfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 pm

takerkid wrote:
Likeyfan wrote:Yes, NJ SOAP LADY, the dislikes of hlm is what you mentioned but other things to like not respecting the story of the show, ignoring vets who are beloved characters, changing the story of these characters like Jack not being an Abbott, obsessing on characters and couples like Phyllis, Phyllis, lying to us in his interviews and what it happened lately with Doug totally pissed ther fans out.

Yes, the hatred orf him is more than justified. But Angelina McDaniel seems Steve Kent are one problem too.

Yes

I wonder if Bill Bell got this much flack 25-30 years ago when revealed Ashley wasn't an Abbott? Again when did he lie and in what interview because that's a serious allegation. As far as Doug Davidson goes I explained in another post that he's simply on recurring. He really started something on Twitter that he had no business doing by implying that he had been let go when the fact is he hasn't filmed any episodes but he's still with the show.

I said that, I said that... this show isn't about you.
You don't run this show, then you don't know more than others.
Recurring is the new way of firing the people. Doug works on this show since 40 years and he knows they will not utilize him, he knows better than you.
MY is a liar,. When he became HW, he said he'd write for the characters who are on the show and they wouldn't bring back some newbies, at least that fits in a story and that would be for a short time. When the story would be over, head get rid of this character.

And please, make something for me, it's my birthday very soon, stop to quote my posts since your goal is to defend MY. Bye

Mamarose10

Postby Mamarose10 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Likeyfan wrote:No it's justified and deserved. It's only because fans hate one story or one character, it's because this guy ruined the show. He hasn't some respect for the show, Bill Bell who created this show, for the actors who helped this show to be successful. He lied to the fans, ignored the fanbases. He pissed out a lot of fanbases. Frankly il so delighted to see the people on Twitter going after him.

I so so agree. We have every right to feel how we feel about Mal Young. He has no respect for Y & R's rich past or its legacy characters. He has no respect for fans who have invested 40 plus years in this show. He has no respect for the incredible actors who have given huge portions of their life to make Y & R what it is.
So excuse me...but I am going to continue to want "Mal's head on a plate" as you put it.

takerkid

Postby takerkid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Mamarose10 wrote:
Likeyfan wrote:No it's justified and deserved. It's only because fans hate one story or one character, it's because this guy ruined the show. He hasn't some respect for the show, Bill Bell who created this show, for the actors who helped this show to be successful. He lied to the fans, ignored the fanbases. He pissed out a lot of fanbases. Frankly il so delighted to see the people on Twitter going after him.

I so so agree. We have every right to feel how we feel about Mal Young. He has no respect for Y & R's rich past or its legacy characters. He has no respect for fans who have invested 40 plus years in this show. He has no respect for the incredible actors who have given huge portions of their life to make Y & R what it is.
So excuse me...but I am going to continue to want "Mal's head on a plate" as you put it.

Can you please explain to me what he has done to disrespect Y&R's rich past and veteran actors because I honestly don't see this egregious act he's committed and I've been watching the show on and off for 20 years

Mamarose10

Postby Mamarose10 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:02 pm

And just to add...MY is a liar. I well remember an article that came out around the time he took control. He boasted he would bring the Abbott family back together around the Abbott breakfast table. Instead he has torn them asunder in the cruelest way - by making Jack no longer his father's son. And in so doing also ripping Jack's offspring, Kyle and Kemo, from the family tree. He has torpedoed the Abbott family - not brought them back together.

Likeyfan

Postby Likeyfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Mamarose10 wrote:

Great post !!!
And fans who defend this guy after everything he made lately aren't the YR fans. He ruined the show, ruins the characters, changes their backstory, disrespect the actors who have been loyal to YR.

Likeyfan

Postby Likeyfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Mamarose10 wrote:And just to add...MY is a liar. I well remember an article that came out around the time he took control. He boasted he would bring the Abbott family back together around the Abbott breakfast table. Instead he has torn them asunder in the cruelest way - by making Jack no longer his father's son. And in so doing also ripping Jack's offspring, Kyle and Kemo, from the family tree. He has torpedoed the Abbott family - not brought them back together.

Yes he's the worst HW YR has had, he makes Chuck Pratt look like a saint. He needs to be fired before it's too late.

dawn888

Postby dawn888 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Likeyfan wrote:
Mamarose10 wrote:And just to add...MY is a liar. I well remember an article that came out around the time he took control. He boasted he would bring the Abbott family back together around the Abbott breakfast table. Instead he has torn them asunder in the cruelest way - by making Jack no longer his father's son. And in so doing also ripping Jack's offspring, Kyle and Kemo, from the family tree. He has torpedoed the Abbott family - not brought them back together.

Yes he's the worst HW YR has had, he makes Chuck Pratt look like a saint. He needs to be fired before it's too late.

:lol: he really does make Pratt look like a saint.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Ok MY gets fired just like LML, SSM, MAB, and JFP. What does the new writer do with characters that have been on the show for DECADES? The bigger question is WHO is going to tune in everyday to watch them?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”