Drew’s birthday

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
centrd

Re: Drew’s birthday

Postby centrd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:21 am

Rosesareblue wrote:
centrd wrote:
Lizzytish wrote:I wondered where Jason was too. Pretty odd since Monica gave the party.

According to Silly String (and I do vaguely remember this as well) Jason celebrates his birthday on the anniversary of the car crash when Jason Quartermaine died and Jason Morgan was born.

A slap in the face of his mother (just a bit :shock: ), but oh well, she's accomodating. Even if Monica didn't give birth to him, she did celebrate all those birthdays with him growing up. That whole relationship is still kind of sad.

that is so odd to me jason would do that i do not understand that , when someone does that is like saying i do not want to know anything about my past , where with drew and monica their relationship feels more connected whenever i see them on screen together they look like real mother and son .jason still acts like a stranger around the Q's its so annoying

You'd think he'd get over it by now. And he has to an extent. One thing I learned is that no matter how old we get, in many ways, people still act like children around their parents. lol.

bellasmema

Postby bellasmema » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:50 am

lilmom8553 wrote:
bellasmema wrote:Today is also my granddaughter's 11 b-day.
She had to celebrate it inside because of the hurricane.

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter, bellasmema! Hope you all stay safe! :)

Thanks, everything good here so far.
East coast is taking a beating.

Aplepie

Postby Aplepie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 pm

.jason still acts like a stranger around the Q's its so annoying[/quote]

I think Jason's relationship with the Q's is difficult. I think he believes that they miss and grieve Jason Q, and that Jason M is a disappointment to them. He doesn't have the emotional capacity to rebuild Jason Q's life connections. He is capable of love (think Sam, Carly, Michael, Morgan, Courtney, Sonny) but pieces of his mind are gone so he is a different person now. I do want to see him connect with Drew.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Aplepie wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:jason still acts like a stranger around the Q's its so annoying

I think Jason's relationship with the Q's is difficult. I think he believes that they miss and grieve Jason Q, and that Jason M is a disappointment to them. He doesn't have the emotional capacity to rebuild Jason Q's life connections. He is capable of love (think Sam, Carly, Michael, Morgan, Courtney, Sonny) but pieces of his mind are gone so he is a different person now. I do want to see him connect with Drew.

It's really weird because Monica is so accepting of any family. Look how she took Drew under her wing immediately, no questions asked. I don't know how Jason can't want that in his life. In any other case, I'd speculate that deep down maybe he doesn't feel worthy? But he hasn't indicated that in any other way, in fact, he says he has no regrets about anything he's done and consistently acts like it. So I don't know why he keeps Monica at such a distance.

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:47 pm

If Monica wanted Jason there, all she would have had to do was invite his two sons and he would have showed.
She doesn't get him.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm

I'm sure she's been rejected enough times to know better. Monica is sensitive when it comes to her family and she clearly tries to respect Jason's wishes.

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:06 pm

When Jason was being held by Peter for FIVE YEARS, he didn't know Danny was his because of Franco and he hadn't been a parent to Jake.

Being given a second chance , he's totally trying to be a father to his boys.
If Monica had TRIED to include Jake and Danny into the birthday celebration Jason would have been there for his sons.

Monica now has Drew who is really not related to her in anyway , replacing the child she raised. ( Jason ).
Drew never knew Alan ( not his fault of course ) and was not even with Monica when Drew came on the scene.
The most Monica is to Drew is, a woman who was married to the man that fathered him that he never knew.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:26 pm

ransomha wrote:When Jason was being held by Peter for FIVE YEARS, he didn't know Danny was his because of Franco and he hadn't been a parent to Jake.

If Monica had TRIED to include Jake and Danny into the birthday celebration Jason would have been there for his sons.

Monica now has Drew who is really not related to her in anyway , replacing the child she raised. ( Jason ).
Drew never knew Alan ( not his fault of course ) and was not even with Monica when Drew came on the scene.
The most Monica is to Drew is, a woman who was married to the man that fathered him that he never knew.

This is a soap. People claim grown children and love them all the time. Monica's carrying on that great Quartermaine tradition. How many people did Edward claim who then became Quartermaines in every way that matters?

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 pm

centrd wrote:
ransomha wrote:When Jason was being held by Peter for FIVE YEARS, he didn't know Danny was his because of Franco and he hadn't been a parent to Jake.

This is a soap. People claim grown children and love them all the time. Monica's carrying on that great Quartermaine tradition. How many people did Edward claim who then became Quartermaines in every way that matters?

"It's a soap? " Thanks, but i know that...

Good thing Alan had so many affairs during his marriage to Monica that produced children so Monica can fill up those bedrooms. Kinda sad and kinda pathetic....

lilmom8553

Postby lilmom8553 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:10 pm

ransomha wrote:
centrd wrote:

Drew is related to Monica the same way Jason is related to Monica, wouldn't they BOTH be her stepsons? Jason grew up with Monica as his mom, I know, but Monica treats both of them equally as her sons. They're both Alan's sons so that's enough for Monica to love them both, IMO. :)

"It's a soap? " Thanks, but i know that...

Good thing Alan had so many affairs during his marriage to Monica that produced children so Monica can fill up those bedrooms. Kinda sad and kinda pathetic....

Return to “General Hospital”