Was Marlena replaced by Hattie?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
jellybeanexp

Re: Was Marlena replaced by Hattie?

Postby jellybeanexp » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:37 am

:roll: oh please writers, if Bon Bon is back so is Hattie. The writing (pun intended ) is on the wall. :roll: :roll:

DIYguy3

Postby DIYguy3 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Hattie did switch places with Marlena, but she never intended to kill Marlena. So, in this case, I can't believe the punishment (or karma) fits the crime. This is way too extreme.

If true, I hope Belle faces serious consequences with the law.

fightcrab wrote:
DIYguy3 wrote:I've seen no clues to support this theory.

The assumption (for me) was that this near-death experience was to stir up drama between the family members (and that's been great, btw) and Marlena would get a miracle recovery storyline.

Her shooting was a great catalyst to fuel more story; I don't think it's Hattie.

And I hope it isn't Hattie. That would be terrible! An innocent woman dying. :(

If she switched her place with Marlena then Hattie is not innocent. That's called karma.

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm

I read somewhere that the switch happened when Val picked her up for wedding and Val has no idea but not sure. However, I never for one.single.minute thought D. Hall was actually leaving Days. I think the show would fold without her!

DIYguy3

Postby DIYguy3 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:49 pm

Look, I love Dee Hall as much as the next Days fan, but it's worth noting that the show did fire her before. (Write out her character, really, but it's the same thing.) So I don't think the show would fold without her, but its heart would be missing.

JeanLou wrote:I read somewhere that the switch happened when Val picked her up for wedding and Val has no idea but not sure. However, I never for one.single.minute thought D. Hall was actually leaving Days. I think the show would fold without her!

QuinnFan31

Postby QuinnFan31 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 am

Who is Hattie? I am still new to days of our lives. When did character Hattie cone on this show? :?:

daysforever

Postby daysforever » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 am

If this is true, then great fun! Remember how Marlena's entrance to the wedding took forever? Well, maybe Hattie had Marlena kidnapped before the wedding and has her stashed away somewhere.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:27 am

I wasn't going to post, but this really bothers me. Usually I delete Days soon after watching the epi, but I saved the wedding one and watched part of it again tonight, and this switching places is wrong. Never has Hattie been just like Marlena. She has never had the quiet, elegant way about her, try as she might. Yet when she was looking at Will, who had stopped and seemed to freeze up, she asked if he was all right. He said yes, and he loved her. She mouthed "I love you," in a manner that Hattie could never do. Then she was talking to John in her almost tearful, dreamy way, which is pure Marlena. When Hattie has pretended to be Mar, most people seemed perplexed that she'd say or act a strange way. Now all of a sudden she has her Marlena impersonation down pat?

Also, how did she get out of prison? And wasn't she crushing on Roman, not John? Idk, I'm not liking this. The only thing I'll give kudos to is the performance that each actor did, knowing that this was a ruse. They truly were anguished and grieving very believably.

Kerrbear

Postby Kerrbear » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 am

lurker girl wrote:I wasn't going to post, but this really bothers me. Usually I delete Days soon after watching the epi, but I saved the wedding one and watched part of it again tonight, and this switching places is wrong. Never has Hattie been just like Marlena. She has never had the quiet, elegant way about her, try as she might. Yet when she was looking at Will, who had stopped and seemed to freeze up, she asked if he was all right. He said yes, and he loved her. She mouthed "I love you," in a manner that Hattie could never do. Then she was talking to John in her almost tearful, dreamy way, which is pure Marlena. When Hattie has pretended to be Mar, most people seemed perplexed that she'd say or act a strange way. Now all of a sudden she has her Marlena impersonation down pat?

Also, how did she get out of prison? And wasn't she crushing on Roman, not John? Idk, I'm not liking this. The only thing I'll give kudos to is the performance that each actor did, knowing that this was a ruse. They truly were anguished and grieving very believably.

She gets switched at the hospital. It was Marlena at the wedding.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:41 am

Kerrbear wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I wasn't going to post, but this really bothers me. Usually I delete Days soon after watching the epi, but I saved the wedding one and watched part of it again tonight, and this switching places is wrong. Never has Hattie been just like Marlena. She has never had the quiet, elegant way about her, try as she might. Yet when she was looking at Will, who had stopped and seemed to freeze up, she asked if he was all right. He said yes, and he loved her. She mouthed "I love you," in a manner that Hattie could never do. Then she was talking to John in her almost tearful, dreamy way, which is pure Marlena. When Hattie has pretended to be Mar, most people seemed perplexed that she'd say or act a strange way. Now all of a sudden she has her Marlena impersonation down pat?

That could make sense, so would that mean that Marlena is still on life support?

Shadowcat99

Postby Shadowcat99 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:40 am

YandR and Days wrote:
Kerrbear wrote:

That could make sense, so would that mean that Marlena is still on life support?

Yes. According to the previews in Soap Opera Digest and Days Cafe, they were switched in the hospital and the real Marlena is in a secret room still on life support. It seems that John and Roman concocted the plan together.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”