Was that the NuJordan?

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Dberels16

Re: Was that the NuJordan?

Postby Dberels16 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:08 pm

It’s been widely known in the soap opera media that Vanessa was leaving due to a new series. Nicole was also criticized before she even aired because her skin wasn’t dark enough, so really do we need a formal announcement? I like her already. Serious, business focused. Yes, it will be interesting to see how she interacts with Curtis, Stella, and TJ.

Valentine14

Postby Valentine14 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:38 pm

soulofgh wrote:Briana Nicole Henry. I like her, very business, serious! :D :D She works well with Margaux.

I think she did great! Good actress

soulofgh

Postby soulofgh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:39 am

CdaFanEN wrote:
soulofgh wrote:
eli10 wrote:It would have been nice if ABC/GH had announced the recast like they usually do but didn't do it for this one. I know all soaps are on a cost cutting budget but really :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
IKR :roll: no announcement, bam she was there, where's Jordan? :?: :lol: I do like nuJordanBriana Nicole Henry. :D

Right?!? The lack of the usual "The role of.." announcement didn't feel right to me. I also liked her so far but it was such a short few scenes and she only interacted with Margaux so I am waiting to see how she interacts with the other characters/actors.

Luckily I am Canadian and I will get to see Vinessa Antoine in her new role leading a Canadian-made legal drama Diggstown on CBC :D Can't wait to see her!!
too early; we will see! Let's get nuJordan in her own SL. :D :D

anniece

Postby anniece » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:56 pm

NuJordan was treated like many other non whites on GH. Minimal story lines, little or no family base, since Mary Mae Ward. I welcome NuJordan, who to many like me, do not think she looks any more like OldJordan than Drew looked like Jason. I hope the writers and producers will advance to 2018 and give NuJordan and BTW Epiphany, a complete life that will keep the fans investing their time and energy into caring about what happens to them.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:05 pm

I agree. I think it was bizarre that they didn't announce the new actress playing Jordan. I don't recall them usually doing this. What's the deal, GH? Do they think people of color are just interchangeable and no one would notice the difference? Sheesh. (I doubt that was the intention, but still... :roll: )

soulofgh

Postby soulofgh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:27 am

So far NuJordan is good fit. Can't wait to see her with Curtis and (hopefully)planning their wedding! :D

TXproud

Postby TXproud » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:48 am

anniece wrote:NuJordan was treated like many other non whites on GH. Minimal story lines, little or no family base, since Mary Mae Ward. I welcome NuJordan, who to many like me, do not think she looks any more like OldJordan than Drew looked like Jason. I hope the writers and producers will advance to 2018 and give NuJordan and BTW Epiphany, a complete life that will keep the fans investing their time and energy into caring about what happens to them.

Excuse me... "non whites"???? I'm extremely disappointed in your decision to bring race into this discussion :( I'm a fan of the shows characters that I like....no matter their race or religion. Shame on you for that comment. :( And BTW, I'm 40% Native American so your race card doesn't hold water w/me!!
JMHO

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm

TXproud wrote:
anniece wrote:NuJordan was treated like many other non whites on GH. Minimal story lines, little or no family base, since Mary Mae Ward. I welcome NuJordan, who to many like me, do not think she looks any more like OldJordan than Drew looked like Jason. I hope the writers and producers will advance to 2018 and give NuJordan and BTW Epiphany, a complete life that will keep the fans investing their time and energy into caring about what happens to them.

Excuse me... "non whites"???? I'm extremely disappointed in your decision to bring race into this discussion :( I'm a fan of the shows characters that I like....no matter their race or religion. Shame on you for that comment. :( And BTW, I'm 40% Native American so your race card doesn't hold water w/me!!
JMHO

"SHAME" on her? Just because someone holds a certain opinion doesn't mean everyone else does, or that it's the only one that counts.

I'm blonde, blue-eyed and 50% NA and I know I have NO REAL idea what it's like to be a person of color in the US. Really bugs me when someone tells someone else how they should feel about their experience in life. If they want to bring race into EVERY conversation, it's their right. Just like it's other people's right to whine about it. And an endless number of other things.

Dexter Fan

Postby Dexter Fan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:55 pm

I just watched her on Fridays show! Boy it shocked me! I didn't hear , "the part will be played by" at all! And she sort of reminded me of Harry Belafonte around the eyes and face, more than his daughter Shari does! I found it hard to like her so soon, when I still miss the other Jordan! I will look for her new show whenever it's om,for sure!! :P :P

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Dexter Fan wrote:I just watched her on Fridays show! Boy it shocked me! I didn't hear , "the part will be played by" at all! And she sort of reminded me of Harry Belafonte around the eyes and face, more than his daughter Shari does! I found it hard to like her so soon, when I still miss the other Jordan! I will look for her new show whenever it's om,for sure!! :P :P

She does look a bit like him! She definitely reminds me of someone, just haven't placed it yet.

Return to “General Hospital”