The difference between us

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
Zippy200

Re: The difference between us

Postby Zippy200 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:32 am

I agree with a previous poster. I am sorry that I can't remember their name. But, I think we are going to find out that Hope spent some time in a mental institution while she was away. And part of the reason I believe that is because of the way that she relies on her mother to do her thinking for her. No one that dependent upon her mother could have spent three years away from her. I find it totally ludicrous that Hope could spout that garbage when she got pregnant out of wedlock with a man who already had a baby on the way and she spread her legs for that same man on a table at her place of business while his fiancé was at home taking care of their newborn. If I were a Hope fan, I would want it to come out that she had some issues so that her actions would make more sense. And Brooke's actions too, wanting to make sure that Hope got her way because she was afraid of what might happen if she didn't.

stargaze

Postby stargaze » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am

Hope claims her line is all about empowering women. Steffy says that she is also empowering women by showing them that motherhood does not have to change thinks. Steffy feels that by showing them that a single mother doesn't need a man to define her and that she can have a successful career that she is showing women an example of an empowered women.

Hope just sees "sex sells" and does not see anything empowering.

Hope says that her line stands for empowering women that have lost their self respect because of the world. The way they have been treated.

I must be deaf, dumb and blind because I fail to see how the clothes that Thorne designed sends that message. Are these poor women who have lost their self respect because of the way the world treated them suddenly suppose to feel respected if they purchase one of the stringy dresses or they receive a scarf from someone?

Hope claims that she is putting out good into the world. Perhaps the donations are helping those women that have lost their self respect but those donations are coming out of FC profits so in reality Steffy is part of the group that is putting the good out in to the world that you are claiming all the credit for.

I always feel that Hope sees herself as being generous, honorable, loving and giving, ethical, moral and she sees Steffy as trash but she does manage to admire her "fearlessness and her bravery" while implying that she has no morals for eithics.

Hope does not see herself for the person that she truly is, hypocrite (I support your marriage while telling Liam what a disgusting person his wife is), whinny (Ridge is unfair) (was held hostage in a gondola over 10 years ago), judgemental (Steffy), mean (Sally), passive agressive (she has Brooke do her bidding).

Izitjo

Postby Izitjo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:51 pm

stargaze wrote:
Izitjo wrote:Unfortunately for Hope alternative facts about these differences look no better than the actual differences.
Steffy has NEVER had sex with a married man or got pregnant.
That's a huge difference between talking about morals and exercising morals.

Years ago apparently Steffy went after married men but she never got to sleep with any of them. But Steffy did sleep with Bill while they were both technically married at the time. Brooke had walked out on Bill, Steffy had walked out on Liam. Steffy wasn't sure of her child's paternity which she kept from Liam. So Steffy's behaviour would never be deemed as moral. The difference is that this time Steffy was not pursuing a married man. She fell victim to her friend at a time when she was extremely vulnerable.

The way that Brooke talks you would think that Steffy had an ongoing affair with Bil. I don't know what Brooke means when she says that Steffy took up her mantra of sex sell but her line reflects her?

Bill wasn't maried to anyone, technically or otherwise. Bill has been divorced for two years. Which means...Steffy has NEVER slept with a married man and Hope has.

billsgal

Postby billsgal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:00 am

Izitjo wrote:
stargaze wrote:
Izitjo wrote:Unfortunately for Hope alternative facts about these differences look no better than the actual differences.
Steffy has NEVER had sex with a married man or got pregnant.
That's a huge difference between talking about morals and exercising morals.

Years ago apparently Steffy went after married men but she never got to sleep with any of them. But Steffy did sleep with Bill while they were both technically married at the time. Brooke had walked out on Bill, Steffy had walked out on Liam. Steffy wasn't sure of her child's paternity which she kept from Liam. So Steffy's behaviour would never be deemed as moral. The difference is that this time Steffy was not pursuing a married man. She fell victim to her friend at a time when she was extremely vulnerable.

The way that Brooke talks you would think that Steffy had an ongoing affair with Bil. I don't know what Brooke means when she says that Steffy took up her mantra of sex sell but her line reflects her?

Bill wasn't maried to anyone, technically or otherwise. Bill has been divorced for two years. Which means...Steffy has NEVER slept with a married man and Hope has.

no, brooke and ridge were living together but she was still married to bill. Bill signed the annulment papers after he and steffy had sex, steffy and bill were served annulment papers the same day by ridge and liam. That's why brooke exclaimed how could you do this to me, because bill was still her husband technically, while she was openly screwing ridge.

strangeland

Postby strangeland » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:18 am

bnb fan wrote:So, how has Hope represented HFTF? - she has charities, but i'm still not getting how her line is reaching out to so many?

What am I missing? Do the primitive dance moves at the fashion show attempt have some magical messages that are suppose to reach women in some way to give them strength to be a better them? Why hasn't anyone called Hope out on being pregnant and married to Liam who was just recently married to Steffy? Why hasn't any of this been raised as a concern to not spotlight Hope's line? Laying low for the reputation of Forrester Creations would hold much more weight at this point to 'non-businessminded' 'judgy judgers' - just saying

The thing that bugs me is that Steffy never claimed to be pure and innocent, so her selling a sexy line of clothes is in no way hypocritical.
Hope on the other hand has proven time and time again with her line that she can't walk the talk.

bnb fan

Postby bnb fan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:43 pm

strangeland wrote:
bnb fan wrote:So, how has Hope represented HFTF? - she has charities, but i'm still not getting how her line is reaching out to so many?

What am I missing? Do the primitive dance moves at the fashion show attempt have some magical messages that are suppose to reach women in some way to give them strength to be a better them? Why hasn't anyone called Hope out on being pregnant and married to Liam who was just recently married to Steffy? Why hasn't any of this been raised as a concern to not spotlight Hope's line? Laying low for the reputation of Forrester Creations would hold much more weight at this point to 'non-businessminded' 'judgy judgers' - just saying

The thing that bugs me is that Steffy never claimed to be pure and innocent, so her selling a sexy line of clothes is in no way hypocritical.
Hope on the other hand has proven time and time again with her line that she can't walk the talk.

Yeah, the writing is just stupid. I've lost interest in the show.

denjayisi

Postby denjayisi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:14 am

Bottom line - Hope's line is carp, Steffy's line sells.
Money talks, carp walks. Buh-bye Hope.

Steffy certainly told Hope off. Tell me, why does Hope hang around Steffy so much? Jealousy, maybe?

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”