Intimates Profits....My thougts

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
billsgal

Re: Intimates Profits....My thougts

Postby billsgal » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm

dew drops wrote:
JackyMack wrote:
beckers wrote:Since the Intimates line is so successful, I think Steffy will be making contributions to the charities which HFTF donates too.

I also think she will do without telling anyone but Ridge. She will make Ridge keep it between the two of them.

ROTFLMAO....STEFFY...THE SELFISH ONE, THE SELF CENTERED ONE? :roll:

i agree ridge and steffy will make contributions but only because of the backlash from the different charities involved :!: hope was the first of the extent family to come up with the idea of designing a line where a proportion of the profits went to charities. the only other family members who give tirelessly to their cause is kristen and tony which is battling the heartbreaking results of aids around the world :!:

No, hope wasn't. Stephanie had tied donations to cancer to previous lines. When Thomas was acting CEO, he gave caroline 2 a line and 5% of the profits were to go for cancer, thomas donated a percentage of his profits from taboo to charity. Not only did Caroline 2 use profits but she held a fundraiser and solicited donations from family and friends, I remember clearly that bill was looking for caroline at fc to give her his check when he ran into brooke who asked him to talk to her for a moment, she then proceeded to remind him about the balloon ride, it was around the time she had lost their child, so she told him. FC in the past did whole fashion shows for charity when hope was a child. It's always amazing that so many want to give her credit for things that aren't true. Stephanie had always been a big philanthropist and throughout the show it was talked about how many people came to love her because she was such a good woman. Unlike Brooke, almost all of Stephanie's main rivals came to love her and became her best buddies.

LadyPooh34

Postby LadyPooh34 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm

strangeland wrote:
beckers wrote:Since the Intimates line is so successful, I think Steffy will be making contributions to the charities which HFTF donates too.

I also think she will do without telling anyone but Ridge. She will make Ridge keep it between the two of them.

Companies usually have a pool of money for charities that come out of the profits of the entire company. It makes no sense to limit or divide charitable contributions. Our company donates a lot of money to the local united way, and will match each employee contribution above the set contribution of the company. For example, say they give $100,000 then they will state that they will match employee contributions up to say an additional $100,000 making the limit to $300,000 for the company with the employee input.

I'm sure FC is giving their share. Hope decided on her own to add to that from her line. That should be a management call. If Hope wants to give, she should do it out of her own pocket, not company funds.

Exactly that part.

myfavs100

Postby myfavs100 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Am I the only one who remembers the teenage girl who idolized Hope, and the girl's mother, telling off Hope when they learned about her behavior?

beckers

Postby beckers » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 pm

I have noted that whenever Liam or Hope talk about donating money to charity it always seems to be someone else money that they are using to do good and not their own personal funds.[/quote]

FC was already doing it, but was it from Steffy's own initiative? Steffy said she understood Liam's good will for SP employees and the world, but secretly ran back and told Bill all about it behind Liam's back.[/quote]

This conversation took place in Bill's office between Bill, Wyatt, and Liam. Steffy stopped by and listened to the conversation. She said FC has a foundation which they make charity contributions. Steffy suggested Liam talk to Eric since he oversees the foundation. So no Steffy did not run to Bill behind Liam's back.

Zippy200

Postby Zippy200 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:47 pm

I remember that scandal myfavs100. That was right after Brooke had her take drugs and give up her virginity to a married Liam. The press sure ran with that one and the humiliation that it caused Hope contributed to her drug use.

Stubby

Postby Stubby » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:48 am

myfavs100 wrote:Am I the only one who remembers the teenage girl who idolized Hope, and the girl's mother, telling off Hope when they learned about her behavior?

I remember it, like it was yesterday.

LadyPooh34

Postby LadyPooh34 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 pm

myfavs100 wrote:Am I the only one who remembers the teenage girl who idolized Hope, and the girl's mother, telling off Hope when they learned about her behavior?

Nope you are not alone.

Lady Jana

Postby Lady Jana » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Polynesia wrote:

I agree, first of all, Hope bragging about her charities is A BIG NO-NO. It is not considered charity when you are doing it for your own gain and self adulation.
Steffy is all class and would not brag about her charities or do it so she can make herself look good.

@@@@@@@@

I agree! ;) ;) ;)

Ladyking

Postby Ladyking » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Steffy already know that Forrester Creations donate to charities, never understood why Hope think she is doing some fabulous thing by giving to charities....... What Hope is doing is doubling the money that is going out to charties.

Forrester Creations Donate to Charities
When Steffy was married to Wyatt and Liam was trying to get Spencer Publication involved in giving to his charity foundation he wanted to start to throw himself into work to get over Steffy...... Wyatt and Bill laugh at him and Steffy spoke up and told him to get with her Grandfather and father because already donate and they will more than likely go with him....... and she thought it was a good thing.....

Hope need to just go a set down and try to not spend money she does not have...HFTF where is the profit from the showing.... ordering expensive fabric and no money to pay for it.....smh

Izitjo

Postby Izitjo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Lynn1216 wrote:
Penny_G wrote:

I don't see that happening at all. Steffy has never been known to be philanthropic. If she starts now, it's because she's trying to impress Liam because that's what he cares about.

Caring about others has never been a part of who Steffy is. If and that is a big IF lol she decided to give to charities she definitely wouldn’t keep quiet about it . She would insert it into her speech that she gives on a daily basis ..... “ I chose me , I don’t need a man , oh and I gave money to charity” :lol:

If that was "never part of who Steffy is" Hope would still be stoned atop some mountain. :lol:

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”