I still can not watch the show! Eileen....you will be missed!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Kelby

I still can not watch the show! Eileen....you will be missed!

Postby Kelby » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Knowing that Ashley is leaving makes me sad. This is Eileen Davidson's permanent dwelling as far as I am concerned. I tried watching on Friday. I could not do it. I watched Ashley's scenes. I do not know why Cane is still there. Go away. He never should have been in the first place. Just hearing the dialogue of Jack not being an Abbott irritated me. I think that awful and completely unbelievable story of J.T. being a bad guy/buried alive still going on? That farce of a tale is what completely turned me off of the show again. I was getting back into Y&R when Sally Sussman was writing it and then she left. Mal seemed alright at first and now what. Shame. I wish Bill Bell could divinely inspire from the grave. I never missed an episode of Y&R when he wrote it. He was that good. Thanks for your hard work lady. I hope to see you back home soon.

MissKitty13

Re: I still can not watch the show! Eileen....you will be missed!

Postby MissKitty13 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 am

Kelby wrote:Knowing that Ashley is leaving makes me sad. This is Eileen Davidson's permanent dwelling as far as I am concerned. I tried watching on Friday. I could not do it. I watched Ashley's scenes. I do not know why Cane is still there. Go away. He never should have been in the first place. Just hearing the dialogue of Jack not being an Abbott irritated me. I think that awful and completely unbelievable story of J.T. being a bad guy/buried alive still going on? That farce of a tale is what completely turned me off of the show again. I was getting back into Y&R when Sally Sussman was writing it and then she left. Mal seemed alright at first and now what. Shame. I wish Bill Bell could divinely inspire from the grave. I never missed an episode of Y&R when he wrote it. He was that good. Thanks for your hard work lady. I hope to see you back home soon.

+++++
I know what you are saying but Eileen HAS left the show several times before for her own personal reasons. I always miss her too when she is gone. Maybe she will be back one day. :cry:

minewrx

Postby minewrx » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm

I will miss her too. Eileen has been on the show so long, she is like an old friend.

Mamarose10

Postby Mamarose10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Kelby wrote:Knowing that Ashley is leaving makes me sad. This is Eileen Davidson's permanent dwelling as far as I am concerned. I tried watching on Friday. I could not do it. I watched Ashley's scenes. I do not know why Cane is still there. Go away. He never should have been in the first place. Just hearing the dialogue of Jack not being an Abbott irritated me. I think that awful and completely unbelievable story of J.T. being a bad guy/buried alive still going on? That farce of a tale is what completely turned me off of the show again. I was getting back into Y&R when Sally Sussman was writing it and then she left. Mal seemed alright at first and now what. Shame. I wish Bill Bell could divinely inspire from the grave. I never missed an episode of Y&R when he wrote it. He was that good. Thanks for your hard work lady. I hope to see you back home soon.

I so totally agree. I hate hate hate seeing Eileen leave and I hate the back burner-ing of so many core characters like Michael, Lauren, Jill, Esther and Paul. Having four lead female characters involved in something as unsavory and heinous as killing a man and burying his body in a public park...it is beyond bizarre and distasteful. And they buried him Katherine's park no less...ugh. And don't even get me started on the decimation of the Abbott family. Jack is John Abbott's son! Nothing will ever change that for me. I hate that story line and so many of the others taking place now. Make it stop!

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:09 pm

Mamarose10 wrote:

I so totally agree. I hate hate hate seeing Eileen leave and I hate the back burner-ing of so many core characters like Michael, Lauren, Jill, Esther and Paul. Having four lead female characters involved in something as unsavory and heinous as killing a man and burying his body in a public park...it is beyond bizarre and distasteful. And they buried him Katherine's park no less...ugh. And don't even get me started on the decimation of the Abbott family. Jack is John Abbott's son! Nothing will ever change that for me. I hate that story line and so many of the others taking place now. Make it stop!

Lauren, Jill and Paul are some of the most iconic and interesting characters on the show. The fact that they do not have any story is ridiculous. They are their children should have much story. I have disapproved of much of the writing for the last fifteen, twenty years. Lauren and Jill being sisters being sisters. Katherine and Jill being mother and daughter. And then not. LOL Paul's family not being present at all. And when they were, it was for two seconds. The writers of all this time have essentially ruined everything good about the show. They made a joke of the entire program. So many mistakes. I do not know how they could possibly fix it. They could try to make it like it used to be. You know. Realistic and character driven. But, I think that is too difficult for them. I am still waiting.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”