Lilly and the guy driving the truck

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
jonny0123

Lilly and the guy driving the truck

Postby jonny0123 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but I couldn't find a thread on this exact topic.

Could someone please refresh my memory? Didn't Lilly finger "the guy driving the truck" as the person responsible for the accident to the police?

I know I missed an episode. Did Cane, Lilly or anyone else ever mention this driver when they were talking about Lilly turning himself in? Was there any mention of the police wanting to arrest this truck driver?

Also, don't even get me started on the incompetence of the police department - we're suppose to believe that a police department wouldn't interview everyone involved/witnessed an accident that killed a woman and an unborn child? These writers are really dropping the ball on things. I think it would of been better to have Paul drop in on the funeral and haul Lilly out in handcuffs! Isn't this suppose to be a daytime drama - so how about some drama!

Acadia_ca

Re: Lilly and the guy driving the truck

Postby Acadia_ca » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Lily's statement to that female detective was that she was arguing with Hillary and then a truck suddenly came out of nowhere and at them.

At the time she didn't know she had run a red light.

The next time the truck driver was mentioned was when Paul went to Hamilton Winters to take Lily's new revised statement. After Paul heard her statement he looked at his tablet and said that her statement now corresponds with what the truck driver had said that it was your fault.

Before Charlie and Shauna told Lily that she ran a red light, she always assumed that it was the truck driver's fault.

jonny0123

Postby jonny0123 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks for the info - I think I missed the episode where Paul was interviewing her. Still doesn't make sense that the police never interviewed Charlie, since her was in the car. Oh well, there's not a lot of logic with the current writing staff - thanks again.

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:22 pm

It doesn't make sense that they had the truck driver's statement saying that Lily ran a red light and they didn't do anything with it until after Lily came to them days later and told them that she was told by her son that she ran a red light.

nytwhatevr

Postby nytwhatevr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:It doesn't make sense that they had the truck driver's statement saying that Lily ran a red light and they didn't do anything with it until after Lily came to them days later and told them that she was told by her son that she ran a red light.

Plus when someone was talking about her guilt and what she could be charged with--they said something about how she wasn't drunk. Well, how would the police know whether she was or wasn't since she was whisked right to the hospital, then released about ten minutes later without a police officer even talking to her. (We know she wasn't drunk, but if they had the truck driver telling them at the scene that she ran a red light, then she should have been questioned at the hospital==and could have taken a blood sample at that time.) Maybe they did and it was never discussed on camera?

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Lily didn't "recall" at first, I think, and she had said that "the truck came out of nowhere"...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”