Rich People Cheap Clothes

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Pravda

Rich People Cheap Clothes

Postby Pravda » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:36 pm

I am noticing that some of characters are slipping in the quality of their clothing. In Fridays opener, Devon had holes in the soles of his shoes and everything is ill fitted. Kyle's shoes didn't look like real leather, and Dr. Nate's sneakers looked like fake Gucci. Nick looks like a joke in a suit and he has a great physique.

Summer always looks like a cheap THOT! Victor wore a tuxedo with a regular dress shirt.

Billy always looks impeccable. He must wear his own clothes. Phyllis and Sharon and Gloria rock as well. Hilary and Lily Really bring it. Even Jack's mom looks regal.

C'mon wardrobe. I tune in for the fashion and you need to do better!!!!

NJenkins

Re: Rich People Cheap Clothes

Postby NJenkins » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Hmmm, I cannot imagine they are giving cheap...holy clothing to the cast. I just think our Y and R men and woman are gorgeous and take care of themselves I mean they are amazing!! Dedication keeps them looking like that. I have a true appreciation for it I really do because as I get older I try to do the same. As far as cheap clothes I disagree. I am not seeing what you are. ;)

Elba

Postby Elba » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 pm

I don't think the clothing is really that "cheap"...I did see some knock offs of designer clothing on some of the "ladies." But, I do question how "skimpy" the dresses and outfits look on Victoria...makes her look so much thinner. And the heiresses mostly look like "teeny-boppers" with their too short outfits, not age appropriate, instead of "elegant" ladies who dress appropriately for work, cocktail parties, charity events, etc. Money does not buy class! ;)

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:58 am

Maybe the actors are allowed to wear some of their own clothes? That could explain holes in the shoes.

TXproud

Postby TXproud » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 am

I watch for "the soap" (romance, storyline, acting, etc.) Do I like everything everyone wears? No...but, just because the "characters" are portrayed as rich doesn't mean they have to dress in designer clothes either. NO clothes are "cheap" these days but, they don't have to be designer clothes either....JMHO

JustOneView

Postby JustOneView » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 am

Soap creators don’t try the reality line often. Since they are concerned only about ratings and the bottom line on profitability, their priority is not to dress actors but particularly actresses business professionally.

Rather, many of the women are dressed to be “easy on the eyes” for both women viewers who yearn for their figures, and of course most men viewers. They are dressed in bikinis, revealing dresses and outfits in the office, and often look like they are on the way to a cocktail party at 10 am. Others I am convinced are dressed often to promote the latest styles of shoulderless blouses, some of which look like they are falling off.

Apart from Billy & Victor are dressed well; Devon & Nick, not so much. Must be writers way of saying “they are rich but don’t have to dress that way to be cool”. And what is the deal with the ongoing collarless shirts usually worn by Neil & Nick when not in a suit? Sometimes ok but not 90% of the time eh?

KANSAN

Postby KANSAN » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:52 pm

NJenkins wrote:Hmmm, I cannot imagine they are giving cheap...holy clothing to the cast. I just think our Y and R men and woman are gorgeous and take care of themselves I mean they are amazing!! Dedication keeps them looking like that. I have a true appreciation for it I really do because as I get older I try to do the same. As far as cheap clothes I disagree. I am not seeing what you are. ;)

I sure didn't see the opening where Devon had holes in the SOLES of his shoes! :o Maybe they were his fav 'hang out' shoes and he just forgot to change them before going on camera - lol

Return to “The Young and the Restless”