Why are Lani and Eli so boring?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Soapbaby71

Re: Why are Lani and Eli so boring?

Postby Soapbaby71 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:18 pm

ghfanfare wrote:They are both good looking people and decent actors. There is just no spark there at all and the scenes fall flat. Now that the baby drama has wrapped up, these two need a better story.

The reason they are so boring is b/c the chemistry is not there. They made a baby together out of anger. Lani should be with JJ, while Eli is still a player. This week was proof of that. Lani is grieving and he wants to have sex.

CanaryFan98

Postby CanaryFan98 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Soapbaby71 wrote:
ghfanfare wrote:They are both good looking people and decent actors. There is just no spark there at all and the scenes fall flat. Now that the baby drama has wrapped up, these two need a better story.

The reason they are so boring is b/c the chemistry is not there. They made a baby together out of anger. Lani should be with JJ, while Eli is still a player. This week was proof of that. Lani is grieving and he wants to have sex.

Eh No to Lani/JJ he did his time.

I do agree Eli isn't ready for a committed relationship but at the same time we don't know much about him either. I liked the bit of backstory we had with Sheila but then after that they just put him with Gabi.

Would've been nice if we knew about Eli's past love life.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:54 pm

They have to be two of the most boring characters on daytime. Not a fan of either. Good looking couple but zero substance and wooden acting abilities. Just not needed on the show.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 pm

CanaryFan98 wrote:Valerie is too vibrant for Abe and they have no chemistry either the only woman I thought Abe had any real chem with was Faye(Nicole and Brandon's mom) but they killed her.

Like Lexie they need a real love interest.

Abe is nice but that's about it.

However if they are going with Eli/Lani, Valerie and Abe need to break up.

IA about Valarie and Abe, BORING! She is such good actress, maybe Roman could find love with her! She needs more excitement than Honest Abe, she's HOT! :mrgreen:

CanaryFan98

Postby CanaryFan98 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
CanaryFan98 wrote:Valerie is too vibrant for Abe and they have no chemistry either the only woman I thought Abe had any real chem with was Faye(Nicole and Brandon's mom) but they killed her.

IA about Valarie and Abe, BORING! She is such good actress, maybe Roman could find love with her! She needs more excitement than Honest Abe, she's HOT! :mrgreen:

Roman is with Anna now. However I was hoping she would hook up with that guy that was ordering John to kill Steve.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 am

CanaryFan98 wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:

Roman is with Anna now. However I was hoping she would hook up with that guy that was ordering John to kill Steve.

I know Roman and Anna are suppose to be together, but where is Anna? I never see her around....

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:39 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:
JaggedEdge wrote:It's her not him. She's as boring as drying paint.

I do agree that ELANI is very very boring...no spark at all. I also agree here too, that Lani is a dry paint. No sass to her. Even Chloe is better than her! Too bad that Days got rid of Lucas...should have gotten rid of her :oops:

Yes, they should have because I like the actress but Lani is simply not a character who interests me. Lucas, on the other hand, is great. I could watch his scenes all day.

LuvsJason2

Postby LuvsJason2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:58 pm

I never liked Lani when she first came, she got all mad at JJ then she went after Bells husband Shawn knowing they were having problems but she just went in for the kill and Shawn tried to tell her nothing would come of them he was in love with bell,, she just was boring from the get go... truthfully..I think if she would have been wrote different she would be a good character to get in to.I seen her on a movie and a couple prime and she is good actress with out doubt....but them pairing her with Eli is so wrong on so many levels... those two do not fit....

SoapBox17

Postby SoapBox17 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:23 pm

They both need a drink or 2 cuz I can't watch them. I agree that they are both pretty good actors and Lani sure can cry...and cry....and cry.. but you can't cry everyday. Writers need to write her getting back to work and moving on..

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Yes they do and it starts with them not being forced into a pairing I cheered when she told him to watch himself. He wants Lani and she can barely stand him outside of David talk. He just doesn't seem to get it. He only has her attention when something bad is happening. I want Lani back with JJ. Give Eli some Horton duties.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”