Abigail Had DID But Gabi Knows What She's Doing

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
YandR and Days

Abigail Had DID But Gabi Knows What She's Doing

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 pm

I know all of the Abby Haters still blame Abby for having DID and say that she's using that as an excuse to get away with the things that she did, some even say she didn't have DID and Abby herself, did the things she did on purpose, BUT, if Gabi did change the paternity results, she is in her right, but revengeful mind and doing it out of revenge and pay back.

So I guess St. Gabi can go to the Dark Side too.

JeanLou

Re: Abigail Had DID But Gabi Knows What She's Doing

Postby JeanLou » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 pm

The dark side (of the force ;) ) is always more interesting anyway!!!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm

JeanLou wrote:The dark side (of the force ;) ) is always more interesting anyway!!!

I know! All actors that I've seen interviewed have said they'd rather play a villain!

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm not an Abby hater, even though MM bores me to death. Her DID is a very real mental illness, but it is a complicated condition which might confuse viewers as to how much or how little control Abby had over her alters. I'm of the opinion that she had hidden personalities that she was unaware of, so it wasn't her fault because she could hardly be blamed for having no clue the alters existed.

Gabi, OTOH, is mentally competent but appears to have vengeance on her mind. If she does things out of revenge, she does not get a pass. She's wrong, period.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 pm

lurker girl wrote:I'm not an Abby hater, even though MM bores me to death. Her DID is a very real mental illness, but it is a complicated condition which might confuse viewers as to how much or how little control Abby had over her alters. I'm of the opinion that she had hidden personalities that she was unaware of, so it wasn't her fault because she could hardly be blamed for having no clue the alters existed.

Gabi, OTOH, is mentally competent but appears to have vengeance on her mind. If she does things out of revenge, she does not get a pass. She's wrong, period.

Yep.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Oh but it’s going to get so interesting. :twisted:
Bring it on.

jay2186

Postby jay2186 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:14 pm

YandR and Days wrote:I know all of the Abby Haters still blame Abby for having DID and say that she's using that as an excuse to get away with the things that she did, some even say she didn't have DID and Abby herself, did the things she did on purpose, BUT, if Gabi did change the paternity results, she is in her right, but revengeful mind and doing it out of revenge and pay back.

My problem with the Abby character is that she NEVER faces the consequences for her actions and it seems that everyone is always coming to her rescue or giving her an excuse for what she does. When she lied about sleeping with Austin..Austin was blamed and made to look like the bad guy and Abby was made to look like the victim..the same happened with EJ he was a scoundrel and she this innocent naive girl who was taken advantaged by him which was clear to us that she wasnt. Sami wasn't even allowed to be angry because again Abby is an innocent girl who got taken advantaged of by the big bad EJ Dimera. Now present time she killed Andre and in her sickness she and Stefan framed Gabi..Gabi goes to prison almost dies and Abby is walking around free..she gets to go home to her son and husband even after she confesses. So is Gabi not allowed to be angry and hurt? she lost her company, went to prison..her daughter hates her, she almost died and now she finds out she might not be able to have kids. If that where me i would hate the world.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 pm

jay2186 wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:I know all of the Abby Haters still blame Abby for having DID and say that she's using that as an excuse to get away with the things that she did, some even say she didn't have DID and Abby herself, did the things she did on purpose, BUT, if Gabi did change the paternity results, she is in her right, but revengeful mind and doing it out of revenge and pay back.

My problem with the Abby character is that she NEVER faces the consequences for her actions and it seems that everyone is always coming to her rescue or giving her an excuse for what she does. When she lied about sleeping with Austin..Austin was blamed and made to look like the bad guy and Abby was made to look like the victim..the same happened with EJ he was a scoundrel and she this innocent naive girl who was taken advantaged by him which was clear to us that she wasnt. Sami wasn't even allowed to be angry because again Abby is an innocent girl who got taken advantaged of by the big bad EJ Dimera. Now present time she killed Andre and in her sickness she and Stefan framed Gabi..Gabi goes to prison almost dies and Abby is walking around free..she gets to go home to her son and husband even after she confesses. So is Gabi not allowed to be angry and hurt? she lost her company, went to prison..her daughter hates her, she almost died and now she finds out she might not be able to have kids. If that where me i would hate the world.

As I recall, Abby was found out about Austin, and Carrie slapped her into next week. Her family was shocked by Abs's behavior, too. Then EJ: He went to the cabin with the purpose of seducing Abby in order to get some info or something. She fell for it. And no, she did not start it. Then when Sami and EJ were on the outs, Abby and EJ went into lust again. Was she wrong? Maybe, maybe not. Now, when she was with Ben, she should have called it quits before hooking up with Chad, so that was her fault. Of course Gabi is allowed to be angry and hurt, even though the mental problems weren't Abby's fault. Gabi should be really mad at Stefan, and if she's plotting something against him, so be it. But I wish she'd just get her own company and make lots of money and show people she can be a success.

Kerrbear

Postby Kerrbear » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Idc About Abby enough to like or dislike her. But I would be of the same mind as Gabi on this one (in soapland anyway). She wasn't in her right mind bc of mental stress over Andre's murder, well she'd have a lot more stress coming.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 pm

jay2186 wrote:

Yep! That is how I see it! If Abby would have faced reality, I would not be upset with her. The problem is that the Hortons coddled her...she needs to struggle a bit to see the truth.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”