Deconstructing GH: Wishing Obrecht Put Peter and Us Out Of This Misery structing

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.

MarieDet

Re: Deconstructing GH: Wishing Obrecht Put Peter and Us Out Of This Misery structing

Postby MarieDet » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 am

I only agreed with one part:

However, the fact that it was a topic of casual conversation and was no big deal really annoyed viewers because it once again reflects that any crime Sonny and company commit is justifiable in some way, but anything done against them can never be forgiven nor forgotten. Hence why we hear about Ava and Morgan’s death non-stop.

This is why they need to seriously and for a long time, backburner Sonny and Carly. They are in almost every story and I can count on one hand the number of times in the last six months they have not infested and dominated every damn episode, boring beyond belief.

Anything without them, is at least a welcome relief from their ever present hateful, pretentious hypocrisy as they are the scum of the Earth.

Rosesareblue

Re: Deconstructing GH: Wishing Obrecht Put Peter and Us Out Of This Misery structing

Postby Rosesareblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:21 am

oh please spare me , this is not an article but personal opinions of jasam fans who had it in for peter from day one , who is rooting again for Obrecht? Im not , and so many others who feel the same,give me a break no one is rooting for this except crazy people who find people being tortured entertainment .

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Rosesareblue wrote:oh please spare me , this is not an article but personal opinions of jasam fans who had it in for peter from day one , who is rooting again for Obrecht? Im not , and so many others who feel the same,give me a break no one is rooting for this except crazy people who find people being tortured entertainment .

I'm amazed at how often I disagree with this column. He definitely seems to take the side of the more vocal fans, whether they represent ALL the fans or not. Often seems to look at stories superficially, or from his own preferences rather than from a more objective perspective. Maybe he's just got too many soaps to cover?

And seriously, pushing for vets to come back all the time? Does he understand the industry at all? Or that ratings drive everything? Or that the ONLY ratings that matter are the 18-49-year-olds who don't care about veteran actors? The network doesn't care about us oldsters because the advertisers don't. They're trying to snag and hook young viewers who will become loyal to their products. Old people are already loyal to products and don't buy as much stuff anyway. I wish sites like this would educate people a bit if they're going to be in the reporting on television business. Drives me crazy.

Rosesareblue

Postby Rosesareblue » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm

centrd wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:oh please spare me , this is not an article but personal opinions of jasam fans who had it in for peter from day one , who is rooting again for Obrecht? Im not , and so many others who feel the same,give me a break no one is rooting for this except crazy people who find people being tortured entertainment .

I'm amazed at how often I disagree with this column. He definitely seems to take the side of the more vocal fans, whether they represent ALL the fans or not. Often seems to look at stories superficially, or from his own preferences rather than from a more objective perspective. Maybe he's just got too many soaps to cover?

And seriously, pushing for vets to come back all the time? Does he understand the industry at all? Or that ratings drive everything? Or that the ONLY ratings that matter are the 18-49-year-olds who don't care about veteran actors? The network doesn't care about us oldsters because the advertisers don't. They're trying to snag and hook young viewers who will become loyal to their products. Old people are already loyal to products and don't buy as much stuff anyway. I wish sites like this would educate people a bit if they're going to be in the reporting on television business. Drives me crazy.

very well said you know how it works too bad some people don't like this writer, i sincerely hope writers of show dont fall for this hypocrisy and favoritsm some of these columners write about , i will call them out every chance i get , enough with it they need to grow up . i see same thing on youtube too supposedly its "GH" talk only to go on thier channel and the drew/peter bashing begins ,they keep it up it will backfire on them

Return to “General Hospital”