what did hope do

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
olivergeorge

Re: what did hope do

Postby olivergeorge » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I have been watching forever and do not remember ever hearing Hope tell Steffy that Ridge cared more about her than his daughter Steffy. Ridge was always sticking up for Steffy's manipulations(the gondola, Italy, etc).

J.K.

Postby J.K. » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 pm

With this only being a 30 minute show it is hard to have to many characters. So the men and women in the show are limited in significant others. With that being said I never understood why they had Steffy always chasing the other women men! I honestly don't remember a time Steffy had the attention of the guy first. I have stopped watching from time to time but it really didn't seem like I missed much! But I would have loved to see her with a man that only had eyes for her!!!!!!

I don't even fault her for wanting love in her life. What has always bothered me was the speed in which she feel in and out of love! I am a fan of determination but it was her cruelty that bothered me. When Bill was the man she wanted, she actually told Katie who was recovering from a heart condition that Bill was only with her because he pitied her! That was when Bill broke things off and sent Liam to the apartment to return his key. This is where Liam saves Steffy! And boom Good bye my love for Bill and Hello my love for Liam moment!!! Really that fast!!!!!!!

The whole Hope/Liam/Steffy love triangle could have been so much better if it wasn't a matter of minutes that Steffy feel out of love with Bill and into love with Liam. I often wondered if it was brain damage from hitting her head. I hated the manipulation that Bill And Steffy pulled on Hope and Liam But have to admit they were masters manipulators! But again Steffy wanted and Steffy fought dirty. It was cruel to leave Hope dangling in a gondola to watch Steffy marry the man Hope was engaged to only days before! Back then there was mix of supporters the justified and applauded her actions and supporters that were appalled! That really hasn't changed!

Now we have come full circle. Steffy screwed up literally lolol when she slept with Bill sending back into Hopes orbit! Only this time around Hope is not backing off and is equally determined to fight for the man she wants!

So I say if it was good for goose (Steffy) it is good for the gander (Hope)!! After all Hope learned to fight dirty from the best!

pyTse0010

Postby pyTse0010 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:27 pm

1inamealiea wrote:The answer to the original post is not one damn thing. Every man and I do mean EVERY man that Steffy has had on this show other than Rick and Bill was Hope’s man first !! Steffy can not resent Hope because of her relationship with Ridge nor can she base her hatred off of what two grown women allowed to have happen for over 20 years. If Taylor was foolish enough to wait in the wings while Ridge ran back and forth between her and Brooke that doesn’t have a damn thing to do with Hope. NOT ONE!! For those who are new to show let’s take a flashback of how Steffy and Liam became an item to begin with. Hope was with Liam. They became engaged. She was all of about 19. She wasn’t ready to have sex. Steffy on the other hand was all to willing. She couldn’t get Bill to leave Katie. She was depressed. Slipped in the bathtub, hit her head and almost drowned. Liam saved her and from that moment on she wasn’t going to rest until she had him. The rest is bad writing history!! I didn’t then nor do I now like the fact that Hoprnwas lambasted for being exactly what people in their 20s are confused and idealizing relationships and marriage. She wasn’t comfortable with having a sexual relationship before marriage because of the chaos and scandal she grew up with. She was pressured into a sexual relationship that she wasn’t ready for with a man she has been fixated on since. I don’t know why people are under the impression that Steffy is any more entitled to a man, marriage and nuclear family any more than Hope. Especially when she had the man and screwed his daddy the minute they had an issue. Let’s not forget the fact that she married him 5
Minutes after divorcing his brother who she waited all of about 5 minutes after Liam disappeared to start screwing. I’m so sick of excuses being made for Steffy. I hope the the gloves come off. Steffy used her first baby to get Liam when she interrupted that second wedding of Hope and Liam’s and this time Hope has a baby of her own. I say they have it out and may the best hussy win.

Great post! That is exactly the way I remember the story!

pyTse0010

Postby pyTse0010 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:42 pm

olivergeorge wrote:I have been watching forever and do not remember ever hearing Hope tell Steffy that Ridge cared more about her than his daughter Steffy. Ridge was always sticking up for Steffy's manipulations(the gondola, Italy, etc).

Because she didn't say it! Hope did say that you hate me because "DAD" choose my Mom over yours! Steffy said don't call him that! He is not your dad!

freesteffy

Postby freesteffy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Lynn1216 wrote:
freesteffy wrote:
jhaxx wrote:i have a question, before hope became so brazen as to go to steffy's home and have that conversation, what did she do to steffy to cause her to go after everyone she has shown any intrest in? ive been watching from day 1 and cant remember

Hope was constantly throwing at Steffy's face that Steffy's father, Ridge cared more about Hope than his own daughter, and she mocked Steffy when Bill decided to stay with Katie,.....Rick used Steffy and Brooke...don't even get me started with everything she did to Steffy's family so Steffy wanted revenge.

All of that happened after Steffy went after Oliver and Liam. Steffy hated Brooke and resented Hope so she went after Oliver, then it was Bill she wanted , and after that Liam was the man for her. All of these men had one thing in common they were with Logan women . Steffy was so jealous and angry that Ridge chose Brooke she took it out on Hope and Katie. Hope did nothing to Steffy , other then being Brooke's daughter , when Steffy decided Oliver should be with her.

No. Steffy went after Oliver and Liam BECAUSE of all that. Then she lost interest, was still all about Bill , was devastated over their break up till she fell and hit her head and it was all of sudden Liam

kijones68

Postby kijones68 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:15 pm

All of that happened after Steffy went after Oliver and Liam. Steffy hated Brooke and resented Hope so she went after Oliver, then it was Bill she wanted , and after that Liam was the man for her. All of these men had one thing in common they were with Logan women . Steffy was so jealous and angry that Ridge chose Brooke she took it out on Hope and Katie. Hope did nothing to Steffy , other then being Brooke's daughter , when Steffy decided Oliver should be with her.[/quote]
No. Steffy went after Oliver and Liam BECAUSE of all that. Then she lost interest, was still all about Bill , was devastated over their break up till she fell and hit her head and it was all of sudden Liam[/quote]

This is why I think Steffy transferred her love for Bill unto Liam... I think she thinks she is in love with Liam, but deep in her heart she loves Bill...Liam is a safe choice for someone who has watched the master waffler in action for all of her life...She recognizes that Liam is a waffler and it gives her a strange sense of peace. She knows that is what she will get from Liam so she can't be hurt. She keeps pushing because it is her revenge on Brooke for her own mother loosing out. She is scoring a victory every time Hope looses out to her .. Bill hurt her really bad when he went back to Katie, she did not expect that and she doesn't want to expose herself to that kind of deep hurt again. The bonus is that she is still in Bill's orbit..If she did not feel that way, she would slam the door in Bill's face instead of letting him in the door.

pyTse0010

Postby pyTse0010 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 pm

freesteffy wrote:
jhaxx wrote:i have a question, before hope became so brazen as to go to steffy's home and have that conversation, what did she do to steffy to cause her to go after everyone she has shown any intrest in? ive been watching from day 1 and cant remember

Hope was constantly throwing at Steffy's face that Steffy's father, Ridge cared more about Hope than his own daughter, and she mocked Steffy when Bill decided to stay with Katie,.....Rick used Steffy and Brooke...don't even get me started with everything she did to Steffy's family so Steffy wanted revenge.

Young Rick got used to make Brooke crazy and Ridge jealous by Taylor. Even before the current Steffy arrived on the scene. He was very good to Taylor. And she dumped him the minute she thought she had a shot with Ridge! She didn't l! She got left at the altar again!

But did Brooke take revenge on Taylor by sleeping with Thomas....Even though she knew Thomas wanted her!

Taylor & Stephanie gave Brooke Hell and for the most part she gave it right back. They messed up each others lives!

dew drops

Postby dew drops » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm

dxdobson wrote:I agree! Steffy resents Brooke and Hope. She actually was engaged to Rick!
The thing is, Brooke was a mother to Thomas, Steffy and Phoebe. When Taylor returned from the dead the second time they had RJ too! I think Phoebe or Steffy was really close to Brooke and asked Brooke to marry Ridge when their mom died.

yes it was all her grandmother stephanie doing then taylor hit the bottle when ridge choose brooke because she didn't get her happy ending :!: so out came the knives yet again :!:

beckyt

Postby beckyt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:08 am

dxdobson wrote:Hope and Steffy were raised as sisters. Hope was a baby. They pushed her age up when they brought Oliver on the show. Even though Steffy chased him, obviously the regal triangle Bell would use was Steffy-Liam-Hope.
At one point Steffy was chasing every man in the show after she and Rick broke up.
She was really nice when she was with Marcus and started changing after Phoebe died.

Steffy and Hope were NEVER raised as sisters, They lived under the same roof for awhile but Brooke never treated Steffy right never ! She didnt love Steffy then and she doesnt love her now! Brooke has always stuck up for Hope over Steffy ,,, Steffy was raised as ,,, and for lack of a better term the red headed step child. AND before anybody gets upset over that statement " IM not against red hair i think its pretty I am just using a statement to make my point! But Brooke treaded Steffy badly she talked bad about her mother in front of her badly as a child she was a wicked step mon! And Steffy never whined she never went to her father and told on Brooke EVER!! hOPE WAS ALWAYS WHINING ALWAYS Steffy was then and Now her own person she didnt tattle tale she learned to deal with things on her own Steffy was NEVER JEALOUS OF HOPE Brooke and Hope on the other hand are ate up with it ! All of this stuff ended up makeing Steffy a very strong independent person and she was already over the top beautiful! And Hope continued to whine and run to mommy which has made Hope a weak immature girl! She is as bad as liam so easily swayed she takes Brookes bad advice hook line and sinker everytime ! She is as big as a waffel head as Liam! And further more ,,, lets say Brooke did raise Steffy as her own daughter when she was young ,, what kind of a monster can raise a child in her home as a daughter and not Love her , And Brooke has made it very clear to Steffy usually behind closed doors that she doesn't :?

ladyviola

Postby ladyviola » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 am

Brooke never slept with Thomas. That was a lie, constructed by Steffy based on Thomas & Brooke being stranded on an island. Eventually, the berry boink scandal was proven false.

Taylor did have an affair with Rick.

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”