Is Stuttering Contagious?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
YandR and Days

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:23 pm

mauimama wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:
LuvsJason2 wrote:yo yo yo you alll nee ne nee to sttststand in corner fo rma mamamaking fun of them...LoL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG--- now that is just "mean, mean, mean" everybody! LOL Shame on me, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me-walking to said corner, head hung down in shame.... ;) ;) ;)

You are in time out young lady! :lol:

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:27 pm

ghfan1985 wrote:so many actors, and people in real life, talk like that now.

you would be bowled over to speak with someone these days who would stand up straight,
look you right in the eyes, and not pepper their speech with "ahs", "ums", "like" or repeat
their words needlessly.

OMG! When one of my daughters started talking and saying, "you know" in every sentence it drove me up the WALL! So I started saying back to her, "no, I don't know" and she'd get p*ssed thinking I was making fun of her when all I was trying to do is break that habit. She FINALLY caught on and stopped saying it! :lol:

fightcrab

Postby fightcrab » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:57 am

Dkingz1130 wrote:It’s not only them most of the actors tend to stutter a lot on this show. Not sure why they do it unless they are made to, its beyond annnoying.

To hide the fact that they don't remember their lines.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 am

fightcrab wrote:
Dkingz1130 wrote:It’s not only them most of the actors tend to stutter a lot on this show. Not sure why they do it unless they are made to, its beyond annnoying.

To hide the fact that they don't remember their lines.

That’s it. That’s exactly what it sounds like. I never heard “stuttering” per se, and now I know what it sounds like. They need to practice, practice, practice. :roll:

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 pm

It may look like the stuttering is due to forgotten lines, but I am quite sure that is not the case here. BF never stuttered before, and he seemed to start it when MM came onboard. It is an acting technique used by some coaches and has been used by some actors in the movies, too. Billy doesn't talk like that when he's speaking with other characters, for the most part, but definitely with Abby and sometimes Gabi. I think he's trying to convey that he's torn about his feelings and is being "dramatic." Sometimes an actor will hesitate on purpose, and that works well.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:01 pm

lurker girl wrote:It may look like the stuttering is due to forgotten lines, but I am quite sure that is not the case here. BF never stuttered before, and he seemed to start it when MM came onboard. It is an acting technique used by some coaches and has been used by some actors in the movies, too. Billy doesn't talk like that when he's speaking with other characters, for the most part, but definitely with Abby and sometimes Gabi. I think he's trying to convey that he's torn about his feelings and is being "dramatic." Sometimes an actor will hesitate on purpose, and that works well.

Nuff said, thank you.

ghfan1985

Postby ghfan1985 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:41 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
ghfan1985 wrote:so many actors, and people in real life, talk like that now.

you would be bowled over to speak with someone these days who would stand up straight,
look you right in the eyes, and not pepper their speech with "ahs", "ums", "like" or repeat
their words needlessly.

OMG! When one of my daughters started talking and saying, "you know" in every sentence it drove me up the WALL! So I started saying back to her, "no, I don't know" and she'd get p*ssed thinking I was making fun of her when all I was trying to do is break that habit. She FINALLY caught on and stopped saying it! :lol:

That's just kind of an expression. Nothing really so bad.

What's bad is the way actors on Days deliver their lines.. especially Will:

So, like, uh... Paul, um.... (looks around).. I was thinking that, uh, thinking that we need, we need, we need to talk.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:52 pm

You know, it’s a meaningless expression that becomes a bad habit. I would encourage all parents to break it.
Also, I can understand using it as an acting ploy, but when it’s overdone, it’s annoying.

LuvsJason2

Postby LuvsJason2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Jeank101 wrote:You know, it’s a meaningless expression that becomes a bad habit. I would encourage all parents to break it.
Also, I can understand using it as an acting ploy, but when it’s overdone, it’s annoying.

I hated this.... "You Know what I mean? lol I knew some one who would say this.. and you know what mean..? talk about getting on your nerves... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Days of Our Lives”