Nelle, The Prenup & Chase

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
centrd

Re: Nelle, The Prenup & Chase

Postby centrd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 am

lakotasmommy wrote:
GHStars wrote:I think the idea was to emphasize that the prenup was only good for in case of divorce, not death. Somehow by having her sign it, then being tempted to run away with Chase, somehow Michael and Chase are trying to trap her into "killing" Michael. It's kind of confusing and sounds convoluted. Wonder if I'm actually understanding it?

Perhaps, shortly after the baby is born, Michael will threaten divorce, triggering the pre-nup. Maybe Michael will "catch" Nelle with Chase (pre-arranged by Chase and Michael). If Michael tells Nelle he will divorce her, Nelle may decide she is better off as Michael's grieving widow, inheriting the wealth and Quartemaine name and status. Nelle will believe Chase will cover up her crimes. It appears the tag team of Chase and Michael are setting up the trap to catch Nelle in the act. JMO, just speculation ....Chase is still currently a wild card, I really hope he is legit, I like the actor and the character, hope he becomes a major character.....

I think he is legit in this. They could have left it more of a mystery, which I would have liked, but yesterday after she left him, he said, "got you". He's definitely reeling her in.

I like Chase a lot too. See lots of potential for this character & actor. And I loved seeing him in his running attire. :D

lakotasmommy

Postby lakotasmommy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am

centrd wrote:
lakotasmommy wrote:
GHStars wrote:I think the idea was to emphasize that the prenup was only good for in case of divorce, not death. Somehow by having her sign it, then being tempted to run away with Chase, somehow Michael and Chase are trying to trap her into "killing" Michael. It's kind of confusing and sounds convoluted. Wonder if I'm actually understanding it?

Perhaps, shortly after the baby is born, Michael will threaten divorce, triggering the pre-nup. Maybe Michael will "catch" Nelle with Chase (pre-arranged by Chase and Michael). If Michael tells Nelle he will divorce her, Nelle may decide she is better off as Michael's grieving widow, inheriting the wealth and Quartemaine name and status. Nelle will believe Chase will cover up her crimes. It appears the tag team of Chase and Michael are setting up the trap to catch Nelle in the act. JMO, just speculation ....Chase is still currently a wild card, I really hope he is legit, I like the actor and the character, hope he becomes a major character.....

I think he is legit in this. They could have left it more of a mystery, which I would have liked, but yesterday after she left him, he said, "got you". He's definitely reeling her in.

I like Chase a lot too. See lots of potential for this character & actor. And I loved seeing him in his running attire. :D

Yes, Chase is very "easy on the eyes"!!! You are correct, so many potential storylines for a hottie cop!

Rosesareblue

Postby Rosesareblue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:23 pm

centrd wrote:
lakotasmommy wrote:

oh yeah that was one of the highlights of the episode chase with no shirt , its been months we seen peter shirtless it was time someone took their shirt off..lol im still not convinced chase doesnt have feelings for nelle , he wants to "get" her but i think he also loves her , and when he said "got you" im confused got her about what? didnt nelle do the right thing by turning him down and staying with the father of her baby??? and it seems to me even nelle may have feelings for chase she did toy with the idea of them running away and what could happen to them if they did ,maybe thats why he said got you? i didnt get it because i think nelle gave the correct answers . cant they just recast nelle?? i would like to see her and chase together

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Rosesareblue wrote:
centrd wrote:
lakotasmommy wrote:Perhaps, shortly after the baby is born, Michael will threaten divorce, triggering the pre-nup. Maybe Michael will "catch" Nelle with Chase (pre-arranged by Chase and Michael). If Michael tells Nelle he will divorce her, Nelle may decide she is better off as Michael's grieving widow, inheriting the wealth and Quartemaine name and status. Nelle will believe Chase will cover up her crimes. It appears the tag team of Chase and Michael are setting up the trap to catch Nelle in the act. JMO, just speculation ....Chase is still currently a wild card, I really hope he is legit, I like the actor and the character, hope he becomes a major character.....

oh yeah that was one of the highlights of the episode chase with no shirt , its been months we seen peter shirtless it was time someone took their shirt off..lol im still not convinced chase doesnt have feelings for nelle , he wants to "get" her but i think he also loves her , and when he said "got you" im confused got her about what? didnt nelle do the right thing by turning him down and staying with the father of her baby??? and it seems to me even nelle may have feelings for chase she did toy with the idea of them running away and what could happen to them if they did ,maybe thats why he said got you? i didnt get it because i think nelle gave the correct answers . cant they just recast nelle?? i would like to see her and chase together

I believe he knew that he'd hooked her by planting doubt, and because of that, when things go sideways, she'll turn to him. He's playing her like a fiddle.

BUT, like you, I also believe he may still be harboring feelings for her deep down. Even when you're mad at someone, it's hard to turn off the love/attraction you've had. And it must have been pretty intense for him if he really fell for her from the first time he met her like he said. So yeah, I still see a chance of this backfiring on Chase.

I'd love if they recast her. They'd need a really good actress, though.

Oh, and by the way, did you see the guns on Chase? I thought I'd accidentally turned on the Gun Show instead of General Hospital? :lol: :lol: :lol:

50yrsGHviewer

Postby 50yrsGHviewer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm

I hope it is so long Nelle! Give Michael a real woman instead of constantly giving him wounded birds and loony birds.

Laurabkny2

Postby Laurabkny2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:53 am

Ok, the part I don’t get is the prenup and the will and Nelle’s phone call asking what happens when someone dies without a will.
The prenup is signed, and let’s assume valid. That means if they divorce she gets nothing.
If Michael dies without a will, all his money will go to Nelle, at least that’s what the lawyer told her.
If Michael dies with the will, he had Alexis draw up, all his money would go to his child, which Nelle would get anyway because she is the guardian of the child therefore would oversee the trust until the child becomes 18 years of age, unless Michael appointed someone else guardian of the trust, which I didn’t hear him do.
I think the reason I’m confused is because it was poorly written or all happened so fast.

Rosesareblue

Postby Rosesareblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:05 am

centrd wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:
centrd wrote:Perhaps, shortly after the baby is born, Michael will threaten divorce, triggering the pre-nup. Maybe Michael will "catch" Nelle with Chase (pre-arranged by Chase and Michael). If Michael tells Nelle he will divorce her, Nelle may decide she is better off as Michael's grieving widow, inheriting the wealth and Quartemaine name and status. Nelle will believe Chase will cover up her crimes. It appears the tag team of Chase and Michael are setting up the trap to catch Nelle in the act. JMO, just speculation ....Chase is still currently a wild card, I really hope he is legit, I like the actor and the character, hope he becomes a major character.....

I believe he knew that he'd hooked her by planting doubt, and because of that, when things go sideways, she'll turn to him. He's playing her like a fiddle.

BUT, like you, I also believe he may still be harboring feelings for her deep down. Even when you're mad at someone, it's hard to turn off the love/attraction you've had. And it must have been pretty intense for him if he really fell for her from the first time he met her like he said. So yeah, I still see a chance of this backfiring on Chase.

Oh, and by the way, did you see the guns on Chase? I thought I'd accidentally turned on the Gun Show instead of General Hospital? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

we need a fan to fan ourselves because these new guys are way hot !!! .. ;) and did you see the kiss the way he grabbed nelle and kissed her? way hot , please yes bring back nelle

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:29 am

Rosesareblue wrote:
centrd wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:

Oh, and by the way, did you see the guns on Chase? I thought I'd accidentally turned on the Gun Show instead of General Hospital? :lol: :lol: :lol:

we need a fan to fan ourselves because these new guys are way hot !!! .. ;) and did you see the kiss the way he grabbed nelle and kissed her? way hot , please yes bring back nelle

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nelle looked just a little flustered. Or the actress did. lol. She seemed off-balance in that entire episode, imo. I would be too, if some hunk had just grabbed me like that and told me he'd always love me. Hoo! Muy Caliente!!! (fan, fan, fan.)

But yeah, if that's a preview of Chase's romantic skills, then let's bring on a new Nelle (or somebody, anybody!) for him. I need to see more of that!

paris27

Postby paris27 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm

centrd wrote:Okay, I really wish I'd seen the episode where Chase convinced Michael to do this sting operation. Was Chase's going on about how much he loves Nelle part of the plan? Chase IS playing her, right? With Jordan in on it?

And what IS the plan anyway? How does Michael rushing the marriage and forcing a prenup on Nelle going to accomplish anything?

We don't know what the plan is. One day Chase calls Michael and tells him to come to the police dept. Then Chase Michael and Jordan sit around and agree that Michael has to fake die as some sort of plan. What we are seeing now is that plan playing out, but we don't know what it is. So yes, Chase is playing Nelle, it's all part of the plan that Jordan Chase and Michael have made.

centrd

Postby centrd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 pm

paris27 wrote:
centrd wrote:Okay, I really wish I'd seen the episode where Chase convinced Michael to do this sting operation. Was Chase's going on about how much he loves Nelle part of the plan? Chase IS playing her, right? With Jordan in on it?

And what IS the plan anyway? How does Michael rushing the marriage and forcing a prenup on Nelle going to accomplish anything?

We don't know what the plan is. One day Chase calls Michael and tells him to come to the police dept. Then Chase Michael and Jordan sit around and agree that Michael has to fake die as some sort of plan. What we are seeing now is that plan playing out, but we don't know what it is. So yes, Chase is playing Nelle, it's all part of the plan that Jordan Chase and Michael have made.

I think they're not telling us so they can trick us into being shocked by some twist. Like we'll think one thing has happened and later find out it was part of the plan all along.

Return to “General Hospital”